Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just received an email confirming my status match! I logged in online, and the web site confirms Miles & Smiles Elite status.

25-Dec-2013 Applied via the box on the Turkish site. Included both my Delta Platinum and Aegean Gold cards and screencaps.
09-Jan-2014 Status match confirmed with no additional info need.

I'm heading through IST on February 1st, so I will swing by the Miles & Smiles booth at that time.

Oh BTW, the Elite expiry date is 31/12/2015.

Last edited by gopackjo; Jan 10, 2014 at 8:18 am
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:33 pm

Got status match in August. Did not receive card and sending a secure message did not help. I basically gave up, but then someone posted in the 2013 that they sent a somewhat strongly worded message and got a card. So I tried it last month. I wasn't a jerk but conveyed some annoyance. Got a message a few days later they would send my card. Got it in the mail today. (USA)
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by lkar
Got status match in August. Did not receive card and sending a secure message did not help. I basically gave up, but then someone posted in the 2013 that they sent a somewhat strongly worded message and got a card. So I tried it last month. I wasn't a jerk but conveyed some annoyance. Got a message a few days later they would send my card. Got it in the mail today. (USA)
If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd love to get the wording of your note. I've tried everything I can think of (being super nice to being close to an jerk) and I keep getting the same runaround.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by pinoymutt
If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd love to get the wording of your note. I've tried everything I can think of (being super nice to being close to an jerk) and I keep getting the same runaround.
I don't remember what exactly I said. I wanted it to be truthful and not imply I was going to be buying TK business class tickets all of the sudden, so I said something vague like, "I have several trips in the planning stages and would like to take advantage of my status in Miles and Smiles, but at present am unwilling to travel on Turkish Airlines without a proper status card," or something like that.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by lkar
I don't remember what exactly I said. I wanted it to be truthful and not imply I was going to be buying TK business class tickets all of the sudden, so I said something vague like, "I have several trips in the planning stages and would like to take advantage of my status in Miles and Smiles, but at present am unwilling to travel on Turkish Airlines without a proper status card," or something like that.
Thanks, I'll try updating my latest online query with similar language to see if this seems to work.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 2P
I just tried the "send replacement for lost card" link online to try to get my card that never came, but I'm not sure whether it will work. Those sending a special message, did you already try this and have it fail?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
What Tier do they offer you?

I sent in my documents to match with SQ Gold. I am curious to know which M&S status they give you when they do match? Do you get Elite or Elite Plus status?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by kaushik123
I sent in my documents to match with SQ Gold. I am curious to know which M&S status they give you when they do match? Do you get Elite or Elite Plus status?
You will get Elite status. They do not match to Elite Plus!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
You will get Elite status. They do not match to Elite Plus!
Thanks! ^
Old Jan 18, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
Applied for status match in Oct 2013 (from FlyingBlue Gold), got confirmation after ~20 days and status on the M&S profile has changed. But I have an issue with getting my plastic, it didn't arrive so I called them and agent said the card will be sent after some miles will be posted. But I emailed them and reply was that they have some technical difficulties sending it to my address in Poland () and they can send it to any TK office only! So I chose WAW office and awaiting now if they will really send it

Last edited by sinus; Jan 18, 2014 at 4:41 am
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:32 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

So today I wrote a strongly worded second message via the contact form in regards to the yet undelivered E+ card (after they told me they had issues with their mail service etc). Within 1hr (!!!) I got a reply that it is in the mail today and should I not receive it within the next two weeks they will arrange to have it sent to the local TK office.. Let's see...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: *G
Requested a match from United Mileage Plus using online form with attached scan of card & e-statements.

2 or 3 weeks later they asked for "original mileage statement from last 2 months of activity".

I replied to webform with a screen cap of latest electronic statement printed as PDF. About 1 week later match was confirmed.

No mention about getting the status pack in the mail, so I used website to request "lost card".

Complained before about quality of TK but their premium fares are priced just too attractively :thumbup:
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is the "booth" to print the membership card open only in limited hours or open 24 hrs a day at IST?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: NH*G, TK*G
I became A3*G this month and have not received the physical card yet.
Is there anybody who tried status match before a physical card arrived? Did TK accept it or not?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Originally Posted by Schwann
Is the "booth" to print the membership card open only in limited hours or open 24 hrs a day at IST?
I checked this for myself last month and as far as I can remember it was 07.30 - 22.30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.