Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: DL Gold
I have a question about requalification. Lets say I get matched in April 2013. If I understood correctly the status is good for 2 years until April 2015.

"Members residing out of Turkey need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership"

If I collect 25.000 Miles until April 2014, have I requalified until 2017?
Does the 200% credit in C also apply for status miles?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Yes to both questions. So a long haul r/t in C from VIE to PVG for example, you will earn almost the full re-qualification amount.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:03 pm

Buying status miles

My membership level, second highest *G has two different requalification levels, either after one year and a second one where the level is based on earnings on both years. Is it possible to booster the account by buying status miles using the one year requalification rules or is buying status miles only possible during the last year as a last resource.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:27 pm

buying status miles is only allowed during year 2.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by G_G
I'm using customermiles[AT]thy.com

They have disabled that email link, I received this message:

We are purposing to serve you better service with new Customer Relations web page in our website. The email address, customermiles(@)thy.com is not used anymore. You may reach Customer Relations website via following link.

http://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

The problem I had trying to fill out their customer contact form is that I could never get the phone number in the correct format no matter how I spaced the numbers but finally one went through. It was a request for missing miles so we'll see what happens.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by Daoane
I have a question about requalification. Lets say I get matched in April 2013. If I understood correctly the status is good for 2 years until April 2015.

"Members residing out of Turkey need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership"

If I collect 25.000 Miles until April 2014, have I requalified until 2017?
Does the 200% credit in C also apply for status miles?
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Yes to both questions. So a long haul r/t in C from VIE to PVG for example, you will earn almost the full re-qualification amount.

Just to add to the question. With the understanding that the answer was YES to both of the above questions.

Matched in April 2013. Status valid until April 2015.
Collect 25.000 miles between June-December 2013 = Requalified until April 2017.

But if collection continues, 25.000 miles between January-December 2014, then what is the status requalified to? April 2017 still? or April 2019 (additional 2 years)?

Just curious how the clock would reset after the initial year. Because collect 25.000 in the first year, or 37.500 in 2 years. With the requalification extended to 2017... then how would the yearly cycle reset?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 8:42 pm

I am not sure how it works if you are status matched. But if you were to fly 40K miles and turn Elite and then do 25K miles in the first 6 months you would have re-qualified for another 2 years (as Elite). If you then do another 15K miles within 12 months from when you turned Elite, you will turn Elite+ and a new qualification period starts. This means in reality that you have *G for 4 years (from your Elite+ start), since if you don't requalify for E+, you will be downgraded to Elite.

If we take me as an example, i requalified my Elite+ within a few months, so for the next ~20 months my status miles doesn't count for status. My requalification starts again in Dec 2015 iirc.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:50 pm

Status matched in, so not sure how it works, but I crossed the 25k/1st year mark, and this is what I got in my statement. Membership hasn't been extended, but I have 17 months to get a shade over 10k miles.

Required Status Miles for Elite requalification (*Thefirst year or **the total of the first and second year as of the beginning of the membership are considered)

26523* / 37500**

Status Miles in the first year / Status Miles within the first and second year #SAVE_CARD_STATUS_3STAR#

26523 / 26523

Required Status Miles within the passed 12 months for Elite Plus qualification

Status Miles in the last 12 months

Elite Membership Start Date

Elite Membership Expire Date

Any idea how it works?
Old May 1, 2013, 3:52 am

Give it a few days and it will be say you have re-qualified.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:11 am
Suspended

TK Elite Membership

Hello,

I just received TK Elite membership today and just wondering what are the exact benefits?

Also as I haven't received the card yet, how do I gain access to lounges flying on other Star Alliance airlines (eg. LH).

Thanks
Old May 16, 2013, 12:13 am

http://youtu.be/hmBTJ964QRQ
Explains it all.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Hello,

I just received TK Elite membership today and just wondering what are the exact benefits?

Also as I haven't received the card yet, how do I gain access to lounges flying on other Star Alliance airlines (eg. LH).

Thanks
Your *G status will be shown on the BP which will be scanned for lounge access & fast track.Most of the time it will not be necessary to show the card.
Old May 16, 2013, 11:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by correctioncx
Hello,

Seriously, correctioncx, you matched / earned TK elite and didn't even bother to check what the TK Elite benefits are?

You have well over 1700 posts on FT and are hoping someone will re-iterate what's already very well described in the FAQs for you?
Old May 16, 2013, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Seriously, correctioncx, you matched / earned TK elite and didn't even bother to check what the TK Elite benefits are?

You have well over 1700 posts on FT and are hoping someone will re-iterate what's already very well described in the FAQs for you?
Which makes a farce of the TK match program. A lot of people just want another shiny card in the wallet. With no interest in giving any business to TK.
Old May 16, 2013, 2:43 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by iamaho
Which makes a farce of the TK match program. A lot of people just want another shiny card in the wallet. With no interest in giving any business to TK.
That's TK's mistake not asking at least 2 TK flights before status matching like LH did

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.