Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Missymerv
Hi guys interview scheduled for Tuesday evening just want to make sure I have everything I need......conditional approval letter, passport, drivers license and a mortgage statement? Has anyone been asked for anything else? TIA
Both my wife & myself just took the conditional approval letter, passport & dl. We had moved since her DL was issued and the state just sent us a sticker which we affixed on the back with the new address. She took a copy of an utility bill, but they did not bother with that.

They did not even see the conditional approval letter for neither of us.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Missymerv
Hi guys interview scheduled for Tuesday evening just want to make sure I have everything I need......conditional approval letter, passport, drivers license and a mortgage statement? Has anyone been asked for anything else? TIA
You should be fine. I all of that plus my utilities bill and only got asked for my passport. Agent asked me was I still living at the same address and was I still employed with the Federal government. Yes to both but no proof asked for.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Pretty much the same for me. Since I was a scheduled appointment, he didn't need to see the letter. Honestly, I've had experiences ordering take out food that were more ... involved than my GE interview.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta, American, Air Canada, Qantas, Air France, Aer Lingus, British Airways
My driver license has my former address on it and still has a year left on it. Is this going to be an issue for my interview?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MsGlobalTraveler
My driver license has my former address on it and still has a year left on it. Is this going to be an issue for my interview?
No but you may be asked to explain the difference. I'd make sure I had some other document(s) that shows my current address like a lease/rental agreement, utility bill, etc.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by MsGlobalTraveler
Welcome to FT. Have you changed your address with DMV yet? If you have, do you have a receipt for the change?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If your state requires you to have changed your address on the driver's license by now, I would do that before going for the GE interview.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lady523 and I got GE in 2012. The application asked for convictions, not arrests. Interview was at SFO.
We brought passports.
The interviewer asked me about arrests, even traffic violations. The interviewer knew all the answers and the interview was really a truth telling test. He prompted me along when he asked about specific events in the 1970's (there were a bunch and I couldn't recall every detail. He had it all in front of him). He did not request any court documents from my checkered past. I was passed then and there. But Lady523, interviewed by a different officer, had one disorderly conduct arrest in the 80's, and was required to provide the court disposition of that case for her approval. Fortunately she was able to phone and find a clerk in the courthouse - cross-country on the East Coast - who was willing to dig through boxes of paper files in the basement and found the document. Nothing from that far back had been digitized. She was given like 6 weeks to produce the document. She scanned and emailed it to the CPB officer directly. She was approved that day.
Lesson here is don't lie. Its all on your permanent record, just like they told you in high school.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Admirals, Accor, HHG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by rickg523
Lady523 and I got GE in 2012. The application asked for convictions, not arrests. Interview was at SFO.
We brought passports.
The interviewer asked me about arrests, even traffic violations. The interviewer knew all the answers and the interview was really a truth telling test. He prompted me along when he asked about specific events in the 1970's (there were a bunch and I couldn't recall every detail. He had it all in front of him). He did not request any court documents from my checkered past. I was passed then and there. But Lady523, interviewed by a different officer, had one disorderly conduct arrest in the 80's, and was required to provide the court disposition of that case for her approval. Fortunately she was able to phone and find a clerk in the courthouse - cross-country on the East Coast - who was willing to dig through boxes of paper files in the basement and found the document. Nothing from that far back had been digitized. She was given like 6 weeks to produce the document. She scanned and emailed it to the CPB officer directly. She was approved that day.
Lesson here is don't lie. Its all on your permanent record, just like they told you in high school.
Its possible it was revised to avoid so many people getting hung up and wasting interview time. Glad it worked out rather smoothly for you two. (Giving the potentially sizable hurdle.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
GE Interview tomorrow - don't have driver's license!

Hi all.. I applied for and got my conditional approval a couple of weeks ago and have my interview tomorrow at the US Embassy in London (I was lucky - snagged a cancellation as all the slots were gone!).

When I applied, I remember having to provide details of my (UK) driving license. Problem is, I don't have it with me right now (long story!). I have my passports and other photo ID (passport card from Ireland), and other proofs of address (utility and council tax bills).

Will I be OK without the DL?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
I would have thought so. What if you didn’t have a DL? In the US you can get an ID from the DMV (DVLC equivalent) but I don’t think you can in the UK.

Your passport and other IDs should IMO work, but you could call them up first...
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
I have my passports and other photo ID (passport card from Ireland), and other proofs of address (utility and council tax bills).

Will I be OK without the DL?
You should be fine.

You are required to bring the conditional approval letter, your passport(s), a Permanent Resident (Green) Card (if applicable) and a document proving your residency. Your utility and tax bills will suffice for the latter.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by TWA884
You should be fine.

You are required to bring the conditional approval letter, your passport(s), a Permanent Resident (Green) Card (if applicable) and a document proving your residency. Your utility and tax bills will suffice for the latter.
Phew. Thanks. I'll post back how I get on.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by tanglin
I would have thought so. What if you didn’t have a DL? In the US you can get an ID from the DMV (DVLC equivalent) but I don’t think you can in the UK.

Your passport and other IDs should IMO work, but you could call them up first...
It isn't that you have to have a DL, but if you do have a DL they require you to declare it as part of the application.

So the question is (A) whether they care about non-US DL's (maybe, or maybe not), and (B) whether they need to verify your DL data, just as they verify passport and visa data during the interview.

I applied without a DL, but I was told that if at any point I get a DL, then I have to bring it to an enrollment center. (Note: I'm a US non-resident, but still eligible for a US DL, so it's not clear if the same requirement extends to those who only have foreign DL's.)
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by televisor
It isn't that you have to have a DL, but if you do have a DL they require you to declare it as part of the application.

So the question is (A) whether they care about non-US DL's (maybe, or maybe not), and (B) whether they need to verify your DL data, just as they verify passport and visa data during the interview.

I applied without a DL, but I was told that if at any point I get a DL, then I have to bring it to an enrollment center. (Note: I'm a US non-resident, but still eligible for a US DL, so it's not clear if the same requirement extends to those who only have foreign DL's.)
Here is the actual language of the documents requested to be brought to the interview as listed in my letter of conditional approval:
[Y]ou must bring with you the following original documents to the enrollment center:

• This Letter inviting you to an interview;
  • A valid passport or permanent resident card. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use either passport at the Global Entry kiosk;
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are a drivers license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.
  • If you are a UK citizen and applied for Global Entry, and you are not a U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder) you must bring an original copy of your ACRO Disclosure Certificate (police certificate) to the interview.
Nowhere does it state that a driver's license is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.