FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:18 pm
JMGPhila

Programs: AA, BA, Admirals, Accor, HHG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by rickg523
Lady523 and I got GE in 2012. The application asked for convictions, not arrests. Interview was at SFO.
We brought passports.
The interviewer asked me about arrests, even traffic violations. The interviewer knew all the answers and the interview was really a truth telling test. He prompted me along when he asked about specific events in the 1970's (there were a bunch and I couldn't recall every detail. He had it all in front of him). He did not request any court documents from my checkered past. I was passed then and there. But Lady523, interviewed by a different officer, had one disorderly conduct arrest in the 80's, and was required to provide the court disposition of that case for her approval. Fortunately she was able to phone and find a clerk in the courthouse - cross-country on the East Coast - who was willing to dig through boxes of paper files in the basement and found the document. Nothing from that far back had been digitized. She was given like 6 weeks to produce the document. She scanned and emailed it to the CPB officer directly. She was approved that day.
Lesson here is don't lie. Its all on your permanent record, just like they told you in high school.
Its possible it was revised to avoid so many people getting hung up and wasting interview time. Glad it worked out rather smoothly for you two. (Giving the potentially sizable hurdle.