Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by tbrein
Thanks for all your help.
DH has a 3 before AA AA
I have a 0 before AA AA

Guess I don't get selected. But the question is why not?????
Terri
If the names on the scanned BP match your GE profile (and the associated passport), I don't now what your next step is. I was assuming that there was something internal in the airlines system causing a mismatch on the names.

Maybe you should review the AA PreCheck thread and post there for advice.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Our personal experience has been similar to your DH. All of my family (myself, the DW and our adult son) are virtually 100% on PreCheck.

I don't know if you should contact the CBP or the TSA.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Thanks for all your help.
DH has a 3 before AA AA
I have a 0 before AA AA

Guess I don't get selected. But the question is why not?????
Terri
At this point, I'd call AA and have them verify your SecureFlight data matches your GOES account exactly.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Thanks for all your advice and help. Will try with AA.
Terri
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Well, I decided to take another look and recheck everything. I must be dyslexic. I didn't notice it the first two times. Sure enough there was an extra digit in the Pass ID on my profile on AA. Guess that answers my question. Thanks again for all your advice. We will see if I get selected on my next flight.
Appreciate all the help.
Terri
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Well, I decided to take another look and recheck everything. I must be dyslexic. I didn't notice it the first two times. Sure enough there was an extra digit in the Pass ID on my profile on AA. Guess that answers my question. Thanks again for all your advice. We will see if I get selected on my next flight.
Appreciate all the help.
Terri
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
I had my GE interview yesterday and all went well. Very friendly agent at SEA.

I understood him to say that for international flights, the name on my ticket has to match exactly the name in my passport and on my GE profile. I have a ticket for Sept travel that was issued before I had GE. I called AA today to ask them to change the name on the ticket to match the GE profile. They told me that this was not necessary, since TSA uses the profile name only.

Is AA correct? It's very possible that I misunderstood the GE agent.

Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
I had my GE interview yesterday and all went well. Very friendly agent at SEA.

I understood him to say that for international flights, the name on my ticket has to match exactly the name in my passport and on my GE profile. I have a ticket for Sept travel that was issued before I had GE. I called AA today to ask them to change the name on the ticket to match the GE profile. They told me that this was not necessary, since TSA uses the profile name only.

Is AA correct? It's very possible that I misunderstood the GE agent.

Thanks.
Your SecureFlight info (including your PASSID) has to match GOES.

Make sure to add your PASSID to any existing reservations.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by dustman81
Your SecureFlight info (including your PASSID) has to match GOES.

Make sure to add your PASSID to any existing reservations.
Done. Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:28 pm

Just got my first precheck since being approved for global entry. This is great.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Me too!

Originally Posted by sbudaj
Just got my first precheck since being approved for global entry. This is great.
First try today for me after recent GE approval. Web check produced Pre-Check icon. Whoopie!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:35 am

Known Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Me and my wife are both US Permanent residents and my daughter is a US Citizen. We were approved for the global entry and received our cards as well. While traveling tomorrow, I noticed that only my daughter received TSA-Pre status from Delta on her boarding pass, but unfortunately, neither me or my wife got the same check mark on ours. I do have added our KTN numbers under Delta profile and it matches correctly with my name on the Delta site and my GE card.

I thought Global Entry approval would automatically get us enrolled into TSA Pre and allow us to use the benefits since TSA Pre allows Legal Permanent Residents to also apply (Posting link from the TSA Pre website below.).

Am I missing anything?

What are the eligibility requirements for TSA Pre✓™?
An individual must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident and cannot have been convicted of certain crimes.

List A – One document is acceptable from the following primary forms of identification:

Permanent Resident Card (I-551) often referred to as a “Green Card” – demonstrates LPR status

List B – Two documents are required from the following secondary forms of identification (with one being a government-issued photo ID and one demonstrating citizenship/immigration status):
Unexpired ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the U.S. This must include a State or State agency seal or logo (such as a State University ID)
U.S. Social Security card

Last edited by deep41305; Dec 18, 2013 at 10:00 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:52 am

Approved Global Entry, but no TSA Pre

Did you put your known traveler number into your airlines' profile on you?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
From what the Customs guy told me in Denver, pre-check comes up on your boarding pass about 75% of the time, depending on the airline. It may just be that you didn't get selected. Also, make sure you update your status with the airlines.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:05 am

At AA, the name on your AAdvantage account must match the name associated with your trusted traveler number exactly. This is likely the case with other carriers as well.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:15 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's also the case for United, so you have to change it on your profile if it isn't identical.

Lately, knock on wood, I've been getting PRE more than 75% of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.