Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by elbees
In business class: barefoot in the bathroom.
It would be way worse in Economy. At least they clean the bathroom. I've seen FA's clean the floor between passengers.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
It would be way worse in Economy. At least they clean the bathroom. I've seen FA's clean the floor between passengers.
Which airline is this?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Calchas
Which airline is this?
Maybe Air India? :P
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus, IHG Platinum Elite
I once had a f/c pax who spent the first half of the flight picking his nose and flicking the boogers in the aisle. That was so successful he decided to use the last half of the flight picking his teeth with the same finger. I was so grossed out, I was almost dry heaving in the aisle. Upon arrival in _ _ _, I asked the agent if she knew this passenger. She said, "Yes, he's one of our top EP's!"
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Advantage, United Mileage Plus, IHG Platinum Elite
One more story... I had 2 f/c paxs (both were PL or EP) on a late night flight who did not know each other but had plenty of wine. Long story short, the male pax in 6A decides to pleasure the female in 6B. She has her dress up to her waist and her feet up on the seat in front of her.
I happened to walk by and was so shocked I walked to coach to tell my crew. By the time we got back up to f/c to tell them to knock it off and get a motel in ONT, they were done.
The amazing thing was the man sitting across from them (very engrossed in his laptop work) never noticed!
I have a pretty good memory and have had the female on my flight 3 other times. She probably doesn't even remember what happened- but I do!

Last edited by MargaretM; Feb 9, 2016 at 9:40 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by pdsales
Sometimes you see things you just don't believe, I did a double take.

-- guy inserts index finger into his nose up to the first joint, digs vigorously, wipes finger on pants leg (his own pants leg thank god), reflects briefly on his progress in locating whatever he was looking for in there (missing car keys, perhaps), and repeats this process 7-8 times before he was satisfied his results.

Pilot announces we are landing at O'Hare, begins descent, and apparently he once again became anxious that without those missing car keys he couldn't get home, because he repeated that same process:
  1. Excavate to depth of one knuckle.
  2. Inspect fingertip carefully.
  3. Wipe on pants leg.
  4. Repeat
OMG
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Chinese passengers who wear nylon/polyester/fully-synthetic socks that STINK like you wouldn't believe often take their shoes off when on flight. That's the worst for me.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MargaretM
One more story... I had 2 f/c paxs (both were PL or EP) on a late night flight who did not know each other but had plenty of wine. Long story short, the male pax in 6A decides to pleasure the female in 6B. She has her dress up to her waist and her feet up on the seat in front of her.
I happened to walk by and was so shocked I walked to coach to tell my crew. By the time we got back up to f/c to tell them to knock it off and get a motel in ONT, they were done.
The amazing thing was the man sitting across from them (very engrossed in his laptop work) never noticed!
I have a pretty good memory and have had the female on my flight 3 other times. She probably doesn't even remember what happened- but I do!
What??
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I once had a f/c pax who spent the first half of the flight picking his nose and flicking the boogers in the aisle.
Wow so the knuckle deep club and the mile high club.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Wow so the knuckle deep club and the mile high club.
That could easily be a description of the second incident only.

Last edited by roberino; Feb 10, 2016 at 3:41 am
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
1. Many comments about use of chewing tobacco and spitting, etc. I thought "smokeless tobacco" was banned on airplanes, why didn't people report this to FA?

2. I don't know why so many people think clipping fingernails is disgusting.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by NotSoFrequentColorado
2. I don't know why so many people think clipping fingernails is disgusting.
Nail fragments have a tendency to fly
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
Nails and hair are the same thing. Hair can fly too, if you comb it. Is combing hair disgusting too?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by NotSoFrequentColorado
Nails and hair are the same thing. Hair can fly too, if you comb it. Is combing hair disgusting too?
In the seat next to people where food gets served? yes, yes it is.
Most people go to the toilets for that
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: united, virgin, hhonors, marriott
Fixed it for ya

"Passengers who wear nylon/polyester/fully-synthetic socks that STINK like you wouldn't believe often take their shoes off when on flight. That's the worst for me."

I would giving giving them the stink eye whether they came from Cleveland or Chengdu. No need to drag any particular nation into this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.