Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Embarrassing travel moment?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Most Embarrassing travel moment?

Did not completely zip up my carry-on some years back and was rolling through the old Berry terminal at DTW when 2 female NW FAs (both of them laughing) alerted me that I had lost some items from it... Looked behind me to see my underduds lying on the floor of the terminal. I have never packed them on top of my carry-on again.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by krlcomm
Did not completely zip up my carry-on some years back and was rolling through the old Berry terminal at DTW when 2 female NW FAs (both of them laughing) alerted me that I had lost some items from it... Looked behind me to see my underduds lying on the floor of the terminal. I have never packed them on top of my carry-on again.
lol

Uh oh.. shorts on the highway!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA1K, F9 Ascent
Several years ago was traveling with my wife and our two sons, who were 1 and 3 years old at the time. After we had disembarked the plane at BTV and had made it to the end of the jet way, we entered a small hallway and were heading towards the arrivals area. I was in front carrying the 1 year old when an alarm started ringing. I turned around to see my three year old looking guilty and my wife looking horrified. There was a fire alarm right near his face and it was obvious he had pushed it. We weren't sure what to do as some sort of fire door closed at the end of the hallway we were in. We were stuck with the other passengers with no where to go. A security person soon arrived to investigate and as we were telling them what happened we could see the fire trucks racing across the tarmac toward us. After a little further investigation they opened the doors and all were free to go.

They had told us this was not the first time that a kid had pushed the same alarm and have been considering relocating it. We laughed later that night when the 'false' alarm made the local news.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Old thread, sorry for bringing it back...but I figure my story belongs here.

I was sitting on an AA flight a few months ago, I forget to where..probably SAN-DFW though. I was in aisle, a woman roughly my age was in the window. As boarding was coming to an end the middle seat had remained open. I was reading something and hadn't really noticed. The woman leaned over to me and said "Looks like we'll get lucky!"

My reflexive response? "Oh, no thanks I'm married".

Then I realized she was talking about the empty middle.

Oops.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Proudelitist

I was sitting on an AA flight a few months ago, I forget to where..probably SAN-DFW though. I was in aisle, a woman roughly my age was in the window. As boarding was coming to an end the middle seat had remained open. I was reading something and hadn't really noticed. The woman leaned over to me and said "Looks like we'll get lucky!"

Oops.
Errr 😳 And what happened next?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

Oops.
Lol! That's awesome. How was the rest of the flight?
And if that was your reflexive response as in the first thing that sprang to mind, how often does this happen to you?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Getting pissed in Zurich before an LX flight to PEK- noteworthy because (1) although I am a drinker in my normal life I am a firm advocate of no drinking or very moderate drinking when flying and (2) Zurich is not exactly a cheap place to go boozing- and then almost missing the flight, running in a drunken flap and then tripping over the gap between aircraft and air bridge, resulting in me flying head first into the galley and propping myself up again some galley equipment. I went to my seat and pretended to fall asleep immediately in the hope that it might save me from getting offloaded. It worked. Woke up in PEK with a hellish hangover, which is not recommended.

On BA I have been impeccably behaved, though I have developed a bizarre dyspraxia when it comes to opening the mini milk container, because I have managed to squirt it over my neighbour/neighbour's possessions on a number of occasions.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by CT-UK
got pissed, looked at a hot FA.

Woke up in my F PJ's busting for a piss so walked to the bogs with morning wood on full display and some stains on the PJ's.

Does this count?
Lad
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:27 pm

On my second time flying internationally alone, just over 18 years old. Sitting on aisle, gentlemen on window visibly drunk. I started drinking too. After a few beers, both of us headed to the area near the bathroom on the back. A FA opens a cabinet, picks up an open bottle of wine and chugs a few large mouthfuls. As my drunk neighbour and i watched in awe and chuckled, he produced another bottle and a few cans of beer: "our little secret" or something to that effect, he uttered. During the flight, he produced some more cans of beer. Long story short,the area near the bathrooms was soon filled and my drunk neighbour even danced with some female passengers. Some two or three hours later, a FA with more authority ushered everybody back to their seats. I stumbled through my connection completely drunk.
Looking back, it was all a mix of dangerous and annoying behaviour which I won't certainly repeat and hope to never see anyone doing on on one of my flights.
If anyone reading was on that flight, back in 2002, my sincerest apologies.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Getting pissed in Zurich before an LX flight to PEK- noteworthy because (1) although I am a drinker in my normal life I am a firm advocate of no drinking or very moderate drinking when flying and (2) Zurich is not exactly a cheap place to go boozing- and then almost missing the flight, running in a drunken flap and then tripping over the gap between aircraft and air bridge, resulting in me flying head first into the galley and propping myself up again some galley equipment. I went to my seat and pretended to fall asleep immediately in the hope that it might save me from getting offloaded. It worked. Woke up in PEK with a hellish hangover, which is not recommended.

On BA I have been impeccably behaved, though I have developed a bizarre dyspraxia when it comes to opening the mini milk container, because I have managed to squirt it over my neighbour/neighbour's possessions on a number of occasions.
I would absolutely love to enter an aircraft with such... gusto.

Ro
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by omarr135
Errr 😳 And what happened next?
Her eyes got big, her face turned red, and she didn't say another thing to me for the rest of the flight

Originally Posted by Finkface
Lol! That's awesome. How was the rest of the flight?
And if that was your reflexive response as in the first thing that sprang to mind, how often does this happen to you?
Rest of the flight was awkward!

The problem was that I didn't clearly hear her..I heard "You'll get lucky" instead of "We'll get lucky"..but had already responded by the time I realized what she actually said.

But it happens sometimes

Last edited by JY1024; Sep 1, 2016 at 11:44 pm Reason: Merged consecutive post by same user
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:17 am

Oops.
very funny
better than "no thanks you're not my style"
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:30 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by babunny
Letting a silent fart that then stunk out the entire upper deck.....kept my head down on that one until my wonderful niece shouts out 'hells bells Auntie .... That's smells like the pig farm!'

Spilling tea all over three rows of people and one cc during turbulence on a flight upto Manchester

My Husband would like to chip in his two pennies worth about a time he was boarding and told to 'follow your daughter....'. He said 'no problems but that's my wife!'

(our argument now is that wasn't at all embarrassing for him as it looks like he has a much younger wife so big ego boost, I was thinking wow! My new bat poo anti ageing cream must be really working but we do agree that the cabin crew member looked like he would like the world to open and swallow him up)

The SBD flatulence stories are what make me crack up!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
This is more awkward than embarrassing. On an AA flight, I had pre-ordered the pasta dish; the other option that day being an over cooked beef dish with (and here's the problem) some sort of lobster macaroni (and I have a shellfish allergy). The FA, a lovely young lady who was clearly overworked that day, set down the pasta dish before the gentleman sitting next to me (who seemed disappointed), and gave me the beef dish. I asked the FA if I could have a pasta, which I had pre-ordered; she looked flustered at that point, said they were out of everything, and apologized.

I then asked the gentleman sitting next to me if he would like to swap meals. Apparently, he took this to mean he would get to eat both mediocre AA lunches. Alrighty, then. As I sat there, with nothing but a bad (but happily small) salad and a dinner roll on my plate, I wondered where it had all gone wrong. I just didn't have the heart to ask the gentleman for the (rather questionable) pasta dish, so i hope he enjoyed his meal.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:38 am

I arrived to Argentina and waited for my suitcase. It wasn't showing up, so I started getting nervous. All people had left and I even went to Lost Baggage accepting my bad luck. I described them the suitcase. It was still rolling, I just had not recognized it. They gave it to me looking at me like a was an idiota.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.