FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   KVS Availability Tool (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1592702-kvs-availability-tool.html)

CalRef Nov 5, 2012 7:57 am

KVS Availability Tool

Is anyone else having trouble getting in? I keep getting the error message #9002 and directed to errors.kvstool.com/. When I try the website it shows not available.

FlyinHawaiian Nov 5, 2012 8:12 am

Moving this to the Travel Tools Forum, the appropriate place to ask this question.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

SyLance Nov 5, 2012 8:13 am

Same here. Seems the whole server is down: the website doesn't load either.

Bonehead Nov 5, 2012 8:38 am

Just came back up for me.

frb98mf Jul 22, 2014 10:06 am

Reopening this question as am getting the same message and error #12007 and not being able to open kvs.com... grateful to hear from anyone having similar problems.

KVS Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by frb98mf (Post 23237341)
Reopening this question as am getting the same message and error #12007 and not being able to open kvs.com... grateful to hear from anyone having similar problems.

There have been no issues with any of the KVS Tool servers.

As always, you can use http://DownForEveryoneOrJustMe.com/www.KVSTool.com/ to confirm.

For help troubleshooting your local internet connection and settings, please see http://Errors.KVSTool.com/

oliver2002 Nov 20, 2014 2:17 am

KVS Availability Tool [rebooted review thread]

Welcome to the reboot of the previous thread in which Flyertalkers discussed anything related to the KVS Availability Tool.

After some quite controversial discussions in the previous thread, the senior moderator team, which moderates this section, decided to close the thread and reboot it.

A few house keeping rules to keep in mind:

Flyertalk rules apply to this thread. Please take a moment to review them here. In particular, keep the following sections in mind:

12. Abusive or disruptive behavior or content
Be welcoming & friendly, avoid getting personal and do not post disruptive or provocative statements.

15. Deceptive, Dishonest, Illegal or Fraudulent Posting
Do not post anything that misquote or mischaracterize other posts or member(s). Supporting, encouraging or promoting illegal activity or fraud upon an individual or company is prohibited.

Thank you for your attention. Note that any violation of Flyertalk rules will have consequences as laid down in section 23 of the rules.

Regards

JDiver, Moderator2, oliver2002, and Prospero
Senior Moderators

WolfvanWeen Nov 20, 2014 5:29 am

I believe you guys made a wise decision to put an end to the fight.
I very well understand what shouldn't be in this new thread.
I am however less clear about what this new thread shall contain.
Will the "official KVS representative" look into this new thread and comment on user questions about the functionality of the tool, is this here - in other words - again the "service section" for (donating) users?

ExpatExp Nov 20, 2014 6:36 am

I love the KVS Tool and have found it very useful over the years. I don't have a current subscription but would like to renew it next time I have a lot of flight planning to do.

Great to know there is a new thread for questions ^

bworrell Nov 20, 2014 6:41 am

Any news on when Delta award availability will be available again? That's one of the features I used the most. (And Skyteam award availability doesn't really help as that shows only low mileage -- and everyone know how great Delta is at having low award availability.)

IluvSQ Nov 20, 2014 7:47 am

I will say that I used and valued KVS for almost 10 years, but when the recent
fares/availability searches became unavailable, I requested a refund of my
last renewal, and it was done promptly.

If the fares and availability become legitimately available again, I would be glad
to sign up again.

Xyzzy Nov 20, 2014 8:26 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 23870947)
I will say that I used and valued KVS for almost 10 years, but when the recent
fares/availability searches became unavailable, I requested a refund of my
last renewal, and it was done promptly.

If the fares and availability become legitimately available again, I would be glad
to sign up again.

I used KVS Tool for a few years until I discovered that the data it provided was not being accessed in accordance with the stated policies of the sites it was coming from. At that p:eek:int, not wishing to further illegal activity, I let my subscription lapse.

UA-NYC Nov 20, 2014 10:20 am

I'm torn - I like it as I can search CX, LH, and others that don't show up with EF (right?) - but with a tiny bit more work, I can use those airline sites to find availability. But I'm lazy, and I like the KVS app...just easier to click a button vs. re-doing searches w/EF.

Maybe I'll just let KVS lapse and see if I'm missing anything. The loss of availability, combined with lack of UA visibility, kills off 90% of my searches.

oliver2002 Nov 20, 2014 10:51 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 23870474)
Will the "official KVS representative" look into this new thread and comment on user questions about the functionality of the tool, is this here - in other words - again the "service section" for (donating) users?

FT member KVS can respond to questions users of his tool may have in this thread. FT rules apply.

shore9 Nov 20, 2014 11:34 am

May I ask the reason for discontinuing flight availability with the regular version of the KVS tool?

What is now the best way to look up flight availability?

thanks