Wiki Posts
Search

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:46 pm

What is the warranty?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by RobCH
I'm unclear how the "slots" work for storing/accessing a laptop. It doesn't appear to be explained on the website. Vocier, can you help?
I think this feature exists only on the original C38. The slot is in the side of the inner compartment. To give you an idea of where it is, it has a little strap that goes into the wash bag area to secure the laptop. You can reach that side of the inner compartment by unzipping compartment that allows you to access your wash bag.

The feature was removed in my F38. I liked the option, but I never actually used it on my C38. I'm not sure if it's available in the current C38 or not. By removing it, it probably gives a little more room in the inner compartment by having fewer layers of material.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by jdn7
Hi All - new poster. Realizing that work will likely put me on the road semi regularly, I'm debating between the B&R U174 and the Vocier C38. I realize the latter has a wait, but March would work for my next travel. I will likely be 3-4 days away, 2 suits, 3-4 shirts + necessities.

My main question is: I travel with dress shoes and running shoes, for the brief moments when I can exercise while traveling. The C38 is undoubtably a "sexier" bag, but I'm worried about getting both dress and (more packable) running shoes in this bag, along with 2 suits.

Any insight or suggestions? Thanks all.
Are you trying to get 2 pairs of shoes into the bag or are you going to wear your dress shoes and pack your running shoes? 2 pairs of shoes in the bag will be really tough. I've been able to get 2 suits, 3-4 shirts, underwear, socks, and a pair of shoes into the bag. You should try to stuff as much underwear and socks as you can into your shoes. I usually wear one of the my suit jackets onto the plane just to keep the bag a little less stuffed and to minimize the risk of creases.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat Hertz Gold Marriott Gold
vocier C35 review - very well done...

Hi All - new here, medium business traveler, mostly domestic US, lurked for awhile and learned a lot, especially from this thread, thanks.

wanted to share my perspective on the C35 after a 4 day trip.

Overall: worked well/ two slacks, 1 sport coat and 1 pr dress shoes / looks good / up to you if worth the price...

Details:
1) C35 usage for me: US domestic business trips, usually 1 or 2 business days requiring a sport coat, dress shoes, 1 or 2 dress shirts/slacks plus the rest of the stuff. Rollies are fine, I'm a medium to experience packer so can get my clothes to the hotel with compression bags and good folding, for the most part. Have had various non wheeled bag in the past, with varying degrees of my back/willingness to carry. Was seduced by Vocier marketing honestly, and thought the concept was clever but was unsure about worth vs. price.
Was using generic rollie or leather Piel duffel, until shoulder strap connection broke

2) Vocier service: after I ordered, expecting to use their generous return policy to test it out, there was some snafu with shipping and it did not arrive in time for a one night business trip. I think it was the fault of the shipping company not Vocier, but Vinzent, one of the co-founders, got involved pretty quickly and shipped out another C35 and took over trying to track down the original order (still in the ether as far as I know...)

3) What does it hold: missing my 1 day test out trip, my recent trip was 3 work days and involved a few more clothes:

1 sports coat (sz 42R)
3 dress shirts
2 slacks
1 pr size 10 dress shoes
4 underwear
3 lightweight undershirts/ 3 dress socks
1 pr. athletic sox
1 cotton t-shirt
1 dri-fit t-shirt and sweatpants
toiletries kit in heavy plastic zipper quart bag

4a) Results: very good - all packed according to vocier instructions - was snug fit but did fit. Toiletries were wedged in and out of hole in top zipper access, and was easily retrievable for security. Got complements from my taxi driver - he's great I use him all the time so when he asked how much it costs I told him and he whistled and smirked...

Carrying the bag over the shoulder was easy - well balanced, although a bit wider than my other duffel, causing a few excuse me's maneuvering through the airport. I have added a padded guitar strap "pad" which makes it more comfortable. Made the return flight in my dress clothes and carried through the airport with the handles - relatively lightweight and easy manage, significantly lighter than my leather duffel. Wearing the sport coat, there was additional room (assuming equal swap out of my plane clothes into the C35) for 2 cotton t-shirts, 1 of the children's size, purchased as souvenirs.

At the hotel the internal hanger had come undone but the pants and sport coat were indeed wrinkle free. Was it more wrinkle free then a well folded inside out in zippered rollie section? Maybe only a little, but the dress shirts were notably less wrinkled, and with my normal 1 shirt / 1 suit trips I may be able to keep the dress shirt pressed at home and save 15 minutes in hotel ironing the next morning.

4b) Results - things to look for: smaller size and unique shape. Overbooked flight on UA as always, and on the Airbus 320 the bag fit alongside in and had to be wedged slightly off center, against a soft bag, for the flight attendant to slam the overhead door. On return trip I had the same concern, but that attendant did the "grab the top part of the overhead door" trick and was able to close it. Next time I'll load the flat side in leaving the 4 small nubs out, that may have enough clearance to close the door more comfortably. Had to pack my laptop extras in my briefcase, usually go into the rollie.

On the hanger side of the bag the zipper is a little off center - still able to close but with some strain. This may not be a concern for my usual one suit/one dress shirt, but something to consider if you're trying to get two sportcoats/suits in there

the smaller external zip pocket has minimal actual capacity when the suit and inside compartment are full - I was able to put my cell phone in there through security but was snug to zipper

5) Final thoughts - I like it and it's a keeper. The build and quality are high, and appears it will hold up well over time. I think it's worth the price and considered trading in for the F35 leather version, (which may be even lighter (?)) but even that minor 1/2" of length would concern me per above. Plus I like the black on black zipper treatment for the C35 better. Now that it's passed the max capacity for my needs, I have no worries that my shorter trips will provide a practical and stylish way to carry my duds to where I need to go.

thanks for reading and travel well
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdn7

My main question is: I travel with dress shoes and running shoes, for the brief moments when I can exercise while traveling. The C38 is undoubtably a "sexier" bag, but I'm worried about getting both dress and (more packable) running shoes in this bag, along
to be honest, the two pairs of shoes would work, but leave little room for many other things that you may want to carry with you along the running shoes (such as running shirt, running trousers, ...) remember it is a carry-on...

How "packable" are your running shoes? mine would take up a lot of space for sure.

What I may suggest is to carry the VOCIER + one personal item (such as a normal duffle bag?) to get the extra room you may want. We have several customers who do that (and, as a result, are working on a add-on bag for the C38)
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amlai
The feature was removed in my F38. I liked the option, but I never actually used it on my C38. I'm not sure if it's available in the current C38 or not. By removing it, it probably gives a little more room in the inner compartment by having fewer layers of material.
Thanks amlai for helping with the questions and sorry all for the long silent period, these are some very busy days for us getting production up faster...

Yes we removed the laptop sleeve, for exactly these reasons:
-more space inside the bag
-actually, if you gonna carry a laptop, you will also carry mouse, charger, pens, mobile phone... hey, why not just use a briefcase for that?
-carrying the laptop inside the luggage is fine, but how on earth will you carry the laptop once you have arrived at your work destination? always use the c38 to carry the laptop to meetings does not really make sense (although it looks good), neither does it work well to carry the laptop unprotected in your hand

so, long story short: a briefcase is the solution to go really, and we have one that perfectly matches our luggage and lookes especially nice (F25, to go alongside the F38)
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:31 pm

I did find a use case for the laptop sleeve: conferences, where I need my laptop but don't have to carry it around once I've arrived. But it wouldn't be hard to manage without it, as the briefcase is very nice.

I've been using this luggage for many months now, and I'm extremely happy with it. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who has to travel with a suit. I've tried many other pieces of luggage and none of them comes close. Well worth the price.

One pair of shoes fits easily inside. I would not try to carry a pair of running shoes as well. I'd suggest yoga instead.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: some
Had my F38 for a couple of months now and am loving it. It's a really beautiful bag.

I have to say that the customer service of the company has been great - friendly, speedy communication. So much so that I sent them a note to thank them, something I do not often do.

My only minor grip is that the handle (which appears to use some sort of magnetic clasp) comes undone *really* easily. Not a major but definitely worth improving.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMN57
Let us know when you have someone in NYC who is selling/showing it. It is one of those things that you have to see.
we now have a few retailers in the US: please see https://www.vocier.com/service/store-locator/

NYC not yet unfortunately, but we will be in a few weeks at Saks Fifth Avenue^
Old May 8, 2016, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar
Had my F38 for a couple of months now and am loving it. It's a really beautiful bag.

I have to say that the customer service of the company has been great - friendly, speedy communication. So much so that I sent them a note to thank them, something I do not often do.

My only minor grip is that the handle (which appears to use some sort of magnetic clasp) comes undone *really* easily. Not a major but definitely worth improving.
Fliar, have you had any other interactions with Vocier and has it continued to good? I did as much research as I could on the product and as part of my diligence, came upon this thread on FlyerTalk and have been following it ever since. I decided to order the Black Collection Bundle on March 24th and received a 10% discount because all the items weren't currently in stock. I asked if I could have whatever items were in stock sent to me right away and to let the out of stock item(s) follow. I'm still waiting...

The CEO said they would ship the in stock items immediately on the same day as my request (March 24th). On April 4th I ask for a status since I hadn't received anything and the CEO said their C38 would be back in stock at the end of the week but that all the other items would be shipped that day. Still waiting...

I followed up again on the 9th since I hadn't received any confirmation of shipping. The CEO replied on the 13th and then reminds me that I had a 10% discount. On two separate occasions he agreed to send me the products but on my 3rd reminder he apparently thought it was appropriate to set my expectations by reminding my that I had a 10% discount on my order. To add insult to injury, he then asks if I could wait an additional 2 weeks past the original expected shipping date "considering that you ordered for a 10% pre-order discount" which would put me at the beginning of May. Still waiting...

Is this a real company? I'm really concerned at this point. I even tried to order from the store in Chicago that their website lists as one of their distributors / partners before ordering from Vocier online. I found J. Toor here on their site: https://www.vocier.com/service/store-locator/ and when I spoke to someone at J. Toor they didn't know the luggage line or that they were a distribution partner. I ignored that red flag and chalked it up to a new start up company that is still working out kinks in their distribution and early in the process internationally. I extended that to the out of stock items and the initial difficulty in shipping but at this point - there are too many issues for me to keep ignoring. The CEO, or someone holding themselves out to be the CEO has not made good on their word. I still don't have any of their product.

For the folks that did receive their items, are they still holding up? Has anyone needed repair and if so, how was that experience? Has anyone had any recent contact with anyone at Vocier? I'm starting to feel like this is similar to some of the Kickstarter / Indiegogo fails, where there's lots of hype and then the people behind it disappear.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:58 am
Original Poster

rkuli, I am really very sorry for this. You should not have to wait so long and there clearly went something wrong in the communication and updating on our behalf. You have been in contact with Vinzent, co-founder and co-CEO, but sometimes even CEOs make mistakes...

The problem is we are more or less sold out ever since the Wall Street Journal article, we get in new products, they are shipped out to customers immediately, then we wait again - this although we have tripled our production output!!

it is the same with some retailers in our store locator - they have ordered but not yet received their luggage, which also results in the sales personal perhaps not yet knowing our brand or product...

you can be 1000000% certain you will get your products and someone from our office will get back to you immediately by email and update you on the status. if the waiting time is too long for you, you can of course also decide to cancel your order and we will refund you in full

sorry again, we will certainly make it up to you, and I believe an additional discount is the least we can do.
Old May 11, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: some
My F38 developed a problem with the handle (it came off from the metal sliding pins). I sent a picture to the company, expecting they would tell me to get it fixed locally and reimburse me for that (I think it could be glued back on). Instead, I got a reply within the same day saying they would send me a new bag, and no need to return the old one. Pretty amazing.

edited to add: Welcome to FT, rkuli!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:07 am

Delivery issue

Hi all,
Just ordered my Vocier package last Monday (May 30th) and no news since.
Was supposed to be delivered within 3-8 working days and still don't received any notification of shipment...
Very worried now. Any of you experienced the same issue ?
Regards
Alain
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by adeza
Hi all,
Just ordered my Vocier package last Monday (May 30th) and no news since.
Was supposed to be delivered within 3-8 working days and still don't received any notification of shipment...
Very worried now. Any of you experienced the same issue ?
Regards
Alain
Um, today is the 8th working day.

You seem to have a low bar for "very worried".

Do you panic on the 9th day?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Dear Alain, please don't worry. If you have ordered and payment was successful, you will receive your product, I (Michael) personally guarantee it

please direct your questions to us at [email protected] so we can help you sort it out with your order number and full name so we can track what is going on.

I know it is frustrating to wait. Sorry for that. BUT it's worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.