Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by kp333
The fact that Vocier does not meet UA standards is the only reason I did not order one. It looks like an excellent design.

UA and the other U.S. carriers do not really enforce their bag size policies much, but I am still hesitant to invest in a bag that does not comply. There is some possibility that they may step up enforcement.
I fly UA/United almost exclusively here in the US. I've gotten asked at least 6 times in the last 6 months to put my bag in the sizer. I have a TravelPro Rollaboard 22x14x9, and as long as I don't overstuff it, it fits perfectly.

Vocier, I did say this previously in this thread. If you make a model that is 22x14x9 inches on the EXTERIOR dimensions, you will get more US/North American buyers that fly domestically like myself. It's as simple as that.

If I traveled internationally, I would buy your product, as I know I would need both US and international bag sizes.

Last edited by MtlTourist; Jun 17, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Congratulations! Good to see innovative start-ups in the "real" world.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MtlTourist
I fly UA/United almost exclusively here in the US. I've gotten asked at least 6 times in the last 6 months to put my bag in the sizer. I have a TravelPro Rollaboard 22x14x9, and as long as I don't overstuff it, it fits perfectly.

Vocier, I did say this previously in this thread. If you make a model that is 22x14x9 inches on the EXTERIOR dimensions, you will get more US/North American buyers that fly domestically like myself. It's as simple as that.

If I traveled internationally, I would buy your product, as I know I would need both US and international bag sizes.
thanks for the suggestion^ I think it is certainly something we will look into. At the moment our main struggle is to keep production up with demand, but I am sure we will be able to deliver something along those lines some day in the future
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Hi,

I suspect I'm looking for something similar to your C35 bag: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rrier-rjs.html

Interested in your feedback as to how your bag would fit and I love the non-crease idea you have. It looks like it should actually work...

John
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmappleby
Hi,

I suspect I'm looking for something similar to your C35 bag: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rrier-rjs.html

Interested in your feedback as to how your bag would fit and I love the non-crease idea you have. It looks like it should actually work...

John
it DOES actually work.

here is a customer feedback (posted anonymously here) we received on Facebook:

I took my C35 for its first trip yesterday and I need to gush for a minute. There are no words to describe how well this bag is put together. I got stopped by 3 people in the airport (before I took off) appreciating the aesthetic. When I arrived at the hotel the suit came out PERFECT, no wrinkles, no shower steambath needed. Every stitch, every zipper, every inch of fabric continually reminds you that the designers made zero compromises and took no prisoners.

This is quite simply the perfect overnight bag.

aesthetics are of course always a matter of taste... and in case you do not like the current all-black design: we will launch a full leather version with metal zippers in autumn; it will be available in black leather+silver zippers or dark brown leather+silver zippers.

That being said, it won't be cheap, but you'll get something that lasts and works. the black collection C35 is a great compromise between function and aesthetics, the full leather line will be very stylish and classy.

of course its carry-on.

enough of the ads
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:11 am
Original Poster

happy to announce to you guys that we have now launched a full leather edition of our bags. it is made from wonderful, very expensive Italian vegetable tanned leather and full Italian metal zippers such as you find on luxury brands' bags like louis vuitton and so on^
http://www.vocier.com
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Global Entry; United Premier Platinum [until 2017]; formerly US Airways Chairman's Preferred
Vocier Team - I am truly interested and intrigued with the company's design and integration of easily stored dress clothes. When I travel, I am [almost] always in a suit! I am in the plane with only my carry on, a garment bag that stores my suits, and my brief for laptop, documents, and so on. As you can imagine, a garment bag loses shape very quickly, and though I am able to get it on board so far without any trouble [knock on wood], that can change very quickly.

You may see yourself via Instagram: @professorkato

I was also invited to write as a guest blogger for http://www.shopcoutourist.com

In short, I would love to include your luggage for visibility via my account and when I post, especially for an upcoming trip to Europe, starting October 22nd. Feel free to send me a PM if interested to collaborate.

Cheers,
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ck777
Very interesting and nice looking [...] Even a video of someone packing it would be really helpful.
there is one now, finally!

it shows packing of the F38, (and the C38 has exactly the same internal system, just different materials).

by the way: only until october 31st do we have a 20% preorder-discount on the whole leather collection
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Hello Vocier,

Looks like an interesting and elegant design. A couple quick questions:

1) The only differences between the C and F model are the construction components? (great play on cabin class btw)

2) What is the weight of the C model?

3) Due to the magnetic hangar system and the magnetic handles, are there any concerns about damaging electronics / computer memory when they're placed inside the bag?

Regards,
DirtyDan
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
Hello Vocier,

Looks like an interesting and elegant design. A couple quick questions:

1) The only differences between the C and F model are the construction components? (great play on cabin class btw)

2) What is the weight of the C model?

3) Due to the magnetic hangar system and the magnetic handles, are there any concerns about damaging electronics / computer memory when they're placed inside the bag?

Regards,
DirtyDan
Hi, thanks for your questions!
1) yes, F is more luxurious with leather and metal zippers, but heavier. Both share exactly the same system.
2) around 4 Kg
3) no complaint from any customer so far, the magnet is not that strong to cause any problems, it is actually a clever combination of mechanical design and a (small) magnet.

kind regards,
VOCIER
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: United Silver
Originally Posted by MtlTourist

Do you think this is related to your particular home airport or are you seeing this at different airports?

I've never been asked to put my carry-on in the sizer traveling through SFO/SBA/LAX.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by thebob6
Do you think this is related to your particular home airport or are you seeing this at different airports?

I've never been asked to put my carry-on in the sizer traveling through SFO/SBA/LAX.
I've seen this at other airports, including BOS, SEA, DTW, and CLE. And not just United. I've seen Delta ask as well.

The point is that almost all US domestic carriers require standard 22x14x9 inch carry ons as a maximum size right now. And that includes Delta, American, and United.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:20 am
Original Poster

MtlTourist, as far as we understand most airlines have a carry-on policy that allows for certain sizes OR a total of 115cm length+height+ depth. ("linear dimensions") See for example AA: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...on-baggage.jsp

Our luggage does meet those requirements! We sell around 40% of our C38 to the USA and so far did not have one single customer with problems to use it as a carry-on^^
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UAL, Marriott, Skymiles, AAdvantage, trueBlue, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt,Leaders Club, Alaska
Very intriguing suitcase. My biggest concern is that the company is based in Austria...so there is no way to see the product up close...and some people may feel uncomfortable buying from another country.

I would suggest offering flyertalk members a discount so we could some of us to use the product and supply first hand feedback on flyertalk. Thoughts?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by VOCIER
MtlTourist, as far as we understand most airlines have a carry-on policy that allows for certain sizes OR a total of 115cm length+height+ depth. ("linear dimensions") See for example AA: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...on-baggage.jsp

Our luggage does meet those requirements! We sell around 40% of our C38 to the USA and so far did not have one single customer with problems to use it as a carry-on^^

I understand about the linear dimensions, and theoretically you are correct. I fly United almost exclusively myself. They say 45 linear inches but prefer 22x14x9 inches. I get concerned about the one gate agent who will go by the 22x14x9 regimen, and I don't feel like arguing with them and hold up the line. When you fly as frequently as I do, you want a carry on that is a no brainer and will not make you nervous about ever checking it, especially such a nice and expensive item as yours. I believe that my original suggestion of 22x14x9 inches will get you more North American buyers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.