Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: No Longer Anything
Originally Posted by dsquared37
It's definitely worth an attempt as interlining will save you 30-45 minutes which are much better spent drinking champagne. If it doesn't work you'll still be fine.

So that I understand interlining, the TG flight BKK-CDG will connect to a LH flight CDG-FRA, which will then connect to UA FRA-IAD. It is all one itinerary. Therefore, if they (PG) have an interline with TG, that will cover all the flights to IAD? And if so, do they do priority tagging? thx.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm flying in (paid) business class SIN-BKK-MAA in a few weeks. I notice the SIN-BKK and return are on the A346 but sold only as two class. Is there any chance of getting First Class seating on those flights, or is the FC cabin just sealed off? It doesn't matter, but I'd be keen to try out the TG first class seats!

Also, if anyone can offer an insight into the meal service on the BKK-MAA and MAA-BKK legs on the lovely AB6 in business that would be interesting!

thanks in advance
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by cricketer
I'm flying in (paid) business class SIN-BKK-MAA in a few weeks. I notice the SIN-BKK and return are on the A346 but sold only as two class. Is there any chance of getting First Class seating on those flights, or is the FC cabin just sealed off? It doesn't matter, but I'd be keen to try out the TG first class seats!

Also, if anyone can offer an insight into the meal service on the BKK-MAA and MAA-BKK legs on the lovely AB6 in business that would be interesting!

thanks in advance
I can't speak for the SIN-BKK sector, but on TG domestic flights to CNX and HKT the First Class seats are available on a First Come First Served basis at check-in to any Business Class pax.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Could use some advice. I am going to fly EU to BKK in F and not sure to take the night flight from FRA or try the CDG with suites. I doubt I would sleep on the CDG route and it gets in rather early. However I have never tried a suite before and it might be worth. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:35 pm

Converting Thai to Singapore

Hi

I'm trying to consolidate my ff accounts and move some old Thai miles to my Singapore account. Can I do this? The Thai FF site seems to be pretty limited.

Thanks
Al
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by COFan
Could use some advice. I am going to fly EU to BKK in F and not sure to take the night flight from FRA or try the CDG with suites. I doubt I would sleep on the CDG route and it gets in rather early. However I have never tried a suite before and it might be worth. Any thoughts?
CDG in suite.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Als012
Hi

I'm trying to consolidate my ff accounts and move some old Thai miles to my Singapore account. Can I do this? The Thai FF site seems to be pretty limited.

Thanks
Al
Nope
Old Jan 28, 2011, 3:44 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by COFan
Not even worth considering... take the 777-300ER ex CDG and you'll love the suite!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: ROP*G,SQ*S,DJ*S
Redeeming ROP miles for return flight from Sydney

Hi,

I've been happily earning miles on Thai through their ROP program for just over a year now. Today I went onto the Thai website to redeem miles for a flight, but came across this "rule" on the Air Award Redemption page which says that international award flights are to be Departing from Bangkok or Euro zone destinations only. I find it hard to believe that I can't redeem my miles for a return flight from Sydney to BKK... Can anyone tell me what they know about this? Or is it simply that to book online I can only originate from BKK or Euro zone cities but if I phone Thai I could originate from SYD?

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 6:54 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
TG website is one of the worst in the industry, therefore, there are many limitations including not allowing booking award tickets when originating city is not Bangkok or Eruope.

Please call TG ROP office for departing out of Australia, and you will be able to hold it for one month. Even if the website allows you to book it, you would be required to issue the tickets immediately. I do like the flexibility of one month window especially when my preferred dates are full and require waitlisting (and so far 100% of the time, waitlist will be clear before the one month window is up).
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by kh01
Hi,

... Can anyone tell me what they know about this? Or is it simply that to book online I can only originate from BKK or Euro zone cities but if I phone Thai I could originate from SYD?

Thanks.
Don't know what you did that kh01, but the quick answer is YES you can do it. Maybe it is best for this first time to call into SYD office and they will run you through the procedure. Your mileage to BKK will be sufficent to include a trip to Chiang mai or elsewhere, so even if you dont need it now, it is smart to include that sector and put a date 6 months out on it. You can always change dates and even if you don't use it, what did you lose?

Last edited by BKKROP; Jan 30, 2011 at 7:20 pm
Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
BKK transit question - 18 hour layover

I'm flying MUC-BKK in F, connecting to BKK-SYD in F. For a number of reasons, we've booked an 18 hour layover.

I remember reading somewhere that TG MIGHT provide a hotel room - has anyone ever experienced this?

If not, any suggestions on which would be the best airport hotel to stay at?

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by CarNut
For a number of reasons, we've booked an 18 hour layover..
There is an airport hotel but SPG have a series of great hotels in Bangkok, and for the price of an inexpensive taxi into town, which on a good day, takes no time at all on the freeway, you can relax in luxury and earn/burn points. If young go for the SiLom or Sukhumvit hotels or if older the Sheraton on the river is a relaxing, enjoyable and cheaper alternative. The layover is a good idea, even in F this a long flight and the break refreshes you, enjoy the flight
Old Feb 1, 2011, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BKKROP
There is an airport hotel but SPG have a series of great hotels in Bangkok, and for the price of an inexpensive taxi into town, which on a good day, takes no time at all on the freeway, you can relax in luxury and earn/burn points. If young go for the SiLom or Sukhumvit hotels or if older the Sheraton on the river is a relaxing, enjoyable and cheaper alternative. The layover is a good idea, even in F this a long flight and the break refreshes you, enjoy the flight

I noticed you didn't give any taxi fare advice this time.

A break in the flight will be good and enjoy the time out of the airport, have some food, walk around, get some sleep (not necessarily in that order) and then enjoy the ground service back at BKK.

There was a thread recently (which i cannot find) where TG booked pax in what was considered a middling (at best) hotel. You can certainly inquire of TG if they'll do this. You'll likely be better off just taking care of it on your own.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 6:13 pm

[QUOTE=dsquared37;15782472]I noticed you didn't give any taxi fare advice this time. QUOTE]

I thought of you last week, if only dsquared could see me now flashed through my mind.

It was only across the border in Shenzhen, exiting the customs/immigration I was heading directly to the Hyatt sign I could see, when two uniformed smartly dressed gents said "Hyatt sir, we will take your bags". My excuse is I was tired, I had trouble with the visa and glad to be out, dropped my guard, and followed them into the garage 2 floors down. By the time the penny dropped, I decide to haggle and bargain my way out of it rather than extricate the bags and familly from the van, even so it cost me, both in pride and hard cash. Needless to say, my family and companions have had a field day out on it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.