ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:44 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
On my I phone as of late I am trying to view posts on various airline boards and The Choice Hotel add keeps popping up covering the boards. Anyone else having the same issue.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
A video advertisement that links to the site below keeps completely bogging down my FT experience:
http://www.ok.de/

The ad repeats incessantly and I can't imagine why a german language web site wants to target me in Canada.

I'm using Windows 7 on an almost new Thinkpad with Google Chrome.
Old May 4, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: Nando's Black, British Airways Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by The Lev
A video advertisement that links to the site below keeps completely bogging down my FT experience:
I'm having the same problem, using Internet Explorer 11. The OK.de video advertisement runs in multiple frames down the right-hand border of the site, which prevents you from opening multiple tabs/pages and often causes IE to crash entirely.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Lev

The ad repeats incessantly and I can't imagine why a german language web site wants to target me in Canada.

I'm using Windows 7 on an almost new Thinkpad with Google Chrome.
Exactly the same here - makes FT unusable - been waiting literally 5 minutes for a page to load so I can take a screenprint and see which company it was - finally manage and see others have said the same OK.de
Windows 7 on desktop - Chrome browser but same on IE - uses nearly all PC resources

Last edited by holmedown; May 4, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Old May 4, 2016, 12:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
and you can see it took me 12 minutes to edit - which involved adding the screenprint and saving edit .. during which time it crashed twice.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I am also having issues with the same ad basically freezing my computer. Windows 10 / Fire Fox 45.0.2
Old May 4, 2016, 12:54 pm

Looking into it -- thanks all!
Old May 4, 2016, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any time I open FT, it completely freezes my entire Firefox. I have to open it in IE, but it is much slower to use.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I'm not sure which video ad it is but there are currently MAJOR issues with lag due to it - takes ages to scroll, massive CPU usage (and consequent battery hit) with >1.5GB of memory being allocated to Shockwave Flash when I checked in Chrome Task Manager. Killing the process immediately fixes things but it makes the website pretty much unusable on a desktop machine at present! There were also previous issues with sound from video ads playing without being requested, which was extremely annoying.

Any chance to just getting rid of video ads altogether please?!
Old May 10, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
I'm not sure which video ad it is but there are currently MAJOR issues with lag due to it - takes ages to scroll, massive CPU usage (and consequent battery hit) with >1.5GB of memory being allocated to Shockwave Flash when I checked in Chrome Task Manager. Killing the process immediately fixes things but it makes the website pretty much unusable on a desktop machine at present! There were also previous issues with sound from video ads playing without being requested, which was extremely annoying.

Any chance to just getting rid of video ads altogether please?!
No, but if you can take a screen shot of your page when it happens again I will look into getting the bad one blocked
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I keep getting redirected to this site from my I-phone on Safari: secure.kingmobiobiz.com.

Very annoying.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Hello devs, been a while. Happening to me too again, i'll try to figure out which ad it is but it is redirecting to skybet (uk based iphone accessing through mobile network).
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:00 am

After few months of outward calm, since couple of days it's impossible to read FT again.

iOS 10.2.1
iPhone 6s
from Italy

seems target for redirect goes through
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Back again for me as well. Twice in 5 minutes.

As usual Samsung S7 Edge using chrome
Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Im getting redirections to a sky.com app
Sometimes repeatidly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.