Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GUWonder
That's not the description I would give to Chanakyapuri -- after all it is in the diplomatic quarter and some might have business to do in the vicinity.

It's also not in the middle of nowhere as far as the Indian government "spies" are concerned.
its the description i was giving to puchalskir since he/she wants to do some sightseeing or take a tour of delhi....won't really have much to do in chanakyapuri....although i can't argue with you about the 'spies'....
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks for all the replies. I'll throw the Sheraton out.
I'm going to book the Le Meridien, unless the Maurya becomes much cheaper.

I'm not leaving until April, not sure if that makes a difference.

Rich
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by puchalskir

Rich
it will make a difference....december - february is peak season....april should be much cheaper....
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by puchalskir

Rich
That's what I would do. Good value at LM, even if it isn't the most luxurious property in town. As a Plat you'll get a nice complimentary breakfast upstairs in the lounge too.

Cheers,
Old May 17, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: United million mile 1k, honors gold
hotels in delhi

what is the best starwood hotel in new delhi, looking for something central similiar to oberoi. need for advise. thanks in advance for the help. considering the le meridien vs itc mauryan. thanks stan in la
Old May 17, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: United million mile 1k, honors gold
either le meridien or itc mauraya
Old May 18, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Le Merid is quite acceptable, close to Parliament, Railways HQ and India Gate. The restaurant Monsoon is excellent, Peshawari lamb barrah is their signature dish and worth trying. Rooms are modern and trendy and there is a roof top bar with a nice view (smog permitting).

Have fun....
Old May 18, 2011, 4:37 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
MY advice is to spend a s little time in Delhi as possible regardless of which hotel you choose. OTOH if your destination is Delhi ---- best wishes.
Old May 18, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: UA global, VS Gld , SPG plat
LM is a great location right in the centre and walking distance to Connaught Place etc. It is a bit pretentious though and there is nothing to make you feel you are in India or Manhattan. Swanky but bland.

Maurya is great hotel with excellent restaurants and other facilities. Service is also excellent and you do feel you are somewhere a bit special.
The down side is it is not walking distance anywhere as it is in a residential/diplomatic area.

Tippng: LM are discrete and unobtrusive yet helpful. big plus.
Maurya - almost all the staff seem to have their hand open waiting for something. big minus.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:04 pm

Taxes on free rooms

Hi! If you are using points, do you have to pay unique taxes in Delhi, similar to the issue with the upgrades? Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChicagoKat
Hi! If you are using points, do you have to pay unique taxes in Delhi, similar to the issue with the upgrades? Thanks!
no taxes on points....
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:30 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Originally Posted by Keyser
no taxes on points....
What about C&P? I seem to recall the Chola Sheraton collecting rack-rate taxes on C&P.

Cheers
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jakpot
What about C&P? I seem to recall the Chola Sheraton collecting rack-rate taxes on C&P.

Cheers
did they upgrade you????if yes then you have to pay the tax....
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by phlashba
MY advice is to spend a s little time in Delhi as possible regardless of which hotel you choose. OTOH if your destination is Delhi ---- best wishes.
OK, I gotta ask: why do you say this about Delhi?

We're planning a trip this fall. We have a flight award that arrives into DEL on Oct 3 (early AM) and leaves on Oct 13 (early AM). Our plan on Oct 3 is to stay in the airport and fly directly onward to KTM using whichever of the low-fare carriers has a morning flight.

Our current thought is 4 days or so in Nepal and 6 or so in India, staying in Delhi and doing daytrips from there. (Including Agra.) Makes us a prime candidate for a Starwood 5-night award, perhaps moving to an airport hotel for the 6th night. Although we could change that mix of days around a bit...

My question here is whether the LM at least upgrades Platinums to King beds. It looks like award only guarantees a Queen bed. I don't care about suites on this one - since I'm not a 50-night Platinum I'm assuming I will have no chance at a suite anyway - but getting a decent bed is certainly important.

Location wise, I think I'm hearing that the LM is best. I don't care about being in the "diplomatic enclave" - I assume that's just the part of town where most of the embassies are.

The more general observation I think I've made is that SPG is really the only game in town. No Marriott or Hilton. Limited Priority Club. I obviously don't hold status in any Indian chain, nor am I aware of one that will recognize any of my existing statuses...
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:07 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by pinniped
The more general observation I think I've made is that SPG is really the only game in town. No Marriott or Hilton.
Look again. IIRC, there are now two full service Hiltons and one HGI in Delhi. One of the Hiltons (Eros) used to the Intercon Nehru Place till last year. The club facilites there are quite decent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.