Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Print Wikipost

Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Plats should get free Internet throughout Starwood without sacrificing either points or breakfast.
I agree. I think I found my answer about the breakfast: I found this post in the how are props handling the new plat breakfast amenity thread:

"Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville - Full buffet breakfast in the restaurant or points"

Oddly this post was from Feb '13 and in March '13 remymartin was offered: "breakfast, internet or points" at check-in (which is what threw me off).

Anyway, I am now assuming that I will be offered the full breakfast and not just continental and of course I will automatically get the free internet.

Last edited by postular; Dec 14, 2014 at 12:57 pm Reason: quote
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It is the full breakfast, and quite a decent one, I might add.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:44 pm

Excited about my trip to this resort in March!

Any experience in any of the restaurants in the hotel? Or outside restaurants one would recommend to someone who has never been to Seville?
thanks in advance!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 4:46 am

If you look at the link for restaurants recommended in AICML's post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20292455-post84.html you will have a blast. Excellent recommendations at moderate prices.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:55 am

Thanks Remy - looks like I'll need to spend at least two months in Seville to be able to try all the recommendations in the blog!! Looking forward to making my picks
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:29 am

Looks like the blog content has changed I'll post a few names for you - food in Seville was absolutely fantastic!

Albarama Restaurante Tapas
Excellent tapas choices and decently priced champagne. Try the lasagna tapas!

Vineria San Telmo

After dinner, remember to have a few gin&tonics at the White bar opposite to the hotel Their list of gins is impressive, but the list of tonics even more so!

Last edited by remymartin; Feb 15, 2015 at 3:10 am
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Is this hotel so amazing that it's worth making it a 4-5 night base for Seville, Cordoba and Granada?

I'll be coming from Faro on Day 1, will definitely do at least 2 nights at the Alfonso. Question is whether I should stay and take trains/buses for the day to tour Granada and Cordoba or just move on after seeing Seville.

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by dcstudent
Is this hotel so amazing that it's worth making it a 4-5 night base for Seville, Cordoba and Granada?
Cordoba is close enough for an easy day trip, Granada is too far. If you are making the trip to Granada it's a good place to spend a night or two.

In case you are taking a train back to Madrid, you can easily make a stop in Cordoba since the AVE trains pass through there.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just booked for 3 nights in July. A word of advice for anyone else booking this property, I managed to use the MasterCard 3for2 rate, saving about €300. I booked a grand deluxe king.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Based on previous posts, it looks like most would say its worth burning 40k points on 2 nights at this hotel?

I am an SPG Gold member going December 18-20 so not expecting a big room upgrade. Still worth it?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
No disrespect , but "burning" is such an unfortunate choice of words.

YES this property is well worth the points and I would spend them in a heartbeat. We have been many places around the world since our stay there and it still ranks as one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed.

Unfortunately we listened to friends when planning our trip and took their advice that two nights in Seville was ample time. We easily could have stayed three - though we were there when the pool was open and would have used the extra day as a "down" day to relax and just enjoy being there.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:25 am

This lovely hotel (by far the best in town) can be had for under 200€ a night. I would save the 40k points for something with better value per point.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rkj2106
Based on previous posts, it looks like most would say its worth burning 40k points on 2 nights at this hotel?

I am an SPG Gold member going December 18-20 so not expecting a big room upgrade. Still worth it?
One must ask what experience they are seeking when visiting a new place. It is true that there are other hotels in Sevilla that are probably cheaper, and you can save the points for somewhere else. I try to experience the best hotels when I have the opportunity (Danieli in Venice, Grand Hotel in Florence and etc.). I believe this Starwood property is one of the best. If you are looking to experience a wonderful hotel, I would use the points are stay there for the two nights. The town is fantastic and the atmosphere within the hotel is also terrific. If you happen to get upgraded to a suite, be prepared for an opulent room. Good luck!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by NoVA guy
One must ask what experience they are seeking when visiting a new place. It is true that there are other hotels in Sevilla that are probably cheaper, and you can save the points for somewhere else. I try to experience the best hotels when I have the opportunity (Danieli in Venice, Grand Hotel in Florence and etc.). I believe this Starwood property is one of the best. If you are looking to experience a wonderful hotel, I would use the points are stay there for the two nights. The town is fantastic and the atmosphere within the hotel is also terrific. If you happen to get upgraded to a suite, be prepared for an opulent room. Good luck!
Great! I am convinced given hoarding SPG points after the Marriott merger is a bad proposition. Looking forward to experiencing the Alfonso
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I stayed 3 nights in July using the MasterCard 3 for 2 rate, not sure if that is still available but I thought it was better value than using points. This also allowed me to book a grand deluxe rather than standard room, which got upgraded to a fabulous junior suite. I'm Gold.
However you pay for it I highly recommend this hotel, suggest you stay 3 nights though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.