Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Print Wikipost

Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
The front desk manager eventually got back to me and offered me 10,000 spg points for our issues at the hotel
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Thank you to all who have contributed to this useful thread ^

While this is clearly not a resort hotel, I wonder if there are any opportunities for sitting otuside and enjoying some sunshine, either in the hotel grounds or nearby? It sounds like the (indoor?) pool area was very busy at weekends.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ajamieson
While this is clearly not a resort hotel, I wonder if there are any opportunities for sitting otuside and enjoying some sunshine, either in the hotel grounds or nearby? It sounds like the (indoor?) pool area was very busy at weekends.
The pool area is outdoors and is very nice with some lush vegetation and definately a nice place to relax. It was crowded the Sunday of the weekend we were there but i do not know if that was normal or an anomaly
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Thank you to all who have contributed to this useful thread ^

As Robbo1 says, the outside pool area is very nice. Quite a few green spaces near by to relax in or around as well.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Robbo1
The pool area is outdoors and is very nice with some lush vegetation and definately a nice place to relax. It was crowded the Sunday of the weekend we were there but i do not know if that was normal or an anomaly
The outdoor pool is, given Seville winters, seasonally closed. Guests at Christmas will have to be satisfied with one of the city's many public venues.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jul 13, 2010 at 10:24 am
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Renovations

Recently, there was a notice on the hotel's webpage about extensive renovations beginning in Spring 2010. That message no longer shows up. Anyone know if they were postponed/cancelled?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Any recent stays? I just booked a couple of rooms for a night in September. I was hesitant to spend the points but based on its central location I figured it was a good spot for a one and a half day visit to the city.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 1:07 pm

Stayed there 3 times. Fantastic Hotel, Excellent location. every time I get a Huge suite. even when i book 3 rooms all 3 rooms are upgraded to Suites. super service. food is so-so. i like to use the stairs instead of the elevators to get to the room or lobby.

very nice city. enjoy your trip.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ghia74
Any recent stays? I just booked a couple of rooms for a night in September. I was hesitant to spend the points but based on its central location I figured it was a good spot for a one and a half day visit to the city.
I agree with KSA_USA that the location is fantastic. I also spent a short (3-day) visit there and we were easily able to walk to many great attractions and restaurants.

I wasn't Platinum when we stayed but my traveling companions were and they got upgraded to the largest suite in the hotel - incredible view, incredible butler service, the whole nine yards.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:12 am
Suspended

Stayed here for 2 nights last week. As said above, the location is excellent and the facility is visually stunning. Even if you don't stay here, if you're in Seville, it's well worth the time to visit the location just to walk around. It truly is a beautiful hotel.

That said, I was disappointed with some aspects. The room was worn looking and needed some attention from the maintenance dept, the towels and linens should have been replaced a long time ago (frayed edges, worn thin in a few spots), and the pool was basically abandoned by staff. We were there over the weekend and the pool saw heavy use which left small mounds of used towels and empty drink wear everywhere.

Granted, these are minor things and we loved the facility for a number of reasons and would visit it again, yet for a hotel touted as "luxury", I was expecting much better attention to detail.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Just got back from a trip to Spain, and spent 2 nights here. Had a great stay - didn't get an upgrade, but they did give me a welcome letter that entitled me to free wifi in the lobby and two free drinks in the bar. On the night of my birthday, they had a chocolate cake and champagne waiting for me in my room.

The location is fantastic - walking distance to practically everything and the tram has a stop right in front of the hotel. Room was excellent - enough space, though I wouldn't call it spacious. The bed and television could use an upgrade. Great little balcony that looked out on the inner courtyard.

As mentioned above, it's great to be able to pop out and see the sites, and come back for a late afternoon siesta in air-conditioned splendor. Loved the old fashioned elevators, too.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:52 am
Suspended

While watching the TdF last night, this ad came on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5lqtQNeG8A
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:03 am
Community Director Emerita

If that leaves you hungry for more,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWD17lnt7DQ
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I had a great 1 day stay here. As Gold they upgraded both of my rooms (booked points for me and C&P for my sister and sister in law). I requested late check out and they gave me until 2 PM as they had a large group coming that had them at over 90% occupancy. Front desk staff always remembered my name which was nice. My 4 year old got a kick out of the elevator.

My one adventure occured when I had to return my rental car. After dropped my bags off I did not realize I had to pull out of the same entrance I drove in. I went to the other end and had a nice drive down the pedestrian rode. Finally made a right at the cathedral and found a non pedestrian street to turn down. Got more than a few stares to say the least.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Platinum
Stayed for two nights recently; great hotel and great location. We were upgraded to the Royal Suite which was huge..good breakfast, Plats do not get free breakfast but they were running a promotion with breakfast at half price which turned out to be good value. Pool was very busy at the weekend we were there and this is my only complaint; pool service was non existent and towels were not cleared away. Apart from that a great stay. And of course Seville is a beautiful city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.