Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
But I don't think the courtside seats are that close. One of them appeared to be 50E, which was mid-way up. Didn't appear to be *that* close.
Ah, ok. In the NBA at least, courtside is actually feet next to the court. Or first row for tennis I always assumed.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
But I don't think the courtside seats are that close. One of them appeared to be 50E, which was mid-way up. Didn't appear to be *that* close.
To me 50C looks a couple rows behind where the benches are behind the ump.

doesn't seem like these tickets are flying off the shelf, is there any chance they may drop the value? (I know it's early.)

If there's a single out there that can figure out a way of splitting a pair of tickets, let me know.

Last edited by mech11; Jul 17, 2015 at 7:44 am
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by mech11
To me 50C looks a couple rows behind where the benches are behind the ump.

doesn't seem like these tickets are flying off the shelf, is there any chance they may drop the value? (I know it's early.)

If there's a single out there that can figure out a way of splitting a pair of tickets, let me know.
I love the US Open (been there a couple of years ago as a tennis fan, not through SPG Moments). It was fun and I had a good experience there.

That said, given how valuable Starpoints are, the points redemption is kind of high (at least higher than previous years if I remembered it right) and not necessarily the best redemption value. Some of them (like the tennis clinic) are indeed unique "moments" options for those who wants to pursue them...
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:06 pm

I've gone to the SPG Suite for the past 4 years and going again this year.

Yes the suite is shared. I believe (depending on who shows up) there would be about around 12-14 other people there + 2 or 3 from SPG / IMG (contract workers for food/bev).

The suite (110) is right at dead center court and the views are great. I have not used the SPG courtside seats yet. Arthur Ashe marks the entire lower seats section as "courtside". But SPG's seats are in row C, which is still really amazing seats.

For the same price in points I chose the suite because of (a) unlimited food/booze, (b) ability to move around, get up stretch legs, etc., and (c) coverage for sun.

If it rains matches are stopped so that doesn't really matter.

Back in 2011, the first year they offered, the suite tickets (for flat rate redemption) were 35k points. 2012 and 2013 were also 35k. Last year (2014) they jumped to 45k. Now this year up to 50k.

As far as dropping in value, I've never seen them drop the prices when it looked like there was still options available. But you never know.

View of court from the suite:

View of court from courtside seats (not the SPG ones, those are on other side, but view is similar). These were from row B:

Any other Qs, let me know.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:13 pm

iluvthsgam:: great information and great pictures. THX.^
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Some pretty amazing suites on the UNICEF packages ending tomorrow. Royal suite at the Westin Madrid, Extreme WOW suite at the W Doha in Qatar, Cosmopolitan suite at the St Regis Istanbul, Presidential suite At the St Regis Moscow, etc. Not cheap but still good deals for many properties and Starwood is giving an amount equal to the points value of the winning bid to a good cause.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:48 pm

Trade Cubs SPG Suite Dates

Hi, I have a reservation for the Aug 6 (Thurs) SPG Cubs Wrigley Suite and cannot attend this date anymore. I tried to find other dates but they are all sold out. If you are interested in trading games send me a PM.

Will also trade for club/box tickets if you want the suite for that date.

Last edited by FlyHigh23; Jul 30, 2015 at 2:23 pm
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:17 pm

Are there any specifics on the types of food/beverage for a concert at Staples?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP , 1M; Marriott Lifetime Gold,
I need a little bidding advice please

I entered a bid today on one of the tennis packages. It won't win as it was just incremental 500 on prior bid. I tried to then enter a maximum bid as I have more points than my bid but it "deducted" my bid amount so my max (remaining) is less than what I bid so that doesn't help. I also tried to bid again at a higher amount but it wouldn't let me as I have the highest bid.

I won't be able to join the final stages of the auction so what can I do ahead of time to improve my chances? I'm willing to go a good bit higher than where the bids are now. Do I have to hope that someone out bids me soon, so I get my bid points back, then enter a max bid? If I do that am I out the whole bid right away or will it just go up in increments if others enter bid numbers below my max?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
I saved my points hard for any concert to be in Malaysia, particularly the Bon Jovi concert but too bad Moments only featured the Macau concert...hmm.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mileshound
Are there any specifics on the types of food/beverage for a concert at Staples?
Curious about this as well.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
If anyone is interested in crosstown classic tickets at us cellular they put up a 4 pack for a short auction. Ends soon.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Ver Jaina
I saved my points hard for any concert to be in Malaysia, particularly the Bon Jovi concert but too bad Moments only featured the Macau concert...hmm.
Shanghai is on now, maybe K.L. will follow ?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by sunseeker
Shanghai is on now, maybe K.L. will follow ?
Shanghai have the SPG Luxury Suites which looks pretty nice I guess?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:50 am

Went to Taylor Swift at staples. A great time. Here are suite details. There were 3 types of meatballs, chicken, flatbread sandwiches, salad, chips, pretzels, nuts and some dips. Red and white wine, a Pinot, corona, bud light, Stella, Heineken, soda and water. The desert trolly also came by.

The suite is at the front of the concert stage. The SPG host was awesome. There are 12 guests and 12 seats plus about 6 bar type seats which are good to eat at. Definitely lots of room. Everyone had a great time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.