Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:10 pm
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by Merlin666
Hi Gary,

I am ususally renting with Hertz when in Europe but am considering switching to Sixt; however, would be reluctant to do so without status. I have Elite status with Air Canada Aeroplan which is not currently partnered with Sixt so am not able to sign up for a Platinum card, and I am wondering if there is another way to get status match for Aeroplan.

Thanks.
Hi Merlin66,

Please send me a screen shot logged in as Elite Status to [email protected] I can match status but there would be no bonus miles unless partnership exists. You'd get the discounts and upgrade though

Best regards
Gary
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:09 pm

Exclamation No Points Posting

Hi Gary -

I have come back to Sixt Platinum after a couple of years' absence, caused by a very poor customer service experience. Unfortunately, I am having problems this time too and wonder if you can assist.

1) No points at all posting to Hyatt GP, my preferred programme. Correct Hyatt GP membership and bonus codes definitely recorded in bookings.

2) Sixt's email customer service (in Germany) is beyond infuriating. I send a reasonable and coherent enquiry about the above (or virtually anything else) and receive an, albeit near immediate, totally unhelpful and impertinent reply. E.g. I advise my Hyatt GP number and they point blank tell me it's wrong. This was repeated three times until I actually sent a screenshot of my Hyatt statement, when they deigned to believe me. Ditto the recent Hyatt bonus points promo code.

I left Sixt over the same problem with Hilton points. Never did get them, despite my chasing it tenaciously because it had become a matter of principle, so I took my business elsewhere.

Is anyone else having these problems?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: no status
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Hi Merlin66,

Please send me a screen shot logged in as Elite Status to [email protected] I can match status but there would be no bonus miles unless partnership exists. You'd get the discounts and upgrade though

Best regards
Gary
Thanks, I have sent you an email.

I have another question that is not Sixt specific, but was not able to get an anwer to. I want t rent in Switzerland for late March into April, but with all rentals there is a "winter fee" included even though winter is over. What is the official cut-off date for a winter fee in Switzerland?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Merlin666
Thanks, I have sent you an email.

I have another question that is not Sixt specific, but was not able to get an anwer to. I want t rent in Switzerland for late March into April, but with all rentals there is a "winter fee" included even though winter is over. What is the official cut-off date for a winter fee in Switzerland?
Hi Merlin666
my Name is Sabine and I work in the Sixt UK Customer Service Team.
The Sixt winter season in Switzerland starts on the 15/11 and ends on the 15/04.

I hope this information is helpful.
Many Thanks
Sabine
PS: I also look into your query you e-mailed to Sixt.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:24 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Dakota
Hi Gary -

I have come back to Sixt Platinum after a couple of years' absence, caused by a very poor customer service experience. Unfortunately, I am having problems this time too and wonder if you can assist.

1) No points at all posting to Hyatt GP, my preferred programme. Correct Hyatt GP membership and bonus codes definitely recorded in bookings.

2) Sixt's email customer service (in Germany) is beyond infuriating. I send a reasonable and coherent enquiry about the above (or virtually anything else) and receive an, albeit near immediate, totally unhelpful and impertinent reply. E.g. I advise my Hyatt GP number and they point blank tell me it's wrong. This was repeated three times until I actually sent a screenshot of my Hyatt statement, when they deigned to believe me. Ditto the recent Hyatt bonus points promo code.

I left Sixt over the same problem with Hilton points. Never did get them, despite my chasing it tenaciously because it had become a matter of principle, so I took my business elsewhere.

Hi Dakota,
My name is Marie and I work for Sixt Rent a Car in the customer service department in the UK.
If possible could you e-mail me your Sixt platinum card number and I will happily look into this for you. My e-mail address is [email protected]
Thank you,
Marie
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Hi Merlin66,

Best regards
Gary

Hello Merlin666,
this matter has been taken care of and I dropped you an e-mail.

Best Regards
Sabine
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: no status
Hi Gary and Sabine,

thank you for the prompt responses here and through e-mail. Certainly creates a good impression for Sixt customer service.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:41 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Dakota

I also never get the points posting automatically (Hyatt), but I fill in the 'bonus check' section on the sixt website (under MySixt) and the points then post within 2-3 weeks. A pain, but not really too bad.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I also never get the points posting automatically (Hyatt), but I fill in the 'bonus check' section on the sixt website (under MySixt) and the points then post within 2-3 weeks. A pain, but not really too bad.
Hello Stewie,
please could you e-mail me your Sixt express card number and your Hyatt number to [email protected] and I will be happy to look into this for you.

Many Thanks & Best Regards
Sabine
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Choosing a car with the iPhone app

Can anyone explain how the online check-in works with the iPhone app where you can choose a car up to 4 hours before your rental period begins?

My main question is, if you have status will you be allowed to choose a car from a higher class than what you booked?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Eric
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ez311
Can anyone explain how the online check-in works with the iPhone app where you can choose a car up to 4 hours before your rental period begins?

My main question is, if you have status will you be allowed to choose a car from a higher class than what you booked?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Eric
Hi Eric,

Sorry for the delay picking up this question. I am checking this with my colleague in Germany, the Sixt App Guru.

I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Best regards
Gary
Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Monthy
Hi Gary,
I'm really glad I found you on this website 'cos I've been trying to contact Sixt office for 3 months, so far unsuccessfully. My matter concerns Sixt's Belgian office but maybe you'll know the way to get in touch with them. Here's the thing: we rented a car 3 months ago and the day before the car was returned some vandals broke its side mirror. This was reported to the police who issued a written report. On the return we presented the report in the office where we were told that we needn't worry as no further charges would apply. To our great surprise it turned out that our visa card was charged not only for rental but also for the damage (equal in value to the deposit). Since then we've been trying to contact the office via contact web page, office e-mail and phone but there has been no reply whatsoever (even though we've received auto-confirmation from mail boxes). We've also tried contacting Sixt's Polish office (we're from Poland) but the lady who's trying to help us cannot contact the head office either!!!! Neither can she check our case directly in the system as she has no access to the data. We're running out of ideas what to do and would be very grateful for any piece of advice.
Thanks in advance and all the best in New Year!
Monthy
Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to say who may have told you that there is no extra charges. However, the rental was made without insurances and therefore the damage costs charged.

Is there anything more specific you require such as a damage invoice to enable you to claim back on CC insurance that I can help you with?

I'm very sorry, I kinda feel like I'm not being too much help here. If the crux of the matter is that you were not advised of the extra charges when returning the vehicle, then whilst this is regrettable it doesn't negate the fact that the vehicle was damaged during your hire.

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Best regards
Gary
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Gary, YGPM but also send you a e-mail.
Thanks for you presence here on FT!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 3:28 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by ez311

Based on my experience online check-in (either through the web or through the iPhone App) does not work if you have status.
Whenever I try online check-in I am getting an error message and should contact the Mobile Key hotline.
Based on my contacts with them, the process works as follows: Once you have the message "Your VIP status will be taken into account for this booking." local staff will block an upgraded car for you. So you are receiving your upgrade. However, at that point your car is locked in and the online check-in/car selection doesn't work anymore.

Which is a real shame, because I do have a "Free upgrade on online check-in" voucher... A double class upgrade would be funky. :-)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Gary, YGPM but also send you a e-mail.
Thanks for you presence here on FT!
Hi,

My colleague Sabine Blasig sent an e-mail to you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards
Gary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.