Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:56 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by TheBrain
On my recent trip to Milan (reservation number: 6045116230), I did not receive any upgrade as being a Sixt Platinum member.
Doesn't Sixt honor it's platinum members anymore?

Hello ,
I am Sabine from Sixt customer service UK.

Unfortunately we can not always guarantee an upgrade, but our branches always try especially hard to do this.

The upgrade is subject to availabilty, I think BMK commented recently on the "Sixt Upgrades" thread his advice was to book the car you want to drive and anything else is a bonus.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M SEN, SPG Gold, PC Platinum
Thanks Sabine for the quick reply!
Can I safely assume that due to unavailability of better cars that the upgrade wasn't honored?
Or is an upgrade done as the counter employee sees fit? (if he/she likes you or not.. ;-) )
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by TheBrain
Thanks Sabine for the quick reply!
Can I safely assume that due to unavailability of better cars that the upgrade wasn't honored?
Or is an upgrade done as the counter employee sees fit? (if he/she likes you or not.. ;-) )

It certainly should not be the latter. If a customer booked the group higher than it is right that the customer who booked the higher group gets the vehicle. It is harder during peaks in season to upgrade customers but the staff are always trying their best.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by totti
Why do you think that the 5er limousine is "much smaller" than the GT? The GT is a mere 9 cm longer and in the interior there is not much of a difference either. At least it is nothing I would worry about for even a second.

As they assign cars on the day of arrival they normally can't tell in advance. If you rent at a larger station such as Munich Ariport you should normally have the choice.

Enjoy your trip.

My impression was that I could get any 5-series car, which made me a bit curious. That is, it could be a 520d or a 535GT, which is a huge difference. Basicly, I would like to drive something "sporty". I normally drive a Volvo V70 so the point of renting it was to try something special. I thougth about the 3er coupe, which Sixt website suggests is "more fun", but it could be just a 318d.

It is interesting what you say about the rental station. Doesnt really matter to me where I rent it in Munich. So then it is a much better idea to rent it at the airport?

Thank you!
Old Jul 23, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by kr3m
It is interesting what you say about the rental station. Doesnt really matter to me where I rent it in Munich. So then it is a much better idea to rent it at the airport?!
Well, apart from the airport station it is a hit and miss in munich to get a choice of different cars in higher classes.

I made satisfying experineces with SIXT Ost, SIXT Ostbahnhof and SIXT Stachus.
My favorite station though is the SIXT at the Westin Grand hotel.
The mostly just offer you one car, but I nearly always experienced that the try as hard as possible to get you the best in class car.

To be on the safe side to have the possibility to choose from some cars within a class you should go with the airport station.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 3:21 pm

Sixt.de

Hi Gary,

can I also come up to you with questions / issues from Sixt.de?

Thanks.

Best regards, Robert
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by rliess
Hi Gary,

can I also come up to you with questions / issues from Sixt.de?

Thanks.

Best regards, Robert

Hello Robert,
Gary is on Holidays and I am happy to assist you.
Please send me an e-mail to sabine.blasig{at}sixt.com, with the details of your query from Sixt Germany and I will be happy to look into this for you and contact Sixt Germany on you behalf.

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine Blasig
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:48 pm

Hello Sabine,

thanks for your reply.

I am really happy at the moment and don't have any open issue, but it is good to have someone who can assist. ;-)

Many Thanks!

Best regards, Robert
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I have just signed up for Sixt after years of being Hertz PC and becoming more and more frustrated with travel restrictions in the EU, of which Sixt has fairly few, not to mention that Hertz did not count about thirty rentals last year so I am now only Five Star with them..

I thought I might be able to get Sixt Platinum or higher, especially since I have three airline high status in addition to Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum and others. There seemed to be no option for that online.

The Sixt website shows high discounts for Delta Platinum (25%) and the Delta website sayd Sixt gives 35% discount to Delta Platinum. I can find nothing of the kind.

I did sign up for Gold and made my very first reservation, in Berlin (6045234573), so I have begun.

Is there any way to get the benefits of Platinum?

I would like to move everything to Sixt, given all the positive feedback, but I am somewhat attached to the familiarity of Hertz at the moment. My former Hertz corporate discount no longer seems to be a factor, so that does not deter me very much.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I thought I might be able to get Sixt Platinum or higher, especially since I have three airline high status in addition to Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum and others. There seemed to be no option for that online.
@:-) You get Platinum status for being HHD automatically...

http://partner.sixt.de/hilton/hilton...-platinum-card
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I have just signed up for Sixt after years of being Hertz PC and becoming more and more frustrated with travel restrictions in the EU, of which Sixt has fairly few, not to mention that Hertz did not count about thirty rentals last year so I am now only Five Star with them..

The Sixt website shows high discounts for Delta Platinum (25%) and the Delta website sayd Sixt gives 35% discount to Delta Platinum. I can find nothing of the kind.

I did sign up for Gold and made my very first reservation, in Berlin (6045234573), so I have begun.

Is there any way to get the benefits of Platinum?

I would like to move everything to Sixt, given all the positive feedback, but I am somewhat attached to the familiarity of Hertz at the moment. My former Hertz corporate discount no longer seems to be a factor, so that does not deter me very much.
The Hilton Diamond status does qualify you for the Sixt Platinum card. The following link http://www.sixt.com/further-informat...artner/partner details all our Partner Programs.

Please confirm which partner program you would like to associate with your card and e-mail your airline/hotel membership number and the Express card number to me. I will then be able to arrange the upgrade to Platinum from the U.K.

My e-mail address is gary.coughlan[at]sixt.com

The discount structure changed towards the back end of April. I posted a thread "Sixt New Discounts" on the 25th of May in this forum.

Which I have included below:

"I have read some posts that highlighted the problem that you did not always get the best possible price through your airline status when booking with Sixt. I raised these concerns with our head office. Now, we have created new discounts to improve the benefits.

The new discounts are up to 20% off the rates available to the general public. The discount that you can obtain is dependant on your status with the Airline that you are with or on your status with Sixt. The discounts do not apply in conjunction with any promotional rates. I have detailed a brief description of the discounts below:

Gold Card - Up to 10% on all offline and internet public rates.

Platinum Card - Up to 15% on all offline and internet public rates. Free upgrade subject to availability.

Diamond Card - Up to 20% on all offline and internet public rates. Free double upgrade subject to availability.

Airmiles will be credited to you as usual, look out for extra promotions.

The new discounts are available to all, even if no formal partnership exists between your Airline and Sixt you can still obtain the benefits, but this is by arrangement only. If this is of interest to you or if you have any questions then please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer your queries.

The above discounts are in place now and have been since the backend of April. I am not sure how well this has been communicated to the various airlines and thought it might be a good idea to get the information out in this forum."

p.s sorry for the delay, I have just returned from holiday.

Best regards
Gary

Last edited by Gary Coughlan; Aug 3, 2010 at 1:51 am
Old Aug 11, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: LH:SEN++ 2012, FB Plat,AMX:PLA/CRB, *WOOD:PLA,Sixt:Diamond , LuckyStrike:Red, others
Downgrade coming through the backdoor

Gary,
hope you had a good and relaxed time during your leave!

The current situation with the availability of LDAR, LWAR / XDAR does not seem to be very satisfying. As a result, one can actually get pseudo-upgrades which - in most of the cases - are pretty useless.

Whenever I book LDAR or LWAR, this is done with intesion. Why do the Agents try to 'sell' me LSMR as an upgrade ?? (e.g. BMW 320D Coupe manual).
Or, I booked a CWMR (Compact Station Wagon) - they hand out an Audi TT Roadster. Beautiful car, but absolutely uesless for a party of four arriving by plane...
A colleague (Platinum) counted 21 LDAR Rentals within the last months. He really received the booked car class in only seven of his rentals.

Is there any 'rule' what I'm supposed to swallow?

Last edited by MichaelFFM; Aug 11, 2010 at 4:54 am
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelFFM
Gary,
hope you had a good and relaxed time during your leave!

The current situation with the availability of LDAR, LWAR / XDAR does not seem to be very satisfying. As a result, one can actually get pseudo-upgrades which - in most of the cases - are pretty useless.

Whenever I book LDAR or LWAR, this is done with intesion. Why do the Agents try to 'sell' me LSMR as an upgrade ?? (e.g. BMW 320D Coupe manual).
Or, I booked a CWMR (Compact Station Wagon) - they hand out an Audi TT Roadster. Beautiful car, but absolutely uesless for a party of four arriving by plane...
A colleague (Platinum) counted 21 LDAR Rentals within the last months. He really received the booked car class in only seven of his rentals.

Is there any 'rule' what I'm supposed to swallow?
I have spoken to my colleague Per, the Commercial Director for the U.K and we have both spoken to colleagues in Central Europe. We definitely have no intention to downgrade our best customers or any customer. We really want to look into your's and your colleagues rentals in detail. Your feedback is very important to us, you have raised valid points, I would appreciate it if you could take the time to e-mail more information to me. Per and I will make sure that your feedback is raised with our Head of Yield Management and our COO.

Best regards
Gary
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Did a Sixt rental at Rome Termini Station.

First time in my sixt plat time I haven't got upgrade. Well, I guess this was supposed to happen sooner or later, no hard feelings, however I'm not very keen if agent told me the truth (no other cars available).

Now the bad and ugly. Several days before arriving I called Sixt main line in Germany to advise I need a child seat. I was asked for child age details and advised on the cost, said ok and lady said "ok, done". At the pick up agent said "I don't have any details in booking about child seat request" and "I don't have any child seats available". I'm not familiar with Italian laws, but I know for sure it is against the law to carry small child without child seat in many European countries. So basically Sixt was pushing me to break the law and put my child in danger. I needed to do a long drive from Rome this day, had no time for disputes etc, and I had to solve this problem in the other way myself (and surely at the cost!).

Also I didn't quite understood why they booked 4x rental amount on my credit card, as this rental had
Rate includes all kms
Theft Protection
Loss Damage Waiver with NWR INCLUDED

New expericence - first time ever I've seen Sixt agent to call somewhere (bank?) to verify if money are available on my CC. I guess a customer presenting Sixt plat card and Visa Plat CC is not sound trustworthy?

I will refrain from comments about efficiency of Termini Staiton Sixt office, I'll just never rent there again.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
I have spoken to my colleague Per, the Commercial Director for the U.K and we have both spoken to colleagues in Central Europe. We definitely have no intention to downgrade our best customers or any customer. We really want to look into your's and your colleagues rentals in detail. Your feedback is very important to us, you have raised valid points, I would appreciate it if you could take the time to e-mail more information to me. Per and I will make sure that your feedback is raised with our Head of Yield Management and our COO.

Best regards
Gary
Oh, that's very cool for you to take care of something like this personally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.