Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Your first flight ever is on an SQ 380? Wow.. you are lucky - what cabin? that would help with more specific advice
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by avm2806
Your first flight ever is on an SQ 380? Wow.. you are lucky - what cabin? that would help with more specific advice
Yeah, I really hope to see some parts.

Cabin?

I'm class Economy/B

Unfortunately when I went to check in all the window seats were already taken. Was really hoping to get one so I could see places.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K
General advice: drink as much water as possible and get up and walk around every two hours that you're awake. Besides that, try to snag an emptier part of the plane; perhaps you'll get more space.

JFK - FRA - SIN leaves at 8:55 pm and arrives around 6 am into SIN, so I'd try to stay awake for a couple hours on JFK - FRA, then catch a three hour nap. Then stay awake for the next seven hours (remainder of JFK - FRA, layover, first four hours of FRA - SIN), then sleep for as long as possible for the rest of FRA - SIN. The idea is that you be as tired as possible before your long sleep on FRA - SIN. That way, you'll adjust to Singapore time faster.

Last edited by flyingmusicianlax; Apr 1, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I flew this flight once. Booked it by mistake.

Instead of flying SQ 21/22 non-stop, I did SQ 25/26. Didn't help there was a delay in FRA.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Question: when going JFK-FRA-SIN, does SQ25/26 count as 2 segments each way? or do you accrue it as a single segment each way?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by HanmoLi
Question: when going JFK-FRA-SIN, does SQ25/26 count as 2 segments each way? or do you accrue it as a single segment each way?
Single segment point to point JFK to SIN
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: FB Gold
How is Y-class on the main deck? I have flown AF's A380 before but was able to choose a 2nd floor Y seat that time- excellent, super-quiet given how far away from the engines the Y cabin is. I don't have experience with noise or comfort on SQ or the main deck of an A380. Comments?

I'm debating between SQ and AB since they're priced reasonably close to each other.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
If flying first, do you get two pajamas and amenity kits -- or is it treated the same way as JFK-YVR-HKG on CX (treated as one segment)?
Old May 22, 2014, 8:27 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Centurion. Amanjunkie. AA & DL Platinum
Originally Posted by XMS91
If flying first, do you get two pajamas and amenity kits -- or is it treated the same way as JFK-YVR-HKG on CX (treated as one segment)?
I will be on that flight tonight. I will let you know. Maybe others on this board have the answer.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
two and two, unless you say that you already received them the first leg. FRA-SIN is a new flight, new crew.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
I will be on that flight tonight. I will let you know. Maybe others on this board have the answer.
Originally Posted by afmiami
two and two, unless you say that you already received them the first leg. FRA-SIN is a new flight, new crew.
Thanks
Old May 22, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA
Some of the blogs report that you get two pajamas but only one amenity kit. I'm flying F on SQ next week and would definitely expect two pajamas. You can't possibly be wearing the same pajamas for 21+ hours on the plane can you....
Old May 22, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by HanmoLi
Single segment, JFK-SIN
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gameover98
Some of the blogs report that you get two pajamas but only one amenity kit. I'm flying F on SQ next week and would definitely expect two pajamas. You can't possibly be wearing the same pajamas for 21+ hours on the plane can you....
I flew SQ 25 in May and was, indeed, offered pajamas on both JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN, but only on the first segment was I offered an amenity kit.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Flying SQ25 at the end of the month. JFK-FRA. Was wondering if the configuration they fly on this route have Y seats in the Upper Deck? The website only allows seat selection for Y in the main cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.