Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by coffee18
Is there any protocol that frowns about TPR users from using First lounge? In the past my girlfriend is not a fan from some of the attention in the TPR?
From the staff, or from other passengers?

The last time I used TPR there was another pax who looked, literally, like a homeless man. Scruffy, dirty t-shirt, shorts, slippers. He was seated at the dining area with his slippers off, happily scratching his bare feet with his hands. Found it ... amusing to say the least (cos the dude was probably many orders of magnitude more wealthy than me).
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:25 am

That's how a substantially noticeable number of people travelling in premium cabins look in my experience.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I've seen this mentioned, but never confirmed. Is there TPR access with an incoming SQ F ticket (IAH-DME-SIN) and connecting (on a separate ticket) to another *A airline (say SIN-KIX or SIN-ICN). The key here is that the departing airline is not SQ but the incoming is SQ F.
YES as I posted in another thread ALL SQ pax arr in R or F can enjoy same day arr access into TPR ant SKL F regardless of the onward movements later that day - go and enjoy this fabulous benefit.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
The last time I used TPR there was another pax who looked, literally, like a homeless man. Scruffy, dirty t-shirt, shorts, slippers.
At least he had a shirt and shoes on - it's only a few weeks back that some dude walked into SKL through J into F then right into TPR naked from waist up and barefoot. Go ask the staff next time you visit as they all know about it.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Last time we were in the TPR a truly obnoxious family of seven came in and started bellowing at the tops of their voices. We quickly decamped to the relative peace of the First lounge. The TPR agent was in equal parts horrified and amused that we were moving "down".
Thanks for everyone's responses. I think it's interesting that agents are amused we would want to move down. There's just some behavior in TPR that shows money can't buy you class.
Old May 5, 2016, 6:37 pm

Hi,
How long does it take to walk from T3 to T2, i will land on T3 and depart on T2 7 hrs later, i guess i will just wait in TPR until then
Old May 5, 2016, 7:12 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi,
How long does it take to walk from T3 to T2, i will land on T3 and depart on T2 7 hrs later, i guess i will just wait in TPR until then
Changi Terminal Transfer
Old May 6, 2016, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi,
anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour depending on which gates you arrive/depart from, if taking the train how long to wait for the next one (no more than a few minutes), or if walking the long way (via terminal one)
Old May 7, 2016, 2:13 am

the private room was way overrated. the food in the AM was subpar, wait was long for food. the staff didnt even direct me to the room, i had to ask for it. sad
Old May 7, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by mattack4000
the private room was way overrated. the food in the AM was subpar, wait was long for food. the staff didnt even direct me to the room, i had to ask for it. sad
I second that
Old May 24, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I saw a similar question earlier in the thread but didn't see an answer. My wife and I are booked on SQ638 with a paid stopover in Tokyo and then onward in suites on SQ12. When I booked SQ638 it was the A380 in suites but they downgraded the plane to the 772 with J only. This was booked as one award in first class. The SQ12 flight will be within 48 hours when we check in at SIN. Will we have access to the the Private Room? Was hoping to have dinner there before the late night flight.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by 84Horn
I saw a similar question earlier in the thread but didn't see an answer. My wife and I are booked on SQ638 with a paid stopover in Tokyo and then onward in suites on SQ12. When I booked SQ638 it was the A380 in suites but they downgraded the plane to the 772 with J only. This was booked as one award in first class. The SQ12 flight will be within 48 hours when we check in at SIN. Will we have access to the the Private Room? Was hoping to have dinner there before the late night flight.
YES you can enjoy TPR access if you were originally ticketed in R/A/F/O class - will not be a problem.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Traveling in SQ J FRA-SIN-AKL,
Holding Star Gold, will this grant access to the SQ F-lounge?
Old May 26, 2016, 3:50 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by peterfox
No
Old May 26, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by peterfox
Not even (non-Solitaire) PPS get this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.