Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by MikeTucson
What hours do they operate? We're arriving at 3.30am from LAX via NRT and departing at 10.05am to MLE ... 6 hours in Singapore. Any suggestions to make the transit easier?
TPR opens at 5:30am (or 5:00am? Not entirely sure). You can hang out in the SilverKris / Gold lounges before then, as those are open 24 hours.

Having said that, 5-ish hours is a long time to spend in a lounge. If I were you I'd be extremely tempted to buy the minimum 6-hour block in the transit hotel for a bed to have a couple hours sleep.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: many
Arriving Silk Air, departing Singapore Suites and will be heading to the city during the 9hr layover. Only single carry-on bag, no checked bags. No plan to haul the carry-on into the city and considering the Left Baggage option, or will TPR attendents store it for me?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by pcharles
Arriving Silk Air, departing Singapore Suites and will be heading to the city during the 9hr layover. Only single carry-on bag, no checked bags. No plan to haul the carry-on into the city and considering the Left Baggage option, or will TPR attendents store it for me?
No. Storing at the TPR is not an option.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:30 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by pcharles
baggage storage isn't very expensive and you can do it airside to save any delay at customs
Old Nov 15, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by ticktock83
No. Storing at the TPR is not an option.
Not completely accurate. For 9 hours you are correct - it certainly isn't. For a shorter period of time, e.g. taking a stroll through the terminal / shopping, they will store it depending on how you look. Welcome to Asia.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:25 am

I'll be flying AKL-SIN in Suites then connecting SIN-RGN in Y on SQ the next morning at 7:55am. Should I be granted TPR access in that case? I'm hoping to dine in the TPR when I arrive, go get some sleep in the transit hotel, wake up and then have breakfast in TPR.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Since you're travelling not same day but rather the next day in Y, it doesn't sound like the courtesy arrival access to TPR will apply.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
It appears that there are a few different topics getting mixed together.

Access to the regular lounge vs. Private Room.

Access based on arriving vs departing.

Access based on transit, vs leaving the airport and going through passport control/customer/immigration.

Bottom line the answers may be for a different question than what is being asked.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:30 pm

Hi all - similar question to tng11 but not exactly, so hoping the answer will be slightly different.

I'm flying AKL-SIN in suites (landing at 7pm) and then SIN-LHR the next day at 1pm in F. All on the same ticket. I know I'll be able to access TPR for the second leg, but will I be able to upon arrival after the first leg?

Separately, will they hang on to my checked baggage overnight or will I have to pick this up and re-check it?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by wadewadewade
I'm flying AKL-SIN in suites (landing at 7pm) and then SIN-LHR the next day at 1pm in F. All on the same ticket. I know I'll be able to access TPR for the second leg, but will I be able to upon arrival after the first leg?
Yes. Maybe not as an arrival lounge from the first leg, but definitely as a departure lounge on second leg. Changi (and SQ) allows check in 48 hours prior to check in.

Separately, will they hang on to my checked baggage overnight or will I have to pick this up and re-check it?
Assuming at AKL that you check in all the way to LHR, then your baggage will go all the way to LHR.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
hi
I am planning to take suite class to HKG from SIN.
joining my two friends transiting in SIN and on the same flight back to HKG in suite also.
Question is, one of them will be reaching about 10pm and another about 3am. While the HKG flight departs at about 9am. So I was thinking is it possible for me to check in a night before, then me and my friend will have dinner at TPR, stayed there for a night and wait for another coming at 3am?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by xexs
hi
I am planning to take suite class to HKG from SIN.
joining my two friends transiting in SIN and on the same flight back to HKG in suite also.
Question is, one of them will be reaching about 10pm and another about 3am. While the HKG flight departs at about 9am. So I was thinking is it possible for me to check in a night before, then me and my friend will have dinner at TPR, stayed there for a night and wait for another coming at 3am?
Access to TPR: Yes, you may check in the night before.
Staying at TPR: It closes after the last flight (sometimes once the Milan flight starts boarding) so you will need to move to First Class lounge. Note that there's no sleeping area anywhere in case you need to sleep. TPR opens 5:30am.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
Yes. Maybe not as an arrival lounge from the first leg, but definitely as a departure lounge on second leg. Changi (and SQ) allows check in 48 hours prior to check in.
So as I'll check in for both legs at the same time and have the boarding passes with me, upon landing I can try getting into TPR (although 50/50 whether I get in) as arrivals/departures is all in the same area?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:50 am

So as I'll check in for both legs at the same time and have the boarding passes with me, upon landing I can try getting into TPR (although 50/50 whether I get in) as arrivals/departures is all in the same area?
Sorry, what I meant is that it is 100% that you can get in because you have an onward boarding pass to LHR.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:32 pm

May I confirm my understanding? I get a different views so far.

1) TPR is accessible to any F-ticket holder, not only Suites
2) It also applies for incoming passenger on F (with or without onward F ticket?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.