Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Firstly do you have 2 seperate bookings or is one booking?
Would ticketing impact my situation?

HKGSIN in F, arriving noon.
Immediately head to city.
Return 2100 for 2355 SINJFK in J.
Separate tickets.
TPR access when I return to airport around 2100?

If ticketing impacts this, I could potentially void my two tickets and try to ticket as one PNR.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:16 pm

No it would not.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
No it would not.
So I'm free and clear to use TPR. That's a relief.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:43 pm

Just keep your F boarding pass.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
I am flying in F from HND-SIN on SQ. My flight arrives at 15:35 on Saturday, and depart the next day Sunday at 10:00AM from SIN-MLE on a separate award ticket in J. Is it possible to get a boarding pass in HND in advance to MLE that might allow me to get into the lounge on Sunday before my MLE flight in J?

Thanks

Last edited by peezondeez; Jan 26, 2017 at 8:27 am
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:24 am

Just want to put in my datapoint. I flew JFK-FRA-SIN on Suites a couple weeks ago. Arrival time in SIN was extremely early. Too early for me to check in my hostel. I went to the lounge and inquired about Private Room access. One of the girl lead me to the check in desk to the Private Room. I told the woman there I was on an early flight and waiting for a friend(not really) to arrive. She had no problem letting me inside. I stayed all the way until 1pm. Had breakfast and lunch there. Note I was on an arrival flight, did not have a connecting or departing ticket.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Joker0874
Just want to put in my datapoint. I flew JFK-FRA-SIN on Suites a couple weeks ago. Arrival time in SIN was extremely early. Too early for me to check in my hostel. I went to the lounge and inquired about Private Room access. One of the girl lead me to the check in desk to the Private Room. I told the woman there I was on an early flight and waiting for a friend(not really) to arrive. She had no problem letting me inside. I stayed all the way until 1pm. Had breakfast and lunch there. Note I was on an arrival flight, did not have a connecting or departing ticket.
What happened to your luggage while you were in the Private Room?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by fuschia
What happened to your luggage while you were in the Private Room?
It was being held by baggage. Perfectly fine when I went to get it.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:59 am

It was being held by baggage. Perfectly fine when I went to get it.
I see. There is a baggage section for uncollected bag? Sorry for asking so many questions because i have never tried going to lounge upon arrival. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by fuschia
I see. There is a baggage section for uncollected bag? Sorry for asking so many questions because i have never tried going to lounge upon arrival. Thanks.
Yup there is. It was being held in the back. I went to baggage claim, gave them my receipt and they pulled it out from the back. I thought it was worth a try to get access to the Private Room and Singapore does have one of the harshest laws so I was not afraid of my luggage being taken.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
... Singapore does have one of the harshest laws so I was not afraid of my luggage being taken.
Just a side note ...

Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Hi all!

Wondering if you can help to clarify this? I've had a few contradicting answers...

For my honeymoon, I'm flying SQ807 in F(O) arriving into SIN at 23:00. we're then departing on SQ938 in J(I) at 08:20 (+1).

If I stay in a airside hotel, so I get access to TPR when departing as such for my 2nd flight.

If I stay at the CP have have to clear immigration, will I get access to the First Wing and TRP when rechecking in (as I would already be checked in with BP) for my 2nd flight.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:31 am

Has anyone tried to check in 48 hours before departure, hang out and having breakfast, lunch and dinner at TPR, sleep in the transit hotel (got to book a room) for 1 or 2 nights?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by behyx
Has anyone tried to check in 48 hours before departure, hang out and having breakfast, lunch and dinner at TPR, sleep in the transit hotel (got to book a room) for 1 or 2 nights?
Is this possible? There are plenty of places to rest.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by behyx
Originally Posted by lyndonmaxewell
Is this possible? There are plenty of places to rest.
I've checked in at around 6pm the previous day for a 9.20am flight. Had dinner at TPR, lounged around a bit, slept at the transit hotel, went back the next morning for breakfast before boarding the flight. The ONLY reason I did this was because it was my first time flying first/suites; I've never bothered doing it since. Changi is a great airport but it's not THAT great; I can't imagine the boredom of spending two full days there being worth the few extra "free" meals at TPR ...
jayboo33 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.