Wiki Posts
Search

NO POINTS GIVEN - FOR "2 Nights for the Price of 1" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Inter-Continental Royal Ambassador
NO POINTS GIVEN - FOR "2 Nights for the Price of 1" Master Thread

I stayed at the IC ATHENS on 9 March - 11 March under the offer of "2 Nights for the Price of 1". When i looked at my account two weeks later - it turns out they have awarded me zero points. I have a couple of questions if anybody can help?

1) IS THIS BECUASE THIS STAY " "2 Nights for the Price of 1" was a "NON QUALIFYING STAY"???

2) As a RA should i have received any other points?

Any help would be great....
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: PC Plat, BMI, BA
I usually get the points but a couple of times I had to call the service centre to have them added.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Dont mean to pin you further on this - but are you saying that i should have got points for this stay or really it is down to there discretion..?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
just fill in the points discrepancy form online and you will got them. Always had this problem crediting automatically.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
With an IC its not an issue. You paid for 1 night and got 1 night free. The points for the paid night (4k with RA bonus) just happen to be the same as the points for 2 nights.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Just keep emailing pointing out that the first night was paid for at full rate, so it should be eligible for points. I've done this a number of times and always had success. (Sometimes it took a few repeat emails though)
Old Mar 16, 2008, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
There have been a couple of versions of this rate in Europe over the past year, one of which clearly noted that no PC points would be given. I recall a thread discussing this a few months back. My experience last summer was having no problem getting credit for such a stay in Berlin, but the promo from later in the year was a problem for many here.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:34 am
Original Poster

...thank you all for that information.

I have done as you asked and submitted a POINTS DISCREPANCY REPORT. When i get a email reply i shall post the exact reply on this thread.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 2:15 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
lately

Originally Posted by Jintropin UK
...thank you all for that information.

I have done as you asked and submitted a POINTS DISCREPANCY REPORT. When i get a email reply i shall post the exact reply on this thread.
lately i receive only two forms of reply, and its kinda hard for me to fight the points back. still trying though...

------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your reply.

Our records show that the rate you have paid was the Two for One rate. Unfortunately, this is a discouted rate and is ineligible.

Please be advised that a stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates such as Best Flexible rates, Advance Purchase rates and Goverment rates.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation with this matter
-----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry regarding an adjustment to your Priority Club® Rewards account.

We have reviewed your request for credit on your stay on 12 February 2008 at the Holiday Inn - Whatevercountry. We would like to inform you that the usual measure for a room rate's eligibility for points under Priority Club Rewards' Terms and Conditions is the level of discount relative to the hotel's prevailing rack rate.

Unfortunately, the room rate paid during the stay in question was discounted and is ineligible for credit to your account. We have provided the link for Priority Club Rewards' Terms and Conditions below:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../0/en/ptc.html

------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------
Old Mar 17, 2008, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
2 NIGHTS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE - TERMS & CONDITIONS

1) 2 for 1 offer is based on the Best Flex Rate and consists of two consecutive night stays for the price of one, based on two adults sharing a standard twin/double room (max.2 adults per room) at participating hotels only.
2) Stays are available over Fri, Sat and Sun nights with many hotels offering midweek availability - please check at time of booking.
3) Full payment must be made at time of booking; no cancellations or amendments permitted; no refunds given.
4) Up to 2 children under the age of 18 stay free when sharing a room with up to 2 adults, if suitable accommodation is available.
5) Single supplement will be charged at the full room per night price.
6) Offer applicable for bookings and stays made from 15 December 2007 - 30 April 2008.
7) Limited availability may be applicable over public holidays.
8) All rooms are subject to availability with a limited number of rooms available at these offer rates.
9) Rates may vary by date of booking.
10) Offer not available to groups and can not be used in conjunction with any other offers or special promotions.
11) A booking made pursuant to this offer is non transferable.
12) Offer only available at participating hotels in the UK & Europe

PRIORITY CLUB® REWARDS GLOBAL MEMBERSHIP - TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (“Non-Qualifying Room Rates”; “Non-Qualifying Stay”): net wholesale individual and group rate, package rate, employee discount rate, crew rate, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays or any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate.

Where is the line saying that 241 is not eligible stay?
By the way, I've got points for all the 241 stays I had.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 2:39 am
uk1
Suspended

I use the rate a lot - and have sometimes had to ask for points.

The argument is simple. The rate is NOT 50% discount for each night but a full qualifying rate night followed by a free night. This means that the first night is eligible and the second night (irrelevant for point earning in IC's) is ineligible. If this argument is resisted don't get into a discussion simply asked for your request to be escalated.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 4:30 am

I've had a 100% record on these, either automatically or on raising a query, until I got this for a UK stay:

"Thank you for your request for an adjustment to your Priority Club® Rewards account.

Priority Club credit is awarded for all room rates within 30% of the hotel’s non-discounted rate. Unfortunately, your room rate was deeply discounted and did not qualify for credit.

For your convenience, a complete list of the Priority Club terms and conditions can be found online at http://www.priorityclub.com/terms.

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Attached is the link to our service centers' phone numbers page:

http://www.priorityclub.com/contactus

Sincerely, "

I emailed back and forward on this for a while, getting responses such as "the rate per night is half the total and this is too discounted" until they asked for a copy of the bill.

I'd used an express check out and the bill hadn't arrived quickly, so I let it lie.

Then, when I was talking to a rep about something else, she asked me at the end if there was anything else she could help with and I just mentioned this. She immediately posted the 2 nights and, on checking later, I found I'd got my 4k bonus too.

Perhaps the suggestion should be; if someone says no, don't argue just go to someone else a day or so later.

ps. I thought the 30% rule was US only?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by uk1
The rate is NOT 50% discount for each night but a full qualifying rate night followed by a free night. This means that the first night is eligible and the second night (irrelevant for point earning in IC's) is ineligible.
To be fair, that isn't what the Ts&Cs say. The wording is "two consecutive night stays for the price of one" and that can be interpreted in a number of different ways. On my bookings it shows on the calendar rate display as full first night and 0 second night but that is probably not definitive, although it gives a good basis for arguing.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 4:43 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
While rates with 30% or greater discounts are not supposed to get points, they can from time to time.

however, as already stated, the 2-4-1 deal is full rate for first night (which should always qualify for points and night credit) and second free night (which may or may not depending on the luck of the draw

I have usually had to request points for the few times I have taken advantage of the 2-4-1 deal, but always get at least the points and credit for first night, sometimes for both.

I am using 2-4-1 for a London stay during April for a conference, where the rates are very high. I am already unhappy with the hotel, as I have been charged for the first night already, but my account now shows the full rate for both the first and second night of my stay, while my e-mail confirmation shows £0 for the second night. I will post my experience in this regard.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by uk1
I use the rate a lot - and have sometimes had to ask for points.

The argument is simple. The rate is NOT 50% discount for each night but a full qualifying rate night followed by a free night. This means that the first night is eligible and the second night (irrelevant for point earning in IC's) is ineligible. If this argument is resisted don't get into a discussion simply asked for your request to be escalated.

This does appear to be one of the problems. Some 2for1 rates show on the folio at 50% per night rather than as full rate first night, zero rate for the second. Others are clearly stated on the booking confirmation as 50% each night. The latter trigger the rejection, the former get points.

I have advocated for years now that PC bookings should clearly confirm one will earn points for a stay, or not. This should appear on the rate selection screen as well as the final confirmation one. Either that or all rates bookable on its website should qualify. This is the on really serious problem with this program which has yet to be satisfactorily resolved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.