Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NO POINTS GIVEN - FOR "2 Nights for the Price of 1" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2008, 2:38 am
uk1
Suspended

The key thing for FT'ers to remember when contacting IC for their points is that the rate is NOT a half price rate but a full rate for the first night and that the points claimed is only for the first night.

The rough thing about this rate is not just the difficulty of getting the points but that they also only credit it as a 1 night stay. If they had credited it as two nights I would have qualified as RA with some margin.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 3:19 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Hi there,

Could someone please clarify this for me please:

Ive used the 2 for 1 rate many times before at CP's and Holiday Inns.

Its a pre-paid rate (well supposed to be). Sometimes ive paid at check out.

Ive actually always received 2 qualifying nights posted to my account and also received points.

As far as I am aware this 2 4 1 rate is not valid at IC' s (not advertised anyway as being valid)

Secondly it says Europe only also.

Can this 2 for 1 rate be booked at Worldwide IC's, if so do you still get full RA benefits and more importantly how do you find this rate or find which IC's are offerring this rate?

Is it just by using the 2 for 1 link and just trying your luck at IC's?

Im looking at a staying in some IC's in the next few months in India, Dubai, Thailand and Hong Kong, Will this rate be valid at IC's in any of these countries.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 4:08 am
uk1
Suspended

You try your luck at ICs. It works for some ICs often - others not as posted regularly.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 7:03 am

Programs: QANTAS Club Silver, PC Royal Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by navatwal

Secondly it says Europe only also.

Can this 2 for 1 rate be booked at Worldwide IC's, if so do you still get full RA benefits and more importantly how do you find this rate or find which IC's are offerring this rate?

Is it just by using the 2 for 1 link and just trying your luck at IC's?

Im looking at a staying in some IC's in the next few months in India, Dubai, Thailand and Hong Kong, Will this rate be valid at IC's in any of these countries.
Ever the optimist I have tried it for bookings outside of Europe (including Thailand) but have never had any luck- if anyone has had any recent success I would love to hear about it
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:43 pm

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
Originally Posted by uk1
The key thing for FT'ers to remember when contacting IC for their points is that the rate is NOT a half price rate but a full rate for the first night and that the points claimed is only for the first night.

The rough thing about this rate is not just the difficulty of getting the points but that they also only credit it as a 1 night stay. If they had credited it as two nights I would have qualified as RA with some margin.
i had one of these stays in a uk HIX last month that was credited as two nights toward a stay 4 nights earn 10k bonus.

ian.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:36 pm
Alf

Programs: Lufthansa HON Circle, IC Royal Ambassador, American Express Centurion, Mastercard World Signia
2 for 1 rate at IC's

@navatwal

I used the 2 for 1 rate successfully at the IC Cyprus.
I've booked a Club Junior Suite and was upgraded to a Club Senior Suite.
For a surcharge of 140 Euro per night they agreed to further upgrade me to Club Senior Suite with own pool.
All RA benefits were given (free minibar, late checkout, daily newspaper...).
All the nights were credited to my account (not only the half) and points were given as well.

Also the IC Prague offers the 2 for 1 rate at many time slots.

However most of the German IC's e.g. don't allow 2 for 1 bookings.

Just try it out at the property of your choice.
You've nothing to loose.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:44 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Yes ive noticed this rate and some European IC's but not really in other parts of the World>

Has anyone got any experiences of getting the 2 for 1 rate at IC's hotels outside of Europe?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:21 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
The 2-for-1 T&C's clearly state that it is participating properties in the UK and Europe.

mxm135
Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by MXM135
The 2-for-1 T&C's clearly state that it is participating properties in the UK and Europe.

mxm135
Yes and the terms and conditions do not even show that any Intercontinental hotels are participating in this promotion.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by navatwal
Yes and the terms and conditions do not even show that any Intercontinental hotels are participating in this promotion.
But some do (IC Prague, IC Budapest, IC Vienna, and I even had a 241 stay at Carlton)
Old Sep 15, 2008, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Happy end of the no points 241 stay

I was getting mad by the different emails I received from the Ambassador Service.
I decided to write a definitive email :

Dear Madam,

The main purpose of the Ambassador Service is to solve IHG elite customers’ problems quickly, accurately and efficiently.

If we consider the different last emails I had to send to solve a problem (which has not yet found any accurate solution) regarding the points for my last stay at XXX, I may say that the Ambassador Service did fail in its mission.

Despite several emails, the accurate amount for the night (ie EUR XXX) and the status of the night (not an overlapping night but a qualifying night, so that promotional bonuses can apply) are still not correct.

For these reasons, I would ask you:
- to forward this email to any person who is able to make the follow up of this file and give a definitive solution of the problem,

- not to answer personally at any further email to any other future request I may have to make through the Ambassador Service, but ask someone else to do so.

Best regards
nicolas75

...and finally got a positive answer.
I am really amazed that this service may jeopardize the relations with their best customers just because of bureaucratic and sometimes inefficient answers/replies.

Last edited by nicolas75; Sep 15, 2008 at 7:06 am
Old Sep 15, 2008, 7:14 am
uk1
Suspended

Oh no...... a definitive emial .... again.....

With respect nicolas75 there are several issues here, and I'm personally finding your bickering against IC irritating.

Firstly if I'm struggling with understanding your e-mail to IC then it'd be unfair for you to to assume that IC staff can do better. Secondly treating them all with banket and public condemation and disrespect because they don't reach your standards is counter productive to your cause. You clearly are the worlds expert on loyalty and satisfaction and seem to spend more of your time with IC staff instructing them on how to reach your standards and telling us about it rather than trying to resolve your immediate challenge.

You've set up a ggogle news alert and every time you find anything remotely to do with hotels or IC posted up it goes! Recently you even managed to alarm customers and when you posted absoltely inocrrectly that IC Cannes was respionsible for a completely unrelated development and refused to clarify or correct it.

So may I respectfully suggest you calm down and learn two things.

What does slowly slowly catchy monkey mean?

How to Complain Effectively

Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:42 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by uk1
Oh no...... a definitive emial .... again.....

With respect nicolas75 there are several issues here, and I'm personally finding your bickering against IC irritating.

Firstly if I'm struggling with understanding your e-mail to IC then it'd be unfair for you to to assume that IC staff can do better. Secondly treating them all with banket and public condemation and disrespect because they don't reach your standards is counter productive to your cause. You clearly are the worlds expert on loyalty and satisfaction and seem to spend more of your time with IC staff instructing them on how to reach your standards and telling us about it rather than trying to resolve your immediate challenge.

You've set up a ggogle news alert and every time you find anything remotely to do with hotels or IC posted up it goes! Recently you even managed to alarm customers and when you posted absoltely inocrrectly that IC Cannes was respionsible for a completely unrelated development and refused to clarify or correct it.

So may I respectfully suggest you calm down and learn two things.

What does slowly slowly catchy monkey mean?

How to Complain Effectively

Isn't it Softly Softly Catchee Monkey??
Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:59 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Isn't it Softly Softly Catchee Monkey??
It is. But google is google.

A very nice lady at an HI once told me that excellent customers get excellent service. I guess that this would be the lesson I'd google if googling such things were googleossible. ^
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
multiple Two for One rate

Hi! I would like to submit to your opinion this situation

I want to book an holiday for 5 nights in a CP, and the best rate option is to use two different reservations with the Two for One rate (so 4 nights), plus last night with another reservation (1 night).
With a total of 3 different reservations for 5 nights... Do you think that the hotel will accept this ? And will I be able to stay in the same room?
Maybe sending an email after booking online....

Thanks to all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.