Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NO POINTS GIVEN - FOR "2 Nights for the Price of 1" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are a number of threads about this. This rate is prone to errors, but, as Raffles said, you can get at least one night of credit, whether automatic or manual.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-F490-Vodafone/F490BUHB2 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.4 Qtv5.3 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

And i have had credit for a total of ten stays on this rate so far this year (twenty nights)
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoveries, HH Gold, SPG Gold, A-Club Silver, IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
2 For 1 qualify for Free night?

Dear Guys,

I am currently enrolled in stay 3 nights at intercontinental and get free ambassador membership. I am thinking of booking a stay at the intercontinental singapore which is doing a promotion stay 1 night get the other night free (only for sg citizen). I have the following questions and would appreciate some help:

1) If I am staying 2 nights at IC singapore (1 paid and 1 free) do I still get the current promotion of free night stay at any ichotel group?

2) Is 2 nights or only 1 night registered for the free ambassador membership seeing that 1 night is paid and 1 night is free?

I would greatly appreciate some help here as I need to prepay my stay by tomorrow!

Cheers
Old Jun 15, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Essentially you want to know if the freebie night counts as a 'qualifying night' .It shouldn't but you may get lucky .
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
Looks like this issue rolls on!

Had a 2 for 1 stay at Leeds City centre HIE which posted as non-qualifying. After phoning the ambassador helpline my request for the stay to be made qualifying was declined so asked to speak to a manager. They did give me 1 night in the end but warned it was a one off and they wouldn't do it again.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Just discovered 2-4-1 and both IC Budapest and IC Vienna posted as qualifying stays, 2 qualifying nights each. ^
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:00 am

CP Reading posted as 2 nights.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:39 pm

I'm glad that people are getting stay credit (it would have to be me that didn't!) but its so frustrating that this is still a grey area. The Service Centre staff must spend most of their time on the phone to customers trying to sort out these issues which would be so easily sorted out if qualifying stay rates were clearly defined and qualifying stay credit terms clearly stated in special offer T&Cs. Oh well!

Although I've had a PC membership for years I've only just started to use it extensively and I'm still getting to grips with it all. I never realised determining whether a stay would qualify for points or not would be so tricky!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Scousie
Although I've had a PC membership for years I've only just started to use it extensively and I'm still getting to grips with it all. I never realised determining whether a stay would qualify for points or not would be so tricky!
While it can really be quirky, for me the following thumb of rule works quite well - if I pay the bill to the hotel, it's qualifying. If I pay someone else (think vouchers, online travel agentcies), it's not. So far worked perfectly - with the exception of "Friends & Family" rates, but the T&C clearly says/said that it's a non-qualifying rate.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:39 am

but its so frustrating that this is still a grey area. The Service Centre staff must spend most of their time on the phone to customers trying to sort out these issues which would be so easily sorted out if qualifying stay rates were clearly defined and qualifying stay credit terms clearly stated in special offer T&Cs. Oh well!
I agree that many things at PC are grey areas. But this is not only a downside. Many members use those grey areas daily. For example the promotion codes. It would be easy to change this to a better system with not only 4 digit codes but with maybe targeted and personalized links so that we can only subscribe to promotions we are entitled for. Or the 241 stays. Even if grey, it would be fair to count only as 1 night stay. But most members get 2 nights. In times of a running free night promotion this is really a very hot deal. You can book in germany a stay in a HIX for the 241 rate for then only 20 Euros / night ...after 8 nights you pay 160 Euros and use that for your vacation in an CP or IC no matter how expensive it would normally be. (THats what I did with mine and my wifes account).

WHat I am saying is that even if we have to do some calls, the shortcommings of the program can mostly be used to members advantages.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:52 am

I take your point and can see that the system can be used to our advantage - its just a bit bizarre when its all a bit new. I'm sure I'll be loving all the glitches in no time!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:56 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Looks like this issue rolls on!

Had a 2 for 1 stay at Leeds City centre HIE which posted as non-qualifying. After phoning the ambassador helpline my request for the stay to be made qualifying was declined so asked to speak to a manager. They did give me 1 night in the end but warned it was a one off and they wouldn't do it again.

I had one 2-4-1 stay at some HI in Spain counting as non qualifying(the cheek of it).So called up PC and told operator politely that it should actually count as 2 ......and that indeed every single one of my previous 2-4-1 stays had counted as 2.We agreed the logic was simply too irrefutable to ignore(after all T&Cs are merely killjoy insertions designed to irritate).Polite assertion from the start is the key
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by docklander
I had one 2-4-1 stay at some HI in Spain counting as non qualifying(the cheek of it).So called up PC and told operator politely that it should actually count as 2 ......and that indeed every single one of my previous 2-4-1 stays had counted as 2.We agreed the logic was simply too irrefutable to ignore(after all T&Cs are merely killjoy insertions designed to irritate).Polite assertion from the start is the key
The same approach worked in the end for me - they were very polite in declining my request and I was very polite in asking for this to be escalated! It was just a bit stressful for me as a customer as I had estimated getting credit for 1 night and a free night award depended on it. As I said previously, I am quite new to PC rewards and it made me think that if I wanted to be sure that I would get credit for an offer like the Free Nights one again, I wouldn't risk using something like 2for1 when you can't be sure of the outcome.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:53 am

Rate changed on Exclusive 2 for 1?!

My dad booked a room on the Exclusive 2 for 1 this morning (IDEX1). I've always had problems with this rate so warned him of this before booking.

The room cost was £60.00/night plus a £10 extra person surcharge. The second night was £0.00/night with no surcharge.

The booking confirmation (as emailed to him) showed a total price of £70.00, as expected.

He has just checked online and seen that they've changed the first night rate to £70.00 and then upped second night to £70.00 plus £10.00 surcharge, with a total of £160.00 (should be £70.00).

He hasn't checked his bank account yet, but is this any cause for concern? Should he be phoning them asap?

Just as a side note, the same nights on AP rate is £60.00/night plus £30.00 extra person surcharge.

Also, just checked again and rooms are still available on IDEX1, so can't be any pricing error there.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:55 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by BruceyBonus
My dad booked a room on the Exclusive 2 for 1 this morning (IDEX1). I've always had problems with this rate so warned him of this before booking.

The room cost was £60.00/night plus a £10 extra person surcharge. The second night was £0.00/night with no surcharge.

The booking confirmation (as emailed to him) showed a total price of £70.00, as expected.

He has just checked online and seen that they've changed the first night rate to £70.00 and then upped second night to £70.00 plus £10.00 surcharge, with a total of £160.00 (should be £70.00).

He hasn't checked his bank account yet, but is this any cause for concern? Should he be phoning them asap?

Just as a side note, the same nights on AP rate is £60.00/night plus £30.00 extra person surcharge.

Also, just checked again and rooms are still available on IDEX1, but at an even lower rate of £40.00/night plus £10 surcharge.
Nothing to worry about. Maybe they have upgraded the reservation.

You have a confirmation with the 2-4-1 booking and you will pay this.

Last edited by szg; Dec 3, 2009 at 5:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.