Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Posts older than 2015 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California, USA {US-CA}

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 25, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:13 am

Any updates to this thread?

I'm heading to SF in a couple of weeks. Diamond, don't care much about breakfast. I really just want a good location for walking around the city and the nicest accommodations - i.e. upgrades. Younger couple who like good beer, shopping and luxury.

Last edited by MissJ; Feb 20, 2015 at 10:31 am
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by MissJ
Any updates to this thread?

I'm heading to SF in a couple of weeks. Diamond, don't care much about breakfast. I really just want a good location for walking around the city and the nicest accommodations - i.e. upgrades. Younger couple who like good beer, shopping and luxury.
Not many Hilton choices in SF proper. Either the Union Square Hilton or Financial District.

If you don't care about breakfast or upgrades, go with the cheapest choice.

Both are great locations for walking around the city and convenient to Bart/Muni.

If you are going to be eating breakfast elsewhere and stay at Union Square just use the breakfast vouchers later in the day at Star$
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:44 pm

How is Parc 55? We would definitely like an upgrade if any properties are more prone to granting those. From previous comments, it seems that the Hilton US gives upgrades so I'm between that one and the Parc 55. I've seem some discussions about the crime around the Parc. I think I can picture where it is in the city right by the mall with the big domed ceiling. I don't remember that area being bad.

Last edited by MissJ; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MissJ
How is Parc 55? We would definitely like an upgrade if any properties are more prone to granting those.
I didn't know Parc 55 was a Hilton!!! This is great news! I have stayed there before when it as part of Marriott and then Wynham and it's my favorite non-Hilton in SF to stay.

Great area and you literally take the escalator up from Bart and it's across the street. A lot nicer property.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Anyone stayed at Parc 55 since it's been a Hilton?

Have any gold's or diamond's stayed at Parc 55 since it joined Hilton? I'm mainly interested in knowing how they handle upgrades (and if they give suite upgrades) and the breakfast.

I have stayed here quite a few times when it was part or Wyndham and when it was a Renaissance before that. I love the location and it was my preferred SF Hotel that wasn't part of Hilton.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Have any gold's or diamond's stayed at Parc 55 since it joined Hilton? I'm mainly interested in knowing how they handle upgrades (and if they give suite upgrades) and the breakfast.

I have stayed here quite a few times when it was part or Wyndham and when it was a Renaissance before that. I love the location and it was my preferred SF Hotel that wasn't part of Hilton.
I'll be staying there next week for a conference. I'll give this a thorough look through.

Stay tuned.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others

I was there a few weeks ago (it was already a Hilton). I didn't get an upgrade (might not have been any available). There were breakfast coupons.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sethb
I was there a few weeks ago (it was already a Hilton). I didn't get an upgrade (might not have been any available). There were breakfast coupons.
Was it for a full breakfast or continental breakfast?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Was it for a full breakfast or continental breakfast?
It was for the buffet, including some hot items.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Sorry, because of changed plans, I cannot do a mini review, but expect to be back at the Park 55 soon enough.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sethb
It was for the buffet, including some hot items.
Glad to hear they have a decent breakfast there. I really like the breakfast at the Union Square Hilton (especially when they give you the full buffet for free).

I'm hoping they will be generous with the upgrades if the rooms are available. My only complaint with this hotel is if you get a room facing market, sometimes the noise can be bad but when Wyndham owned it they always had a pair of earplugs in the room.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think they did too, but living in Manhattan I don't consider Market that noisy.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:34 pm

I was there as a Diamond, no suite upgrade. I did get high floor, but that's it. Rec'd breakfast coupons, but did not use them. I was up way too late drinking at the Mikkeller Bar to make it to any sort of breakfast.
mradey likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:16 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Parc 55 breakfast underwhelming

Gold member stayed last night at the Parc 55. Was upgraded from "classic 2 double beds" to a corner King room which was nice. Breakfast was a voucher for a "grab and go" bag plus a drink. Breakfast voucher could also be used as $10 off the full buffet (regularly $29 so net cost $19). Full buffet was underwhelming and not well stocked. Also there were not 2 free bottles of water (2 bottles in room were tagged $5 each).

I also stayed at Hilton Union Square on this trip. Upgraded to cityscape room on 37th floor. Breakfast was a coupon for starbucks. Could upgrade to full buffet for $10. Buffet spread was AMAZING.

Overall for golds I would say that Union Square Hilton >>> Parc 55.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.