Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Was there not a mention on businessclass.se that the benefit for Go passengers would be AVOD? But still not in use?
LN-RPK definitely does NOT have AVOD in Plus.

I have been victim of the Plus-scam once on one leg and got 15.000 points compensation from SAS. As that's enough to upgrade one leg from cattle class to Plus, I consider the case closed.

I can of course make a serious case out of it and make sure there will be an official statement that a Plus seat on LN-RKP is a downgrade to Economy, but that would require several people joining me and some determination. I've seen in another thread that it's not likely that something like that will happen.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
SAS LN-RKP business class seat 2014

Can anyone say about business class of LN-RKP? Any photos, reviews, thank you.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
I did LN-RKP from ORD-CPH in C a week ago. It´s still clear that the different layout of the cabin compared to the other SK birds does give the crew some challenges (where to find things, where to put things etc.). But bottomline is that he seats are fully flat (although of an older type) and provides for a nice sleep (I slept from when the seatbelts on sign was turned off until 45 min before landing^). Be aware that the arm rest is very much smaller than on the normal birds meaning that you might get to know your neighbour on a daylight flight a bit more than you want to.

I didn´t really have time to try out the IFE but the screen is bigger and better and the selection seems to be much larger.

Svantevit
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
The C seats are from LAN and are full flat. I have not tried them but they are supposedly an nice upgrade from the standard SK seat
A couple of pictures:
http://www.businessclass.se/en-test-...usiness-class/

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Nov 4, 2014 at 3:22 pm Reason: link added
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
These are very useful info, thank you ^
Especiallly armrest and photos. Helps my booking.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
Anyone seen this seatmap on SAS A340 ?

I am travelling on awards tickets with the family OSL-CPH-ORD in Feb.

The layout of the economy cabin seems strange on the CPH-ORD leg (SK943). Usually 31 is the exit row on these.

Economy starts on row 16 ->, row 23 seems to have only G and H seats and row 24 seems to be exit. Aircraft is stated as A340-300 (although this does not seem anything like the normal seatmap SAS has for these)

Anyone seen this setup before ? I can get row 24 - would that be good ?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:28 am

It is probably the Ex LAN machine LN-RKP which doesn't have the Plus seating.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...-toulouse.html

Last edited by fassy; Dec 30, 2014 at 3:04 am
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
It is the 'legendary' LN-RKP.

Row 24 should be the exit seat row, I believe. Here's a picture I found of the interior. According to my calculations, 24 should be heading the bulk.
http://wpcache.businessclass.se/wp-c...us-A340-11.jpg
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:40 pm

Shower warning :)

Flew CPH-ORD in mid-December (we were in seats 26 A,B) and noticed that the 2 rows in front of us got a quick shower during takeoff (leaking conditioners or something?). Just wanted to give you an advance warning on that as some napkins might come in handy in 24 AB and 25 AB
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Are we talking about this seatmap?

I am on CPH-IAD in late January and we also had the seatmap with P starting from row 16. We decided to skip the emergency exit (row 24) as it seems to be very close to the bassinet position (a noisy place by experience ) and just sit together in the front of the cabin.

Last edited by BHIL; Dec 30, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by BHIL
Are we talking about this seatmap?

I am on CPH-IAD in late January and we also had the seatmap with P starting from row 16. We decided to skip the emergency exit (row 24) as it seems to be very close to the bassinet position (a noisy place by experience ) and just sit together in the front of the cabin.
Yup. thats the seatmap Gonna try the exit row
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:10 am

BTW, the new policy of ASR payment makes it difficult to estimate the load based on the seatmap. Just look at our above seatmap less than a month before departure. Completely empty. Apparently nobody wants to pay for ASR. At least a small advantage for EBG members who (still) get this service for free.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:40 am

And so they changed the plane...

Originally Posted by BHIL
BTW, the new policy of ASR payment makes it difficult to estimate the load based on the seatmap. Just look at our above seatmap less than a month before departure. Completely empty. Apparently nobody wants to pay for ASR. At least a small advantage for EBG members who (still) get this service for free.

Yes - so i did get the emergency seats because of that.

Now that checkin opened however - it seems they changed the plane. Now it is the standard SAS seatmap for A340 with economy from row 20 and emergency exit at 31...... they are already taken now of course.....grrrr
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by teom66
Yes - so i did get the emergency seats because of that.

Now that checkin opened however - it seems they changed the plane. Now it is the standard SAS seatmap for A340 with economy from row 20 and emergency exit at 31...... they are already taken now of course.....grrrr
Don't worry too much. It was an absolutly horrible ride with LN-RKP in economy to IAD a couple of weeks ago. The plane was in very poor condition in economy (malfuntion PTV, malfunction seats, two malfunction toilets, malfunction seat table etc. etc.). The FA had to continuously appologize when making announcments saying that this was a plane leased only for emergency to avoid cancallations. Well yes, we made it to IAD but that was more or less it.

The ride back on one of the good old A343 belonging to SK was almost a pleasure. Sure, a bit worn down but at least everything was in working order.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Are you sure you were in LN-RKP or the CS-... leased from HiFly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.