Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:46 am

Videos on MyPoints

About a week or two ago, I got an email from MyPoints that contained a link to register to view video ads for points through MyPoints. I registered, and was able to watch 5 videos a day for three points each for several days. After watching the video, you had to enter two numbers that showed on the edge of the video while viewing in order to get the points. I went to a link that I thought was in the "Easy Points" section of the MyPoints website, but I can no longer find the link.
Can anyone post a link to the "video viewing" option, as it was an easy way to pick up an extra 15 MyPoints a day? Or hav they taken it out of the options? Swagbucks had similar videos available, but I haven't seen such a link through them either in the last several days, although Inbox Dollars still seems to have such a link.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Originally Posted by Cornroaster
About a week or two ago, I got an email from MyPoints that contained a link to register to view video ads for points through MyPoints. I registered, and was able to watch 5 videos a day for three points each for several days. After watching the video, you had to enter two numbers that showed on the edge of the video while viewing in order to get the points. I went to a link that I thought was in the "Easy Points" section of the MyPoints website, but I can no longer find the link.
Can anyone post a link to the "video viewing" option, as it was an easy way to pick up an extra 15 MyPoints a day? Or hav they taken it out of the options? Swagbucks had similar videos available, but I haven't seen such a link through them either in the last several days, although Inbox Dollars still seems to have such a link.
Does anything show up in your browser history section? If you clicked on one link and can remember when, it may be there.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:25 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Did you get any points to actually post? I watched 45 points worth of videos and nothing as posted to my account...

Looks like this is the same company (AdGenesis) that InboxDollars uses. You get InboxDollars credit within a few minutes of watching videos there...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:52 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Oh, and the link is available on the "Free & Easy" page:

https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/freeAndEasy.vm
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
Did you get any points to actually post? I watched 45 points worth of videos and nothing as posted to my account...

Looks like this is the same company (AdGenesis) that InboxDollars uses. You get InboxDollars credit within a few minutes of watching videos there...
Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
Oh, and the link is available on the "Free & Easy" page:

https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/freeAndEasy.vm
Thanks for posting the link. Hopefully the points will post. The weekly statement shows "Clickthru" without any points being credited yet, and just shows one "Clickthru" for each time I go to the videos and watch 5 videos at 3 points each. So far I am looking for 60 points on my account and 60 points for Mrs. Cornroaster, so I hope they post. I haven't had any problems with the videos crediting on either InBox Dollars or Swagbucks, so I hope these post on MyPoints as well.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FOX85
All the Hyatts are currently sold out. I was just about to get $150 for a trip in sept too
I'm seeing the $25 (4,000 points) and $75 (9,600 points) certs available now.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Still waiting for my video points to post, but the few seconds it takes is no skin off my back. I'll give it a few weeks.

Mike
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Cornroaster
Swagbucks had similar videos available, but I haven't seen such a link through them either in the last several days
Not to get too far off topic, these are now listed under Ad Rewards in the Special Offers section of Swagbucks.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Saas
Not to get too far off topic, these are now listed under Ad Rewards in the Special Offers section of Swagbucks.
Interestingly enough, I think its the same 3rd party provider company.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ritz
Interestingly enough, I think its the same 3rd party provider company.
It is. Beezag is all over the place and partnering with a ton of other sites.

Mike
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Received an email from MyPoints, stating that if you purchase a $75 Marriott TravelCard, you'll receive 500 points.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
Received an email from MyPoints, stating that if you purchase a $75 Marriott TravelCard, you'll receive 500 points.
Yup. Too bad I'm a SPG kinda guy!

I'd say >50% of the emails I'm getting now are not the five points for clicking type. I'm pretty careful to avoid these. I'm not giving them advertisers' dollars if they're not sharing the love.

Mike
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Has anyone received the Video Rewards points? I've received a few, but mostly they're not posting. When I look at the most recent 3 months of account history, it shows the points as pending, but (unlike most pending points), it doesn't seem as if they been added to my points total. Frustrating. tls
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:07 am

MyPoints Holiday Bonus Points. Earn up to 3,000 Points.

From November 1 to December 31, 2011, make a purchase from any qualified MyPoints merchant noted by the gift box icon.
For all purchases made during this promotion period, you will receive Bonus Points for the total dollars spent.
The "Holiday Bonus Points" tiers are as follows:

>> Spend $100 or more and receive 250 Bonus Points.
>> Spend $250 or more and receive an additional 500 Bonus Points.
>> Spend $500 or more and receive an additional 500 Bonus Points.
>> Spend $750 or more and receive an additional 750 Bonus Points.
>> Spend $1,000 or more and receive an additional 1,000 Bonus Points.
>> If you complete all spending thresholds, you could earn up to 3,000 Bonus Points.

Bonus Points will be awarded 30-60 days after the promotion end date — December 31, 2011.
MyPoints requires all merchant sales and returns to post before we can award Bonus Points.
A one-time holiday bonus award will be awarded 30-60 days after the promotion ends
a $1000 amex gift card will net you 4000 points, worth roughly $23 (or $21 toward a $25 paypal credit), a better return than the $15.68 you get from bigcrumbs, although you have to wait longer.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
Has anyone received the Video Rewards points? I've received a few, but mostly they're not posting. When I look at the most recent 3 months of account history, it shows the points as pending, but (unlike most pending points), it doesn't seem as if they been added to my points total. Frustrating. tls
I'm missing a whole bunch of points from them too.

Last edited by Cornroaster; Nov 20, 2011 at 7:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.