Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Today's Lucky Leaf is in Franco Sarto. Good luck.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:44 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by viajero boricua
The problem to figure it by the rate given is precisely when temporary offers, such as the one you've exposed with IHG (3x normal). You can't accumulate at the promotional rate all the time (not only that, but you can accumulate for IHG stays / purchases, but you can't use MyP's for that same company), so the best way to figure the value is from the reward point of view, not what you accumulate with. Then you can compare with other ways of accumulation, like credit card purchases... .
So, another bene is that MyP's post as soon as the IHG stay posts, unlike eBates, which take forever-if they post at all. Just got the equivilent of 3300 UA miles for a 5 night IHG stay ($573 base excl taxes for 8592 pts/13000 for the 5k UA award) at 15 pts/$ in addition to the regular (12k+) IHG points. Like I said, it pays to plan ahead when they have the 15/$.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Status Free
Today's Lucky Leaf is in Spirit Halloween. Hope you get the points!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Today's Lucky Leaf is in: Freshly

Good luck!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Today's leaf is in Park 'N Fly. Last one of this game.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:14 am
JKD

major change in the video watching/points earning option ? Instead of one point per video with a max of 75 points per day, you need to watch a lot more videos ! The worst one I've seen is possibly - watch 20 videos with 59 minutes run time for SIX POINTS !

"In order to continue offering videos, we've had to change to a playlist format. This will improve the content available and reduce some of the recurring technical issues. Also, once the playlist starts, it autoplays until completion or unless paused.
The Points are displayed on each playlist prior to selecting and watching. We may make minor adjustments to Point offers for videos in the future, but unfortunately we can no longer to afford to offer 1 Point per video, however, you can earn up to 500 Points per day vs. 75 Points now.
The Points for videos watched on 9/27 will be awarded to member accounts within the next 7 days."

other changes for search, surveys and rewards were announced on Facebook ....
"Search:
We have changed the search program to award Points instantly based on a random algorithm. From 9/28 on, you will no longer earn Points for a certain number of searches but will have the opportunity to win them as you search (I won 14 Points for one search just the other day!).
Also, you can now “toggle” to web vs. shop from any page on MyPoints to do your web searches.
We will be posting Points for the number of searches you did from 9/1-9/27 to accounts within the next 7 days.
Surveys:
There are now more survey opportunities than ever once you’ve updated your survey profile! There are additional profile questions which you can choose to take and earn 5 Points for every 10 answers.
Rewards:
We are eventually transitioning to e-certs vs. physical gift cards, although we will continue to offer some physical gift card options. E-certs unfortunately will not be delivered immediately but can take 2-3 days or longer for fulfillment to be completed.
We will also be bringing back the ability to purchase e-cards and earn Points sometime in mid-October.
We realize change can be upsetting and disorienting, but we hope you will give yourselves some time to explore and acclimate to the new site as well as give us time to fix any stray bugs and glitches."

Last edited by JKD; Sep 28, 2016 at 9:27 am
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
So moving more towards how Swagbucks does it.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
So moving more towards how Swagbucks does it.
I decided to cash out this morning, and my Paypal payment just arrived;

"Note from sender, SWAGBUCKS:
Just thought you'd like to know MyPoints sent you Paypal Cash."

The only good thing from all of this is that Paypal is now available for fewer points, and they offer cashout options for as low as 480 points for a $3 Amazon gift card. Otherwise, I think it's going to be a lot more difficult to earn points other than shopping through their link unless they offer some sort of promo or bonus.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:25 am

One of the very WORST "improvements" I could ever imagine--I am finished with MyPoints!!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
They have also apparently got rid of the ability to watch videos on a browser of a mobile device.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:56 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
One good thing did happen

All my pending points are immediately available. Seems most of the rewards went up though: 5000 UA miles now 13,800 vs 13,000, etc. However, IHG bookings down to 3 pt/$. Bummer.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:21 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by JKD
Surveys:
There are now more survey opportunities than ever once you’ve updated your survey profile! There are additional profile questions which you can choose to take and earn 5 Points for every 10 answers.
There's a max number of times you can disqualify per day.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:24 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by rbAA
All my pending points are immediately available. Seems most of the rewards went up though: 5000 UA miles now 13,800 vs 13,000, etc. However, IHG bookings down to 3 pt/$. Bummer.
At 13800, I think I'm done redeeming for UA miles. Time to abandon ship.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
For a lot of the gift card redemptions, you actually get worse $/point when redeeming for higher value gift cards (although often it's very close). For example, it takes 1580 points to get 2 $5 Walmart gift cards, but 1590 points to get 1 $10 GC. tls
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
At 13800, I think I'm done redeeming for UA miles. Time to abandon ship.
Depending upon how you value UA miles, of course, but the GC's "cost" went up about 10% from previous levels (i.e. Staples $100 went from 12850 to 14,080 points,) while the UA 5000 mile reward only went up 800 points, about 6%. PayPal $100 deposit is now 15,870 so about .63 cents per point. If you value (ticket value of course,) UA miles at about 2 cents per, then it comes out at .725 cent per mile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.