Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:52 am

Well, it seems that it has already started, for example in Norway:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-no/o...ique.html.html
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:00 am

tropikey thanks for the information.
I did note that you apparently can now purchase access to Al Safwa! "Enjoy up to 15% off access to Qatar Airways' Al Mourjan Business Lounge, Premium Arrivals Lounge and Al Safwa First Lounge at Hamad International Airport."
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: LH, Qatar, Emirates, Alitalia... IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tropikey

Crossing fingers
beepee likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:05 am

@remdk: you welcome In fact, I only share information which I got from one of my fellow "talkers" at Polish fly4free forum.

If you change "no" (Norway) in url, you can access also sale in Sweden ("se"), but many countries ("de", "be", "pl", etc.) are still excluded
beepee likes this.

Last edited by tropikey; Jan 8, 2018 at 3:13 am
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold

thanks for the link. i am glad the travel festival started!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:33 am

What is weird is that some local pages, like Spain and UK, have deals until the 15th but are not related to the "Global Travel Boutique" as they call it.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Fares are currently being loaded into the various origin countries’ websites around the world, just play around with the respective country suffixes and you will see what I mean!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:47 am

Thumbs up for the infos, waiting for some golden tickets...
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:51 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

The sale thus far seems to be weak compared to last year? The companion offer is just a $30 duty free voucher or am I missing something?
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
The sale thus far seems to be weak compared to last year? The companion offer is just a $30 duty free voucher or am I missing something?
I think that the sale hasn't yet started and most sale pages are still "under construction" with offers that don't make any sense (e.g. economy 5000€, premium 1000€).

BTW: The fine print says
Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
with blackout for J from June to September.
tropikey and golfingboy like this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:12 am

Fortunately, so far they haven't applied all restrictions from T&C yet and some routes I've been observing cost the same in August as in other dates. From the other hand, it doesn't mean anything to me, as these prices are still higher than I'm willing to pay. We'll see what happens tommorrow
So far, the only really tempting offer is (from my point of view) CBR from ARN which is available (in case o two passengers travelling together) for SEK 32000 for 2 pax. However, as far as I remember, such fare was available already some time ago.

Last edited by tropikey; Jan 8, 2018 at 6:27 am
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: Some

Thanks! You can also see the general page, which hasn't yet been completed with destination and size of discount - https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...-boutique.html
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by remdk
tropikey thanks for the information.
I did note that you apparently can now purchase access to Al Safwa! "Enjoy up to 15% off access to Qatar Airways' Al Mourjan Business Lounge, Premium Arrivals Lounge and Al Safwa First Lounge at Hamad International Airport."
The terms and conditions at the bottom of the page say 'Al Maha' instead of 'Al Safwa', which is perhaps what the above is also meant to say.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I can't see that prices ex-OSL have changed yet. I've been looking at flights from Northern Europe to the Far East for several weeks, and as of just now, I'm not seeing any price reductions for my particular dates (in July) from OSL, ARN or HEL.

Maybe the banners have got ahead of loading the sale prices -or maybe this will be a 'sale' that isn't a sale.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
I can't see that prices ex-OSL have changed yet. I've been looking at flights from Northern Europe to the Far East for several weeks, and as of just now, I'm not seeing any price reductions for my particular dates (in July) from OSL, ARN or HEL.
1) Fine print says that the sale is from 01/09
2) Fine print says that all of June, July, August, and ~2 first weeks of September are blackout dates for premium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.