Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:20 am

flyalways it was the original intention that First and Business lass lounges should also cater for non OW airlines. But the rules change so rapidly that it is almost impossible to keep up! The last I heard non OW airlines were admitted BUT at the moment I am almost a stranger to HIA.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know what the Lounge Access Policy is for Children / Infants?

I am OWE travelling in Y with a non-status adult, a 2 year old and a 2 month old. Is that too many to all get into the Lounge at DOH and QR outstations?
Old May 22, 2017, 3:30 am

ianwall as far as I know children are admitted to all lounges in DOH. The same appears to be true for outstation lounges. There may be exceptions!
The only restriction appears to be that they do not disturb other lounge guests and that you are responsible for their behaviour.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks. My main query was whether I could take the 2 year old and the infant to the lounge, in addition to the 1 adult guest that I'm permitted as a OWE.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Under 2s are admitted to all lounges free and don't count as guests as far as I know. Both my kids we admitted in lounges when they were under 2 without any problem.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I'm assuming just being QR Gold flying QR Y I wouldn't have access to Al Mourjan (are there one-time passes I can use in my account? I'm a bit confused). I'm flying DPS-DOH in J, 8 hour connection, DOH-BOS in Y. Would they let me in as DPS-DOH was in J?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
My understanding of the lounge rules is that as a QR Gold you get access to the Business Class Lounge, not Al Mourjan.

Al Mourjan is for departing business class passengers only. So unfortunately you'll only get access to the business class lounge.

However, if you were to fly Y to Doha and then connect on a J flight you would get access to Al Mourjan.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by hotwingz
My understanding of the lounge rules is that as a QR Gold you get access to the Business Class Lounge, not Al Mourjan.

Al Mourjan is for departing business class passengers only. So unfortunately you'll only get access to the business class lounge.

However, if you were to fly Y to Doha and then connect on a J flight you would get access to Al Mourjan.
I feel like somewhere (wiki? am on mobile, can't see it) I saw it saying "if arriving on a long haul J", but I wonder if that implied "connecting to regional Y" - not another long haul.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm assuming just being QR Gold flying QR Y I wouldn't have access to Al Mourjan (are there one-time passes I can use in my account? I'm a bit confused). I'm flying DPS-DOH in J, 8 hour connection, DOH-BOS in Y. Would they let me in as DPS-DOH was in J?
If you arrive in doha in J and connect in Y you should have access to Al Mourjan if your connection time is not longer then 8h.
I did it several times.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
If you arrive in doha in J and connect in Y you should have access to Al Mourjan if your connection time is not longer then 8h.
I did it several times.
Doh!

8.5 hour connection. Guess that rules it out. Oh well
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Crisu69
I did it several times.
I thought the 8 hours limitation was only for Al Safwa access when arriving in F and connecting in Y or J.
One week ago I had no problem having access to Al Mourjan arriving in J and connecting in Y with a 8 hours and 45 minutes layover, but maybe I was just lucky or they only took in account the boarding time on my boarding pass (which would have made a 7h45mn layover) instead of my flight departure time...
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Matt4
I thought the 8 hours limitation was only for Al Safwa access when arriving in F and connecting in Y or J.
One week ago I had no problem having access to Al Mourjan arriving in J and connecting in Y with a 8 hours and 45 minutes layover, but maybe I was just lucky or they only took in account the boarding time on my boarding pass (which would have made a 7h45mn layover) instead of my flight departure time...
Interesting. I really doubt they "take into account" anything, since their scanners down at the escalators just beep green or red, so if it beeped green, then maybe all is well?...
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4
To be honest they told me about the 8h rule when i tried to get into al sawfa so i just copied the rule to al mourjan. Maybe i am wrong and then this rule not apply in AM.
The times before when i was in am i had only a connection time of a couple of hours so therefore never had a problem with the 8h rule if there is one in AM.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Interesting. I really doubt they "take into account" anything, since their scanners down at the escalators just beep green or red, so if it beeped green, then maybe all is well?...
They didn't scan my boarding passes at the escalator but instead told me to go to the entrance counter where, after scanning my boarding passes and a few keystrokes on their computer, allowed me into Al Mourjan.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:38 am

Pseudo Nim as far as I know the 8 hour rule was specifically for the Al Safwa lounge. I do not know if it has 'trickled down' to Al Mourjan or not! I very much doubt it because it should now be possible to purchase access to Al Mourjan according to reports on this forum 6-8 weeks ago.

Tou should try and see if you are allowed in and please report back here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.