Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: A3 Miles+Bonus
Has there been any update on the BEY lounge lately? QR seem to be hiring up for it here in Beirut (according to their site) but precious little information about opening dates, etc. online.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by remdk
MM00LL2 since there is no dedicated LHR lounge thread on this forum there can be no dedicated Wiki. The LHR lounge is covered in this thread. The only available reference to the LHR lounge is https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/l...-heathrow.html.
I've updated the Wiki regarding the LHR lounge so that there are now links to the two basic pages on the QR website with information about the LHR lounge.

The QR LHR lounge is in T4, not my favorite terminal to start with. In terms of décor, I found it pretty much the same as the CDG lounge. The dining room is a bit darker and more formal than dining at CDG; but that's undoubtedly due at least in part to the fact that the exterior walls in the dining area at CDG are all glass, making for a bright, airy feeling. IIRC, the tables and chairs at CDG are white, adding to that feeling.

I found the food at LHR of the same relatively high caliber, and the same excellent and solicitous service.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Has anyone been in Stockholm (ARN) recently and call tell me what lounge QR uses for the 22:35 departure (QR 172) and when it opens?

oneworld.com says Stockholm Arlanda Lounge which should be opening 3hrs before departure. Is that still accurate?

Are there any other lounges in T5 that can be visited with oneworld status that might be opened more than 3hrs before departure as well? I have a longer layover in ARN and would like to make most use of my time by working in an lounge as much as possible.

Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by hotwingz
Has anyone been in Stockholm (ARN) recently and call tell me what lounge QR uses for the 22:35 departure (QR 172) and when it opens?

oneworld.com says Stockholm Arlanda Lounge which should be opening 3hrs before departure. Is that still accurate?

Are there any other lounges in T5 that can be visited with oneworld status that might be opened more than 3hrs before departure as well? I have a longer layover in ARN and would like to make most use of my time by working in an lounge as much as possible.
That's correct, although it's the common lounge for most non-*A non-Schengen flights, so it may be open earlier than 3 hours before, if other flights are departing earlier. It's perfectly pleasant, but underwhelming - there's plenty of free, fast wifi at ARN, so you could just find a quiet corner of the non-Schengen pier if it's not open beforehand

No other OW lounges - it's all contract lounges at ARN
hotwingz likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
flying first time ex LHR with QR in a few weeks. on a J ticket as Emerald (BAEC GGL) with travel companion.

is there an F lounge in LHR and/or what's the best lounge for us to use?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
flying first time ex LHR with QR in a few weeks. on a J ticket as Emerald (BAEC GGL) with travel companion.

is there an F lounge in LHR and/or what's the best lounge for us to use?
Just the (very good) QR Premium Lounge is available based on J or F travel. The only other lounge is the Skyteam one for travel based on status and those with guests.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Just the (very good) QR Premium Lounge is available based on J or F travel. The only other lounge is the Skyteam one for travel based on status and those with guests.
Or potentially the MH F lounge, which is looking quite tatty in comparison to QR, and food considerably worse. Only perk is that it may be more quiet, however its opening times are not that clear (all day vs. 3 hours before the MH am/pm flights).
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
I'm flying out of JNB tomorrow on QR1360. Should I use the contract lounge QR uses or would the BA lounge be better?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by john1987
HI,
i am transferring in LHR.
does anybody has a view about the QR lounge T4 versus Fist class lounge BA T5?
does QR has a first class lounge? is emerald Member able to use it?
thanks
At LHR, as in most other European airports, you can only access the departure area of the terminal you are travelling from. You therefore won't have a choice. QR has only one (very good) lounge but only available if you fly J or F. If you are flying Y on QR but Emerald you can use the MH lounge or the Skyteam lounge.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Bah. Looks like QR ended their partnership with the VS lounge at IAD. Off to the Priority Pass filled TK lounge now.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flip42
I'm flying out of JNB tomorrow on QR1360. Should I use the contract lounge QR uses or would the BA lounge be better?
Hopefully you made your way to the BA lounge which is indeed better.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Has anyone been to KUL since QR moved to the Plaza Premium First lounge? Only opened in July, and not to be confused with the main Plaza Premium Lounge. I wouldn't normally bother, but of course the MH Platinum lounge is closed for refurb and I'm in KL next week

The main PP lounge was fine, but a bit worn and busy at times. Not sure if PP F will be any better, but you can't buy access. Not sure which other airlines use it
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by kt74
Has anyone been to KUL since QR moved to the Plaza Premium First lounge? Only opened in July, and not to be confused with the main Plaza Premium Lounge. I wouldn't normally bother, but of course the MH Platinum lounge is closed for refurb and I'm in KL next week

The main PP lounge was fine, but a bit worn and busy at times. Not sure if PP F will be any better, but you can't buy access. Not sure which other airlines use it
...was there two weeks ago. Small lounge but has better catering than PP lounge including a made-to-order dining menu.
kt74 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: qr
Visited the Menzies lounge in Prague twice on and ex EU trip down to BKK . Very poor offering and staff uninterested in service delivery. Not much food or drink and tables left uncleared. There were some nice view overlooking the runway and stands, although Prague is hardly busy in comparison to other EU airports.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Bah. Looks like QR ended their partnership with the VS lounge at IAD. Off to the Priority Pass filled TK lounge now.
Can anyone else confirm this? Flying out of IAD in two weeks and trying to figure out my lounge plan. If this is correct does that mean TK is the only option? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.