Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Why did they lock so many accounts?

The person called Kung who advises to send personal details to this address could be a scam.

Letter Box 62, 11th Floor, UBN Tower
No. 10 Jalan P Ramlee
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

After I sent all the information, the communication was completely lost. I sent several emails but no response at all. I am really concerned and will never stay at this hotel.
Troubling indeed - I'd advise you to never email or post scanned documents over as a rule of thumb. My account was reactivated by just confirming address and date of birth after I specifically said that I would not be sending them anything of the sort.

I can tell you for a fact that others might have trouble relaying even those bits of personal info through email too. Everyone's privacy violation gauge is different.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: SPG P, HH G, MR G, IHG P, Hyatt D
GC saga

When GC did the promo last year and you had to play the game for 6 weeks my wife and daughter also signed for GC and got the points after completion. When I tried to look in to their account, even though the account was open last year no the message I received was a error message. But GC account # and password were correct since I had written them down. So it took me 2-3 days of several e-mail with the GC service center in HKG to get them reopened. Finally all is ok again. I redeemed 1000 GC points for a 100$ F&B voucher. They are issued for a certain property which one can choose and one has 6 month to redeem. I am using mine at a Shangri-La in China for Thanksgiving dinner buffet tonight. Happy Thanksgiving.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:30 am

So I was able to take my family of 4 to the seafood buffet during our Sydney vacation using all the points earned from the game for three people. They had crabs/prawns/bugs (what we'd call small lobsters). Combined with the park hyatt point stay and SPG Moment package, everyone was so happy and I came out as the hero!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:57 am

Triple the Points, Triple the Fun!" promotion. We invite you to stay at any one of our 41 hotels across mainland China, or to enjoy our award-winning restaurants and CHI, The Spa as a non-staying guest – you will earn triple GC Award Points for all qualifying spending from 1 December 2014 to 28 February 2015.

http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBU...xTCKy/doc.html
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Staying in Yangon for 2 nights in late Jan. Possible to redeem Avios/UA/Chase/AA points for the stay? If not, are there any promotions I should know about? Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
I just realised I wasn't credited any Circle points for my meals at Shangri-La at the Shard, I know it's most likely too late and I lost my receipts but is there a way to get them credited? I wasn't staying at the time.

Also can you use the spa as a non-guest, I think you can at other hotels under the brand but unsure of Shangri-La at the Shard.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Stayed at the Shangri-La Sydney for the first time and I was very impressed.

The service was exceptional, the concierge were extremely attentive and polite. Booked a Grand Harbour View Room on points, using my BA Avios as an anniversary gift to my fiancee and upon check-in my request of a room on a high floor was granted - level 23.
The young girl on check-in asked me the reason for my stay and then saw to it that a bottle of champagne and chocolates were brought to the room some time later, which was a nice touch.

We ate at a restaurant in the City as the ones in the Hotel were closed. Valet parking were expedient in their summoning of a taxi.
Upon our return we ordered dessert and to be blunt, it was lacking in quality, quantity and range. Quite expensively priced too for what it was.

The morning of check-out, we ordered room service breakfast and we were both massively impressed. The amount of food, the quality and the fact we were able to eat in our own room, with such an unprecedented view made it all the more special. We utilised the express check-out on our departure but not before experiencing some more, world class customer service.
Valet again, on leaving the hotel, were expedient in having our car waiting.

All in all, well worth the points redemption and I must say, up there with the Intercontinental for me as the best Hotel in Sydney.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by StoobyDoo
I just realised I wasn't credited any Circle points for my meals at Shangri-La at the Shard, I know it's most likely too late and I lost my receipts but is there a way to get them credited? I wasn't staying at the time.
Even if you had your receipt you wouldn't get the meal cost credited afterwards. I tried via GC and they said they only credit for meals if you present your card at the time you are there.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
Even if you had your receipt you wouldn't get the meal cost credited afterwards. I tried via GC and they said they only credit for meals if you present your card at the time you are there.
That sucks and it's doubly annoying as I don't have the card

I'll remember for the future though, thanks
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
I know there is currently a "Less is More" promo (giving discounts on GC points redemption) which runs to end of Feb.

Is it likely given past/history that a similar promo will be run for later periods in 2015 including June? We are staying at Shan Rosa-Ria in BKI, and I am needing to redeem for a n exec suite @7000 points per night - under the promo it would be 30-40% less - which would enable me to redeem for more nights.

Also - if once makes a GC points booking at current point levels and promo goes up, can one cancel a GC points reservation and rebook? Is there a penalty for cancelling GC points reservations? I read the T&Cs but it doesn't mention it other than local hotel/resort cancellation rules (which I assume means prior to 24 hours before or you lose one night's stay).....
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by alect
I know there is currently a "Less is More" promo (giving discounts on GC points redemption) which runs to end of Feb.

Is it likely given past/history that a similar promo will be run for later periods in 2015 including June? We are staying at Shan Rosa-Ria in BKI, and I am needing to redeem for a n exec suite @7000 points per night - under the promo it would be 30-40% less - which would enable me to redeem for more nights.
IIRC, they have these promotions regularly but I'm not too sure whether they do it multiple times per year.

Its usually once a year I think...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
The Less is More promotions have been running continuously for some time now. As soon as one ends, another one goes live with slightly different conditions or properties to the previous one. They usually last 2-3 months each. So while you don't necessarily know what the next promotion will be like after the current one, you can be almost certain that there will always be some sort of Less is More promotion around throughout the year. ^
Old May 26, 2015, 2:40 am

I have Golden Circle points expiring at the end of the year. If I redeem these for dining vouchers just before the year end, will these still be valid for 6 months?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
And how long do Shangri-La points transfers take? I've been waiting for almost two weeks for a transfer to Aeroplan.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by tuscanyx
So I was able to take my family of 4 to the seafood buffet during our Sydney vacation using all the points earned from the game for three people. They had crabs/prawns/bugs (what we'd call small lobsters). Combined with the park hyatt point stay and SPG Moment package, everyone was so happy and I came out as the hero!
No I don't think that's possible max 2 voucherser booking .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.