Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Isochronous
T&C clause 9 suggests that a China Visa must be presented at check-in:

9. Cardholders must present any Visa China (Platinum, Signature or Infinite) credit card upon check-in to confirm eligibility of the promotional benefits.
That's interesting, the Chinese T&Cs (http://www.shangri-la.com/cn/offers/...on_code=CNVISA) state:

9. 持卡人必须在办理入住手续时出示Visa Platinum 白金卡, Signature 卡或Infinite 无限卡,以便享受相关权益。
A literal translation would be: '9. The cardholder must present at check-in a Visa Platinum card, a Signature card or an Infinite card in order to make use of the benefit.' (There is no mention in the Chinese T&Cs that the Visa Platinum/Signature/Infinite card must be issued in China)

OTOH, the English T&Cs which you have quoted mentions 'any Visa China (Platinum, Signature or Infinite) credit card'.

Most likely YMMV...
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Shangri-La Golden Circle Rollover Nights - what to do ?
Currently Jade status with 24 nights as at Aug-2016. Projecting my future trips, I would add another 23 nights by year end.
So, should I :
(a) squeeze in another 3 nights, to get Diamond status for 2017, I would need another 20/50 nights to renew Jade/Diamond status for 2018, or
(b) rollover 27 nights to 2017, get Jade status for 2018 renewed immediately, and if I understand correctly, I would then only need another 23 nights in 2017 to get Diamond status for 2017/2018.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Anyone know what 3 flights means for the Infinite Journeys promo?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by remymartin
Anyone know what 3 flights means for the Infinite Journeys promo?
I asked KrisFlyer and this was their reply:
Regarding the flight requirement, members are required to travel three flight sectors regardless of bookings made. For example, a round-trip between Singapore and Phuket in a booking is considered to have two flight sectors.

Members can proceed to link both accounts anytime at their convenience. However, if the planned flight is early next year, members should only register for status match nearer to the travel dates. Please note that ‘Linking’ and ‘Registration’ are two different steps.

You may login to your Golden Circle account and link your KrisFlyer account by adding your KrisFlyer Membership Number to your Golden Circle account. Once the accounts are linked, click on ‘Register’. Registration for status match should be done nearer to the travel dates as flights need to be completed within four months from the date of registration.
So basically Link now but Register for Status Match once you are GC Jade and are going to take your first flight. You need 3 sectors so thats 1 1/2 round trips technically within 4 months from when you Register for Status Match.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by meremale
Shangri-La Golden Circle Rollover Nights - what to do ?
Currently Jade status with 24 nights as at Aug-2016. Projecting my future trips, I would add another 23 nights by year end.
So, should I :
(a) squeeze in another 3 nights, to get Diamond status for 2017, I would need another 20/50 nights to renew Jade/Diamond status for 2018, or
(b) rollover 27 nights to 2017, get Jade status for 2018 renewed immediately, and if I understand correctly, I would then only need another 23 nights in 2017 to get Diamond status for 2017/2018.
I understand once you get Diamond you are Diamond until Dec 31 of the next year. So if you achieve Diamond on Dec 31, 2016, you get Diamond until Dec 31, 2017.

If you stay Jade and become Jade again in 2017 because of your 27 extra nights from 2016, you thus have the entire 2017 to do 23 more nights to get Diamond which you may get to keep for longer as it would be until Dec 31, 2018.

So Plan B sounds better to keep the status longer.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by kzap
I asked KrisFlyer and this was their reply:

So basically Link now but Register for Status Match once you are GC Jade and are going to take your first flight. You need 3 sectors so thats 1 1/2 round trips technically within 4 months from when you Register for Status Match.
thank you very much, kzap!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:04 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Golden Circle and Taj Inner Circle partnering Loyalty programs

See attached for further details:

https://skift.com/2016/11/29/taj-and...-loyalty-play/

Among others, status match and points conversion will be rolled out when the new program "Warmer Welcomes" will be launched in March 2017.

I guess we will get more details as this unfolds. Having stayed at Taj properties before, this sounds like a good fir for Shangri-La and much enhanced redemption opportunities across the Taj network.

Initial thoughts anyone?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:57 am

If anyone was looking for the link to Link Status, its on the Infinite Journeys website:
http://www.shangri-la.com/corporate/...nite-journeys/
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:23 am
JRK
Original Poster

Two different things....

Originally Posted by kzap
If anyone was looking for the link to Link Status, its on the Infinite Journeys website:
http://www.shangri-la.com/corporate/...nite-journeys/
They are two different things. This link is for the status match with SQ (can match once for one year, than need to qualify under SQ terms; thanks for sharing BdW).

The other news is on a Hotel Loyalty program match between Taj and SL. Details outstanding, but my understanding is that this would be an ongoing match of status levels and reciprocity earn and burn opportunities.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Signed up for an account as I'll be having dinner at one of the Shangri-la property restaurants with some friends. Hope the points post, have the app loaded to show my membership card.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Signed up for an account as I'll be having dinner at one of the Shangri-la property restaurants with some friends. Hope the points post, have the app loaded to show my membership card.
Points posted but damn the DCC in China..
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Just managed on 30th December to turn in my sole 500 points for a $50 dining award. You do have to specify which hotel you want the award for when you redeem, which obviously limits any flexibility with the voucher. The voucher can be printed at home or work, no mailing necessary.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Hi folks. Has anyone had their nights/stays from 2016 roll over to the new year yet? I had 42 qualifying nights last year and therefore hoping that 22 will count towards getting Diamond status this year. My account has reverted to 0 nights/stays as of 1 Jan though... Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:24 pm
JRK
Original Poster

GC carry over nights

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Hi folks. Has anyone had their nights/stays from 2016 roll over to the new year yet? I had 42 qualifying nights last year and therefore hoping that 22 will count towards getting Diamond status this year. My account has reverted to 0 nights/stays as of 1 Jan though... Thanks
Just got confirmation that a software update is pending and roll over nights should show in members accounts by early Feb..... just a bit more patience required.... I am also looking forward to seeing my rollover nights (only 19 though) reflected in the online account.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JRK
Just got confirmation that a software update is pending and roll over nights should show in members accounts by early Feb..... just a bit more patience required.... I am also looking forward to seeing my rollover nights (only 19 though) reflected in the online account.
Brilliant. Thanks for that. Saves me bothering them too with the same enquiry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.