Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:53 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
any Golden Circle member - it is a basic program benefit, not restricted to elite levels.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by JRK
any Golden Circle member - it is a basic program benefit, not restricted to elite levels.
That's cool.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Some
Shangri-La Doha is being deflagged at the end of the month. I've only stayed once but was fairly impressed at the time. Oh well.
Isochronous likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Shangri-La Doha is being deflagged at the end of the month. I've only stayed once but was fairly impressed at the time. Oh well.
now a JW Marriott Marquis Hotel.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
​​​​​​​Me, too. That's a shame. There was also a Traders on the drawing board for Doha that never happened (though that's hardly unusual, especially in this part of the world).
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:55 pm

Is it still possible to redeem points for dining credit, directly at the restaurant (at participating locations of course)? Also, do we have to be staying at the hotel to use our points for the restaurants? I did a search and it looks like we don't need to be staying. Will the hotel restaurant convert the currency to the local currency since the amounts are listed in USD?

Thanks in advance. I am not as familiar with this program.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold Shangri-la Jade Hilton Diamond IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Is it still possible to redeem points for dining credit, directly at the restaurant (at participating locations of course)? Also, do we have to be staying at the hotel to use our points for the restaurants? I did a search and it looks like we don't need to be staying. Will the hotel restaurant convert the currency to the local currency since the amounts are listed in USD?

Thanks in advance. I am not as familiar with this program.
Yes you can redeem points for dining, directly at the restaurant (unless you are combining with other promos, in which case ymmv), no you do not have to be staying at the hotel, and yes, the restaurant will do a currency conversion.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
That's a shame, especially for a property that is only 3 years old. I stayed during the soft opening in Jan 2016 and was very impressed.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:01 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Are there any ongoing promotions for expedited status or matches? I'm thinking of shooting for top status with Shangri-La since I'm essentially already requalified for all hotel statuses for the year, but ideally would prefer not to slum it on the way up for 30 nights.

Could match from pretty much anything.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
Hi, new to this part of the forum, my other half is already Jade status - just want to understand whether it would be valuable for us to book through Luxury Circle agents...
Could I clarify the below points please:

1) If we were to book through a Luxury Circle agent, we would essentially be paying the difference between a no-prepayment and prepayment rate, in exchange for a 1 room upgrade up under suite level and USD100/50 spending credit at the hotel (per stay)
2) Is the rate then still a flexible rate and can cancel / change the # of nights on the fly?
3) Is the receipt still from Shangri La at checkout (i.e. for business expense claiming)
4) What is the value (or value limit) of the in-room breakfast if opted instead of the restaurant breakfast?

Thanks!

Last edited by sparkj; Jul 30, 2019 at 5:59 am
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by helvetic
Are there any ongoing promotions for expedited status or matches? I'm thinking of shooting for top status with Shangri-La since I'm essentially already requalified for all hotel statuses for the year, but ideally would prefer not to slum it on the way up for 30 nights.

Could match from pretty much anything.
Match from Taj Platinum.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:28 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by skaya
Match from Taj Platinum.
Don't imagine there's an easy way to get Taj Platinum then… or Singapore Airlines status.

Guess I'll have to earn this the slow way… starting tomorrow.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold Shangri-la Jade Hilton Diamond IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sparkj
Hi, new to this part of the forum, my other half is already Jade status - just want to understand whether it would be valuable for us to book through Luxury Circle agents...
Could I clarify the below points please:

1) If we were to book through a Luxury Circle agent, we would essentially be paying the difference between a no-prepayment and prepayment rate, in exchange for a 1 room upgrade up under suite level and USD100/50 spending credit at the hotel (per stay)
Yes
2) Is the rate then still a flexible rate and can cancel / change the # of nights on the fly?
I suppose you could change the number of nights, but can't confirm. for cancellation, in my experience, it's straightforward. i just cancelled through the app.
3) Is the receipt still from Shangri La at checkout (i.e. for business expense claiming)
yes
4) What is the value (or value limit) of the in-room breakfast if opted instead of the restaurant breakfast?
they didn't mention it, but it covered what i needed. I just selected a breakfast off the menu. this was after the morning buffet service had already finished, so it was a nice benefit.

Thanks!
sparkj likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IamNotaDiamond
Yes
I suppose you could change the number of nights, but can't confirm. for cancellation, in my experience, it's straightforward. i just cancelled through the app.
yes
they didn't mention it, but it covered what i needed. I just selected a breakfast off the menu. this was after the morning buffet service had already finished, so it was a nice benefit.
Thanks so much for this!

I have one more question... If I were to make a booking (in this case a prepayment rate), under my name, for 2 adults, and I will be paying and staying in the room along with my partner... would I be able to ask the hotel to credit the eligible nights / GC points to my partner's account?

Reason being I will be staying 4 nights in this trip, and can make use of the CIti Prestige 3 night + 1 free night programme which has to be under my name.

(I asked the hotline and the official answer is no, but I'm hoping you guys may have more real life experiences to share :P)
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Apologies if this was answered before, but is there a specific way to redeem a non-room award (spa or food/bev) for my sister? Do I need to nominate her, redeem the award, and provide the information on the award to her? I looked around and didn’t find much great information on the Website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.