Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Just managed on 30th December to turn in my sole 500 points for a $50 dining award. You do have to specify which hotel you want the award for when you redeem, which obviously limits any flexibility with the voucher. The voucher can be printed at home or work, no mailing necessary.
You don't need any voucher. You just go to a Shangri-La hotel
to dine and show your GC number. That's it. They do 10pts->$1 conversion.
Done it many times, the best benefit.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
yes when paying the bill at the restaurant you can use your cards and deduct 10 GC -> $1

but if you want to deduct from your F&B charges on your room you can only use the vouchers which start at $50.

so best is to use at the restaurant right away
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
As my points were expiring I went ahead and issued a voucher. Looking at it in pure cashback terms I think it is a decent deal for a two night stay a couple of years back, which is where my 513 points came from.

The cashback basically equaled $50 for two nights at a very cheap rate, about $70 a night, three summers ago at the Traders Hotel in Abu Dhabi. Really not bad!

Last edited by Concerto; Feb 18, 2017 at 6:30 am Reason: updated info
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

With effect from today, Shangri-La has changed the available benefits for reservations made through travel agents participating in the Luxury Circle programme.

Previously, the Luxury Circle benefits were:
  • Upgrade to the next room type category at the time of booking (subject to availability)
  • Upgrade to Jade tier in the Golden Circle Rewards programme following the stay
  • Dining credit of USD 100 (or 10% of average daily room rate, whichever is higher) per stay
  • Complimentary daily full breakfast for two, including in-room dining
  • Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
  • Welcome amenity

In general, the Luxury Circle rate is the same as the Best Available Rate.

However, starting today, Shangri-La is removing the second benefit listed above (upgrade to Golden Circle Jade tier). In addition, the USD 100 dining credit is being lowered to USD 50 at the following properties in China, Indonesia and Malaysia:
  • Shangri-La Hotel Baotou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Beihai
  • Shangri-La Hotel Changchun
  • Shangri-La Hotel Changzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Dalian
  • Shangri-La Hotel Fuzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Haikou
  • Shangri-La's Sanya Resort & Spa Hainan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Hefei
  • Shangri-La Hotel Huhhot
  • Shangri-La Hotel Nanchang
  • Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qingdao
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qinhuangdao
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qufu
  • Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang
  • Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen
  • Shangri-La Hotel Suzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Tangshan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Tianjin
  • Shangri-La Hotel Wenzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Yangzhou
  • Hylandia by Shangri-La, Yunnan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya
  • Putrajaya Shangri-La, Malaysia

I think it is disappointing that no advance warning was given of the changes.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JRK
Just got confirmation that a software update is pending and roll over nights should show in members accounts by early Feb..... just a bit more patience required.... I am also looking forward to seeing my rollover nights (only 19 though) reflected in the online account.
Just to update that my rollover nights from last year have now posted
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by paul00
With effect from today, Shangri-La has changed the available benefits for reservations made through travel agents participating in the Luxury Circle programme.
<snip>
However, starting today, Shangri-La is removing the second benefit listed above (upgrade to Golden Circle Jade tier). In addition, the USD 100 dining credit is being lowered to USD 50 at the following properties in China, Indonesia and Malaysia:
<snip>
But if we booked before Feb 10th, it should be honored with previous benefit right?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
probably not, best to email/call hotel and find out
Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I will be returning to the Traders Hotel in Abu Dhabi in a few weeks time, albeit at a much higher rate per night. With the new Golden Circle program, so to speak, will I still be able to collect points even though I booked through hotels.com? Last time this actually worked and it led me to believe that Golden Circle was one of the few programs that actually don't penalize you for booking through third parties, such as OTAs.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Concerto
I will be returning to the Traders Hotel in Abu Dhabi in a few weeks time, albeit at a much higher rate per night. With the new Golden Circle program, so to speak, will I still be able to collect points even though I booked through hotels.com? Last time this actually worked and it led me to believe that Golden Circle was one of the few programs that actually don't penalize you for booking through third parties, such as OTAs.
I'm also interested to hear whether this will work for an upcoming stay in March.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Is this the comprehensive list of properties affected by the $50 change?

Previously, the Luxury Circle benefits were:
  • Upgrade to the next room type category at the time of booking (subject to availability)
  • Upgrade to Jade tier in the Golden Circle Rewards programme following the stay
  • Dining credit of USD 100 (or 10% of average daily room rate, whichever is higher) per stay
  • Complimentary daily full breakfast for two, including in-room dining
  • Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
  • Welcome amenity

In general, the Luxury Circle rate is the same as the Best Available Rate.

• Shangri-La Hotel Baotou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Beihai
  • Shangri-La Hotel Changchun
  • Shangri-La Hotel Changzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Dalian
  • Shangri-La Hotel Fuzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Haikou
  • Shangri-La's Sanya Resort & Spa Hainan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Hefei
  • Shangri-La Hotel Huhhot
  • Shangri-La Hotel Nanchang
  • Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qingdao
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qinhuangdao
  • Shangri-La Hotel Qufu
  • Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang
  • Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen
  • Shangri-La Hotel Suzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Tangshan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Tianjin
  • Shangri-La Hotel Wenzhou
  • Shangri-La Hotel Yangzhou
  • Hylandia by Shangri-La, Yunnan
  • Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya
  • Putrajaya Shangri-La, Malaysia

I think it is disappointing that no advance warning was given of the changes.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Is this the comprehensive list of properties affected by the $50 change?
Yes, with effect from 10 February 2017, the USD 100 dining credit has been reduced to USD 50 for bookings made through the Luxury Circle programme only for stays at these 25 properties.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Yes, with effect from 10 February 2017, the USD 100 dining credit has been reduced to USD 50 for bookings made through the Luxury Circle programme only for stays at these 25 properties.
I just booked a Wuhan stay, got a $50/cny350 credit.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
I just booked a Wuhan stay, got a $50/cny350 credit.
Oops Shangri-La Hotel Wuhan should have been included in the list (so a total of 26, not 25, properties offer a dining credit of USD 50 rather than USD 100).

(Source: http://fbitravel.com.au/about-us/our...ry-circle.html)

Thanks for pointing this out, TOMFORD!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: CLUB 19 MEMBERSHIP
Thumbs down Club 19 membership : Do not buy

Review for Shangri-La’s Eros club 19 Membership, New Delhi
RECOMMENDATION: DON’T BUY, YOU WILL ONLY GET 3 STAR SERVICES AS A MEMBER
Had taken a room with my wife, ac was not working. It took them 2 hours to figure out that the ac can’t be repaired and after a fight we were given another room at 4’0’Clock in the morning, so night spoiled.
Checked Shangri-La’s official website, rooms were available but still not allocated.
THIS IS HOW SHANGRILLA TREATED HIS CUSTOMERS. THEN IN MORNING AFTER TALKING TO THE DUTY MANAGER SUNNY SHARMA came to realize nothing will happen “COZ I AM CLUB 19 MEMBER SO GIVEN THE 3 STAR SERVICE”
After having dinner at Tamra restaurant, we were tired and went to room and slept. After some time realized AC is not working, infact not working from the start. SERVICES AND THE CONDITION OF THE ROOM WAS NOT CHECKED BEFORE ALLOCATING SINCE I AM CLUB 19 MEMBER and was also availing the complimentary room voucher.
I bought the membership with my own money and the cost is much more than the room cost. Till date i have only used COMPLIMENTARY ROOM voucher
Talked to SUNNY SHARMA (DUTY MANAGER) in morning and he said you are availing the complementary room voucher so we can’t do anything for you, seems as if he has gifted me the 14000 CLUB 19 membership and now favoring us by giving the room.
I HAD TORN THE MEMBERSHIP BOOKLET WITH ALL OTHER COUPONS AND GIVEN IT TO SUNNY SHARMA. It took almost 6 months to book a room since there are only few rooms in number that can be allotted to the members and that too are not in a proper condition are defective in some or other way.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Do they offer status match from other hotel programs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.