FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:01 am
iFlip23

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
Stayed at the Shangri-La Sydney for the first time and I was very impressed.

The service was exceptional, the concierge were extremely attentive and polite. Booked a Grand Harbour View Room on points, using my BA Avios as an anniversary gift to my fiancee and upon check-in my request of a room on a high floor was granted - level 23.
The young girl on check-in asked me the reason for my stay and then saw to it that a bottle of champagne and chocolates were brought to the room some time later, which was a nice touch.

We ate at a restaurant in the City as the ones in the Hotel were closed. Valet parking were expedient in their summoning of a taxi.
Upon our return we ordered dessert and to be blunt, it was lacking in quality, quantity and range. Quite expensively priced too for what it was.

The morning of check-out, we ordered room service breakfast and we were both massively impressed. The amount of food, the quality and the fact we were able to eat in our own room, with such an unprecedented view made it all the more special. We utilised the express check-out on our departure but not before experiencing some more, world class customer service.
Valet again, on leaving the hotel, were expedient in having our car waiting.

All in all, well worth the points redemption and I must say, up there with the Intercontinental for me as the best Hotel in Sydney.