Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Pfar

MCO has a lot of new 15 Tahoe and yukons. If you request they will dig out a SLT or LTZ. I got a new ltz suburban. With 8 miles with all but rear DVD.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:12 pm

Long timer viewer here. Let me say this site has been invaluable to me.

Anyway, which side, A or B is usually better? I am emerald aisle and will be arriving on Saturday, September 20th about 8:30am and was wondering what I can expect to see out there.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:41 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I'm flying in tonight. Will report back on what I see.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:42 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Last night... was a crap night at MCO. Both sides. And really indicative of my recent experiences with National service at MCO.

Lots of Jeep Compasses, Patriots, Chevy Captivas, Suburbans/Tahoes, and Caravans. And attitude when I dared ask for anything different.

NRAC- "But sir, how could you NOT want this upgrade?" (points at Suburban)
me- "I'll take it - if you allow me to return it with an empty tank of gas".
NRAC- "But what about a Compass"
me- "It has less interior space and is more uncomfortable than any midsize you have"

I walked back to the counter, talked to a manager, walked back out, and grabbed a Murano that had just been returned.

In short... National's MCO fleet is terrible, all of the decent cars appear to be at Alamo, and the service is terrible (Except for the one extremely bubbly manager at the counter, but that experience was destroyed by the surly manager in the lot... who badmouthed me in Spanish to one of her colleagues, and I proceeded to tell off in Spanish).
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:17 pm

Thank you MKT for the update. I leave in a week and just saw I can book a Fusion with Budget for almost $100 less so after hearing your experiences I may just go with that.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:09 pm

I have been down to Orlando twice in the past two weeks and rented a luxury both timed . Both times the Aisle was empty. Of course the aisle is only two spaces on the B side maybe three.

Both times I was taken to Alamo. The first time they had one Volvo SUV. The second time they had three Volvo station wagon's and two Cadillacs. Don't expect much.

Someone else said they were hiding the premium luxury in Alamo. Where? I just don't think they have anything
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:18 am

Hi all - will be renting two vehicles at MCO this weekend. One on Saturday (around 8pm) and another around noon on Sunday. Have preference for minivan and SUV (or a standard car with high seat position). What do you think the choice is likely to be at this time of the year?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Plates
Hi all - will be renting two vehicles at MCO this weekend. One on Saturday (around 8pm) and another around noon on Sunday. Have preference for minivan and SUV (or a standard car with high seat position). What do you think the choice is likely to be at this time of the year?
Hi all, would appreciate any feedback on above, arriving in a few hours. Also as there seems to be a lot of discussion about the A and B sides does anyone know if I have a choice of which side to go to, or if I'm stuck with the side we arrive on?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
If you're got a premium res at MCO, it might be worthwhile to wait for a manager to float by when the reserve aisles are empty (I was given my choice of specialty vehicles on the Alamo side... ended up grabbing a Camaro because I had just finished driving one out in CA)
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'd personally consider most fleet V6 Camaros a downgrade on a PCAR res... and coming from Alamo, I'd worry about mileage as well. What other options did you have from Specialty from Alamo?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
Don't ask me why, but this Camaro only had a starting mileage around 6k, so it wasn't bad at all mileage-wise (especially for Alamo). There were a few Mustang convertibles kicking around, some shiny looking Tahoes (that were complete overkill for me, traveling solo). I think they were pretty much out of premium sedans to be perfectly honest, premium and luxury were both totally empty on the National side and I didn't see much in specialty either.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by roymustang
premium and luxury were both totally empty on the National side and I didn't see much in specialty either.
Do any other MCO regulars know if the ER sections are actually being used? Or has MCO fallen in line as another station completely disregarding ER?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:40 pm

Any recent reports from MCO? I have a 3-day One-Two-Free res coming up, so I'll be confined to ES.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Saturday - 830, B Side

Between Weekend/Christmas, Sedan only in ES with the exception of 3 Escapes...choose your color of Camry, Verano, New 200, Malibu, Fusion. My selection (Free Day dropped off in TPA) - Fusion Titanium, 200 mi odo, Gold, FL plates
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:47 pm

Did you notice the spec of the New 200s (S vs. Limited)? And the Escapes (any Titanium or Limited)?

Surprised to still see the Verano kicking around (though I guess it would make sense to be dumped into rental fleets... outgoing model based on an old body style and not selling well at retail).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.