Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA Silver
Ya'll mentioned tons of full size sedans and big trucks. Did you notice if they stocked SUVs or minivans in the Executive aisle recently? Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by cba13
Ya'll mentioned tons of full size sedans and big trucks. Did you notice if they stocked SUVs or minivans in the Executive aisle recently? Thanks!
Yes, they had Tahoes, Explorers and Enclaves two weeks ago.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by cba13
They had a bunch of stuff last Wednesday, at a glance it looked like a solid variety. But I got into a 300 w/leather (PXAR) that was in the first stall so I didn't catch the details of the SUVs.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:52 pm

Saw a '15 Ford Edge Titanium this weekend. Even equipped with a panoramic roof.

EcoBoost, not sure if 2.0L or 2.7L.

**I see the Titanium doesn't have a 2.7L as an option. That's a bit of a bummer as the 2.0L might be a bit underpowered.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Saw a '15 Ford Edge Titanium this weekend. Even equipped with a panoramic roof.

EcoBoost, not sure if 2.0L or 2.7L.

**I see the Titanium doesn't have a 2.7L as an option. That's a bit of a bummer as the 2.0L might be a bit underpowered.
Its a turbo charged 2.0L. They have it in the Escape, and it has a lot of power.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by KevinMD
Its a turbo charged 2.0L. They have it in the Escape, and it has a lot of power.
It looked really nice. Glad National is still ordering them in Limited/Titanium trim!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:55 am

There was a Jeep Renegade Limited today. You don't see that everyday! Pretty neat.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriot Titanium, AA Platinum, National Emerald Club Executive
I came through there late September. Nothing of great note in either EA or ES. The only "nice" options in ES had 20k+ miles and/or stunk of smoke.
I had a premium reservation, being Executive, but the premium aisle was basically empty with a couple of large SUVs parked there, but not options I was looking for. I asked the attendant, and was told that they had the premium options in the back, since they had a large number of reservations for that day. They brought out a new Impala V6 for me to take. It was an okay rental, and suited my needs. But, was fairly bare bones as far as options go. The real annoyance was the added time it took to get my rental put me squarely in rush hour traffic. Since it's not normal practice to have the premium options hidden, I wonder how many others with premium reservations ended up with a non premium car.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:27 pm

Saw some new '16 Charger R/Ts with HEMI and 8.4" screen. Very interesting addition. I believe they're still FCARs.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by OSULugan
Since it's not normal practice to have the premium options hidden, I wonder how many others with premium reservations ended up with a non premium car.
I've been to this location a couple of times and they normally have the nicer cars in the back next to the office. However if you have a Premium reservation and talk to the people in the office, they are always willing to work with you
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I was surprised at how nice and how new all the cars in the Executive area were. Picked out a very appropriately DC officious looking black Tahoe. Got in and realized it only had 195 miles on it. It was a very nice ride! The Apple CarPlay feature on a lot of the newer GMs is very nice too. No need to figure out specific GPS details as it's basically your iPhone displayed on the GPS screen.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:43 pm

Was there a few weeks ago on a Wed afternoon - exec section was quiet and had some good choices. several limited expeditions and took a 2016 XTS which I regretted after I noticed the mileage and that the seat killed my back
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:27 pm

Been a while since this has had a reply! Just stopped in this evening and there were:

Expedition
Grand Cherokee
Charger
BUNCH of Journeys
Fusion
Ram1500s
Kia Sedona
Chrysler Pacifica
GMC Yukon
Hyundai Tuscon
Impala
Old May 15, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: National (Executive)
As some commenters have mentioned before, the EA and ES are somewhat jumbled. They don't seem to ever accidentally put the best ES cars in EA, but you might get lucky with plainer ES fare.

I arrived on Friday, May 12 to find many dirty cars waiting to be washed, but also more than enough that were ready to go in the Executive Selection.

Trucks/Vans:
Ford F-150 SuperCrew
Chrysler Pacifica
Ram 1500 Hemi

SUVs:
Jeep Grand Cherokee
GMC Terrain
Ford Expedition
Nissan Murano
Chevy Traverse
Ford Flex
BMW X3

Coupes:
Ford Mustang
Chevy Camaro

Sedans:
Chrysler 300
Audi A3
Dodge Charger
Chevy Impala
Nissan Maxima
Buick Lacrosse

The EA had Malibus, Sonatas, Fusions, Journeys, Tucsons, Altimas, Equinoxes, Veranos, and even Frontiers.

The Lacrosse and Grand Cherokee looked appealing, but ultimately I couldn't turn down the X3 (an xDrive28i in black with the optional panoramic sunroof). It was generally a very good rental, although I was surprised it didn't have a back-up cam given the rest of the bells and whistles (such as saving my last location to my iPhone whenever I parked).

Last edited by JohnnyHsunami; May 15, 2017 at 10:46 am
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:52 am

Came in Sunday 8am after a redeye to find the ES was 10-15 FCARs, mostly Sonatas and Fusions, and one or two midsize SUVs. Two of us were on the bus, I was the first out and took the lone Charger R/T, which I drove around like a 17 year old and had great fun. The other guy on the bus looked sad after surveying the selection. The return lanes were overflowing with 100s of vehicles waiting to be cleaned and brought back around.

Returned the car Saturday around 11am, and the EA and ES looked like the post above this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.