Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by noirpepper
New cars: Smart Car
Wonder what class this is in - my guess Specialty Luxury
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by peteropny
DUH! w/ an up-charge of 50 USD/day go figure!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by peteropny
So you show up with a booking for a DTS with 5 people and golf bags, and then get "upgraded". Brilliant...
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
Saturday morning at 7 AM 2/13 EA had a bunch of HHR's. ES was half full, one ford flex, and the rest were impalas, sonatas, and one altima. The agent at the gate gave me a hard time for taking the flex. He said that I took it off the suv side, that it shouldn't have been there and insisted I was wrong but let me go. I was pretty annoyed since the tag was marked as ES and it was parked in the ES. I was very close to putting it back and walk away from national.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 1:06 pm

Feb. 18 6:00 p.m. Emerald Executive aisle was "overflowing" with 1 HHR, 2 Malibus, 1 big Buick, and an Altima, which I took (and then waited over ten minutes to check out at the single exit booth that was open). Turns out it has 35,000 miles on it. Sure made me feel like a valued customer - not.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Anybody been to IAD recently and can report on what's been available in the ES and EA selections? I am planning to rent early Friday AM and want a larger vehicle (minivan or mid-size SUV). I used to rent a TON from IAD and the selection used to be consistently great and varied; haven't rented as much recently from there; any insights? Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Was at IAD on Tuesday morning. EA had no upgrades - all midsize vehicles of various brands. ES was mostly Impalas and minivans but there were a couple of Ford Edges there - I got one with 49 miles and Sirius.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: * A
any recent updates this week?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 4:14 pm

Thumbs down

Went to IAD on Friday morning to check out the ES selection...it was horrible. Only Dodge Chargers and Chevy Impalas to be found.

I went inside to cancel my res and the guy at the counter (Khalil was his name I believe) asked why I wanted to cancel. I told him that I am a new Exec member and was hoping for a decent selection for my trip out of town this weekend but was disappointed with the offerings. He offered to upgrade me to Luxury for $20 more per day. I said no thanks and went to Hertz and picked up the Nissan Altima Hybrid that I reserved as a backup.

I'll give National another shot on some future weekend.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
What kind of Luxury cars did National have on their lot, out of curiousity?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
What kind of Luxury cars did National have on their lot, out of curiousity?
I saw Cadillac STS's primarily. I also saw what looked like one Cadillac SRX. I did come close to selecting that one but decided against it. I didn't want to shell out any more $ for a rental (since I didn't absolutely NEED a rental this weekend anyway).
Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:40 pm

Stopped by National at IAD last night to pick up a car (primary vehicle having serious issues). There were 2 vehicles...that's TWO vehicles in ES. There was what I think a Dodge or Chrysler minivan and a Chevy Impala. That's it.

I grabbed the Impala. It did have < 7,000 miles but no options to speak of (basic sound system, no satellite radio, etc.)
Old Aug 7, 2010, 8:13 am

Much better selection last night when I returned the Impala. ES was stocked with more Impala's and Grand Marquis of course but I did spot a few Ford Fusions, Dodge Chargers, a Honda Accord and a Ford Taurus SEL.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
I picked up on a Monday dinner time on Sept 13. My last rental pre executive status. They said I could not take ES one rental early. The EA had limited selection - nasty cars and some minivans. By nasty I mean PT cruiser, kia, and HHR. I like to sit up high if I can so I took a minivan. It was me and the minivan driving around the DC area for several days, that and my carry on luggage. But it did have excellent visibility. I also really liked the reading lights on the minivan - might brighter and better directed than most car lights. I would consider driving this thing again, despite the 3 rows of seats that I don't need, because it did have great visibility, drove well, and I liked those reading lights especially when I was driving around Baltimore at night with printed google directions trying to find my hotel.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Only blah cars in the Aisle on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Chevy's mostly. I grabbed a Honda Accord (with New York plates) off the Executive Selection, but there wasn't much of interest there either. I did see a Toyota Camry. Overall, a fairly disappointing mix at IAD these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.