FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at IAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/868047-cars-iad.html)

drzoidberg Sep 20, 2008 11:52 am

Cars at IAD

Originally posted by MattDTW.

Feel free to update this thread if anyone sees new cars.

Volvo S40
Chevy Trailblazer
Chevy Equinox

IAD Executive Selection:
Typical:
Chevy Impala
Dodge Charger
Dodge Magnum
Several random minivans
Chevy Trailblazer
Toyota Highlander
Often:
Volvo S60
Buick Lucerne
Rare:
Jeep Commander
Saturn Outlook

IAD Premium "Aisle" (HA)
Buick Lucerne
Toyota Avalon
Chrysler 300C
(Note that you can usually get an S60 with a premium reservation if you ask)

Random cars seen:
DTS
CTS
Infiniti G35 (as a "Midsize" - figure that out!!)

dmodemd Sep 30, 2008 9:17 pm

My Observations.

The regular EA and ES are often mixed up and people pick from either side. They arent very segregated.

Regular EA:
Chevy Impala
Dodge Charger
Dodge Avenger
Dodge Magnum
Chevy Malibu
...other junk

ES usually:
Chevy Impala
Dodge Charger
...other junk

Somewhat rare:
behold the elusive Impala SS (dont get in front of me if I am heading for it!)

Rare:
Grand Prix G6 / GXP

MattDTW Oct 9, 2008 11:15 am

The last 2 months I've seen quite a few more Malibus on EA and ES. The ES versions tend to be fully loaded versus base models on the EA. Same with the Impalas (which I loathe). This week there was a buick or two and a camry on ES, plus a G8 which I snagged.

drzoidberg Oct 9, 2008 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by MattDTW (Post 10494255)
The last 2 months I've seen quite a few more Malibus on EA and ES. The ES versions tend to be fully loaded versus base models on the EA. Same with the Impalas (which I loathe). This week there was a buick or two and a camry on ES, plus a G8 which I snagged.

Are these the new Malibus?

3Cforme Oct 9, 2008 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg (Post 10496297)
Are these the new Malibus?

Since GM is now in the second model year of producing 'the new Malibu,' let us hope so.

peteropny Oct 10, 2008 7:08 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 10496560)
Since GM is now in the second model year of producing 'the new Malibu,' let us hope so.

There are still some "old Malibus" floating around (don't remember where I've seen it within the last month or so though).

drzoidberg Oct 10, 2008 8:29 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 10498846)
There are still some "old Malibus" floating around (don't remember where I've seen it within the last month or so though).

When I rent from DCA, I see nothing but the old Malibus, and these are like the 3-4 year old ones.

When is GM ever going to update their Impala? I guess at the rate their stock is dropping, perhaps never.

noirpepper Dec 31, 2008 2:11 pm

Interesting update at IAD: Ford & Mercury

Executive Isle:
Toyota Priuse
Volvo S60
Chevy Malibus
Toyota Camry
Mitsubishi Galant

Emerald Isle:
Mazda3
Ford Focus
Chevy Impala

Premium:
Mercury Grand Marquis
Ford 500
Nissan Maxima 2009
Volvo V70

Interesting Selection today when I was dropping my rental earlier today.

dmodemd Jan 29, 2009 9:41 am

I come in early on a monday or tuesday and pickings can be VERY slim. This last monday AM was very dissapointing. There were a few small SUVs (Saturns I think?), a nice Lacrosse with the keys locked in it :mad: , and a Grand Prix G6 with Sat radio so I was happy to get that at least.

I dont understand why at 7am there is nothing there. I guess they just dont have much help in the AM. A few months ago they were much better loaded at that time. I sent in a concern/suggestion and see if anyone cares.

I am interested to see how the gatekeeper treats Premium cars if I grab one of those (per the other thread). I may start doing that. I have found they dont care much at IAD.

I havent been able to get an Impala SS recently but they have quite a few in stock. I have noticed that the other EE's there recognize them as quickly as I do ...grr...

noirpepper Mar 13, 2009 6:56 pm

I was returning at IAD:
Saw there were a couple of brand new Toyota Sequias as SUVs and three brand new Chrysler 300 touring as Premium. The ES had a few Altimas and Malibus, while the EA had a few galants, g6s, vibes.

Next time I'd love to get one of the Sequias.

dmodemd Mar 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Picked up a Maxima in the ES row today. First time I saw one of them there. Has PA plates so probably is wandering through that lot...

Otherwise I saw Altimas, Chargers, a stray Prius, Sebrings...

Haven't been able to find an Impala SS or G6 GXP in a very long time :(

The Maxima is pretty nice though... smooth acceleration and comfortable seats. Sound system is pretty good too... I'll take it out for some joy riding tomorrow...

noirpepper Jul 26, 2009 7:44 pm

I visited the aisle(s) this weekend:

EA:
Honda Civic
PT Cruiser
Ford Focus

ES:
Honda Accord
Malibu
Hyundai Sonata
Kia Amanti
Toyota Avalon

saw a 8 pick up trucks w/o license plate in the new car section. interesting selection this past weekend.

pinniped Jul 27, 2009 8:14 am

My arrival there at midnight on a Thursday about a month and a half ago:

EA - Nothing
ES - Nothing

Randomly sitting around:
- A few trucks, a Cadillac, a Maxima, and a few nondescript GM's.

I took the Maxima and enjoyed it.

pinniped Sep 21, 2009 9:56 am

Rented at IAD again this weekend. Friday noon pickup.

EA - a couple of nondescript small cars.
ES - Empty.

Bus driver pointed at the next two aisles over and said "Just take anything from there." It happened to be Premium and Minivan. Both aisles were full of cars...plenty of good selection from both types. We took a Dodge Charger with low miles and Sirius radio. No Maximas though - I was looking for one. ;)

In general, their lot was pretty full of cars in all sizes. They should have had some availability on ES, but we were happy with the Charger.

noirpepper Nov 9, 2009 8:13 am

stopped by National on Sat:
EA: HHR, HHR, HHR..
Wrangler
Focus
Beetle
ES:
Charger
Impala, Impala, Impala, ...
Dakota pick up
Edge

New cars: Smart Car