Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
2021 Lincoln Corsair

Wanted to share a Lincoln Corsair I rented from IAD a few months back. Loved the black on black package and the interior being fully loaded. It was a 2021 but it was a really good looking truck

Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
2022 Volkswagen Passat

The single most appealing thing about this ride is the incredible gas mileage. I was able to use it for 3 weeks for work and a few leisurely things without having to fill the tank until I returned it.

Auto Enthusiast, joepa26 and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred / CP holder, National Exec Elite, Enterprise Gold
Swapped out a gross Murano from DCA here this afternoon. IAD was excellent as always and apologized for DCA’s lack of cleaning. I was able to pick from their well stocked aisle. They had several interesting choices, including a Ranger with an orange trim appearance package, a brand new white Tundra with black wheels and accents, a few RAM 1500s, an EcoBoost Mustang Convertible, Grand Cherokee WKs, new looking VW sedans, several Pacificas, a Traverse LT, Escape SE with the black sport package, a few RAV4s in the Adventure Trim and a White and Black Chrysler 300S.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:26 pm
OgJ

11/30

For a quick in n out via ES, i wound up w a brand new (5 miles) Silverado LTZ... clerk had to inventory it IN when i was at the booth... nice ride, but the tech "looks" nuts, like you'd have to register it like a cell phone to get all the Google crap to work.
i stumbled into that truck after first jumping into a 300S that wreaked so badly of weed that they left the windows open (unbeknownst to me, until i jumped in- on the fly, in the rain- to a soaked driver's seat)... wet a$$ all day bc of that... tried to bake it out on high seat warmer in the Chevy (to minimal success) lol

Last edited by OgJ; Dec 12, 2022 at 9:30 pm Reason: Forgot to add ES
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred / CP holder, National Exec Elite, Enterprise Gold
Cool to see IAD also has LTZ Silverados. I had one from BWI at thanksgiving with 150 miles. Agree the tech is very Alexa / Google heavy in them now. Was able to fire up Apple CarPlay quickly though without signing into anything. Surprised to see the weed issue at IAD, they’re one of the better locations when it comes to overall experience and quality of cleaning.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Last Thursday 3/30 around 5pm, ES had a ton of Chargers, Challengers, Camry... One Hemi Charger, one Hemi Durango. SR5 4Runner, Limited 4Runner. New Tundra Limited.

After negotiations with my wife (and a National attendant asking if we needed help with said negotiations), we took the Tundra with <1k miles on the ticker. The TT V6 scoots, 14" display was great for CarPlay (though quite the reach for buttons on the right on Waze), and comfy. National at EWR seemed pleased to take it in.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:22 pm

Did you get a chance to update the EWR thread?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Sorry! We were in a bit of a hurry and I didn't see EA/ES on our way in.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 8:59 am

Just rented at IAD. Not a lot of interesting choices at the ES aisle. The most notable was a Hemi Durango. The rest of the aisle were filled with Rav4, Pathfinders, Traverse, Grand Cherokee and typical vanilla mid size. I asked the lot attendant if they have something large (party of 4, 4 large suitcases and 3 roller carry ons, plus a few more), and he got us an Expedition Limited-like trim. It's got lots of miles, but still in good state.

Spotted a large BMW SUV as a paid premium upgrade option, but other than that, nothing stood out.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:02 pm

Any recent experiences from IAD?
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by AppleBoy97
Any recent experiences from IAD?
I rented there last month. IAD is usually better than DCA and the EE/EA aisles tend to have a lot of pickup trucks, sedans, and midsize SUVs. The selection is good but not spectacular. They seem to be stingy with full-size SUVs and, to a lesser extent, minivans, but I have seen them from time to time.
​​​​​​
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:15 pm

Picked up at IAD tonight. They had a total of five vehicles available. One Altima, three Grand Cherokee 4xes, and a RAM 2500. Yes, it was a 2500. Took one of the Jeeps, it’s brand new with 47 miles on it. Should be good with the snow predicted in the mountains of WV a few hours away. Glad it has brand new tires.
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:01 am

So the Grand Cherokee stalled out on me at a red light this morning. “Hybrid powertrain system fault. Please see your dealer.” Not a good look for a car with 58 miles. I went to IAD and asked to swap out. They were shocked but I showed them the picture of the dash and the guy just said “these hybrids man…” and happily helped out.

The were still short cars, but they had a little variety. 3x Expedition Limited (took one), Nissan Titan SV, Wrangler 4xe, and a Grand Wagoneer L (the really big one). A few sedans (Altima, Sonata) were on EA
m907 and oftech like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by AppleBoy97
So the Grand Cherokee stalled out on me at a red light this morning. “Hybrid powertrain system fault. Please see your dealer.” Not a good look for a car with 58 miles. I went to IAD and asked to swap out. They were shocked but I showed them the picture of the dash and the guy just said “these hybrids man…” and happily helped out.

The were still short cars, but they had a little variety. 3x Expedition Limited (took one), Nissan Titan SV, Wrangler 4xe, and a Grand Wagoneer L (the really big one). A few sedans (Altima, Sonata) were on EA
Are you sure it was a Grand Wagoneer or just the regular Wagoneer? I've seen many of the latter but none of the former at National locations.
AppleBoy97 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 7:26 am

It was a Grand Wagoneer… I have seen several Wagoneers as well, this was the first “Grand” that I have seen in a while, and the first I can recall being in the aisle.
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.