Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Picked up tonight around 7:45 PM - ES was so so - lots of Malibus / Impalas - some Sonatas - some Kia / Hyundai smaller SUVs - one Jeep (considered taking) but took a new Dodge Charger (6 mi on the odometer) instead.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 2:09 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived Saturday morning around 10:30 a.m. and found the EA rather empty, but at least a decent variety. I say two Kia Fortes, a crew-cab Chevy pickup, a four-door Jeep Wrangler, Chevy HHR, and a few other sedans. I took a Dodge Caliber SXT with about 2,400 miles on it and working XM.

I just missed seeing out esteemed National moderator upon return, but did see him getting on the shuttle back to the terminal.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I just missed seeing out esteemed National moderator upon return, but did see him getting on the shuttle back to the terminal.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
We need pictorial evidence.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: spg, national executive, aa, air canada
Rented from FLL Jan. 18-21 very slim pickings on the EA alot of dodge journeys, kia small SUVs, one ford edge, taurus , chevy impalas, traverse and equinox. no convertibles. almost all with over 10,000 miles and NONE with sirrius/XM radio. Ended up taking an Equinox, wasn't bad, nice little SUV.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
1 week rental falling between Pro Bowl and Super Bowl...poor planning! I thought pickings would be horrible - but lot was packed with cars of all varieties. Will be doing some long haul driving - so took a brand new Taurus. (...am getting one as a company car in a few weeks...great test drive opportunity!)
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: United Platinum
just picked up from EE at FLL...pretty awesome selection tonight a ton of low mileage buicks, SUV's, 300C's and more...I ended up picking a red Volvo S40 with 5K miles on it...loving this car already...it will be nice for a 10 day rental
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold, National Exec, WN A/CP
More of the same this morning at FLL. EA was the normal midsize fare with several small SUVs available.
ES was completely full with full size and SUVs. Also a volvo S40, and a couple of convertibles. I'm here for the day so I went with a convertible Mustang.

They seemed to be heavy with large SUVs in ES as well. Several Explorers, Grand Cherokees, Acadias, etc.

Nice picks as always!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I like the FLL airport and the rental car convienence but I have one issue. When leaving the rental car garage, I need to take US1 south and I find it difficult to get over to the
US1 exit lane because there is always alot of traffic going fast exiting the airport and you do not have a chance to get over the the lane for the exit. Anyone else have this problem. Would not be an issue if you were getting on 595.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:05 pm

I agree they should put in a traffic light.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I am ES but reserved a luxury car through Emerald Reserve. Can I choose any luxury car OR any car in the ES area? Or will there be one particular car with my name on it?

Any idea if I should just back down and reserve a normal rental and take my chances with the ES instead?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by paterwdb
I am ES but reserved a luxury car through Emerald Reserve. Can I choose any luxury car OR any car in the ES area? Or will there be one particular car with my name on it?

Any idea if I should just back down and reserve a normal rental and take my chances with the ES instead?
There will be an area marked Luxury - you can choose any car from that area.

Only you can determine if you should only reserve a "normal" rental - it's extremely unlikely you'll find a luxury in ES though.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: spg, national executive, aa, air canada
was in FLL march 25.
ES was well stocked with all sizes of SUV's, edge, traverse, equinox, sorrento, borrego, Saturn SUV a Chevy pick-up, focus and a smattering of malibus and impalas.
took a borrego, needed the extra space, and was very happy with it....... even though it had no sirrius
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC, UN,Priority,Marriott,Hyatt, National exec
Was in FLL 2 weeks ago June 21, picked up a Grand Marquis only full size on lot other than a few sonata suv's , not as good of a selection as LAX
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:07 pm

FLL Premium VS Luxury

Hi!

New to the forum and not an EA/ES member, but hope that you can help me out anyway

I am going to Florida with my wife in the beginning of August for a road trip to New York, and are wondering about a couple of things...

Is National at FLL open 24/7?

Any up-dates on what cars they currently offer as Premium and Luxury?

Will saturday 1 am or 12 am usually have the best selection of cars?

I was originally going to rent a premium, hoping for a new Lacross, but have read that it is a bit under-powered...so are considering to rent a luxury instead, hoping for a Cadillac CTS or Lincoln MKS.. Would you rent a Premium or a Luxury for the trip (about 4-5000 miles in total over 3 weeks)?

Furthermore are there any rental companies that can supply us with a Corvette for the trip / do anyone know what the specials (if I upgrade from a Luxury upon arrival) at FLL are?

Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited by Brinch; Jul 13, 2010 at 6:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.