Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:45 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by nitrousfiz
I am picking up a Standard SUV from DTW and I am really hoping to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee from the Executive Aisle. I got lucky the last time as I grabbed one as soon as they were parking one in the area. Any idea whether I would have a decent pool to choose from on a Saturday noon?
I was there last Friday evening, there were a couple JGC's as well as Durango's in the ES. Saturday afternoon is tricky because they generally fill up the back few rows with overflow and you're more limited to the first 4 rows or so.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:47 am

I've also been seeing a lot more Laredo trimmed GC's lately, instead of the Limiteds with Lux II package.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:37 am

Saturday around 2:15pm

EA:
Didn't spend a lot of time looking on that side, but relatively empty. At least one pickup, and a number of Jeep Renegades. Nothing else really stood out.

ES:
Not much terribly exciting
Several pickup trucks
16 Escape SE
17 Escape SE
Fusion SE
Several new style Malibus, but all LT trim
Challenger
300C with 374 miles on it (took this, still a 16 model for all that it was new)
Several other small cuv types and the usual sonatas

Full sized aisle had a Fusion Hybrid on it, which interested me until I checked the trim level and it was an SE. Think it was a 17 model year though, since it had the rotary shift knob (don't know if the hybrids had that before or not). If it had had the sync 3 system I would have taken that.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:29 pm

I was there Friday afternoon...you beat me to posting. Stock was most of what you saw as well, including a 2017 GC Limited w/Lux II. So there is hope after all that those are still being ordered. Lots of Fusion Hybrid SE's on Friday too.

I got a BMW 428i that was in the back of the ES - ride report forthcoming!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist
Was there on 9/!5;
ES Lots of small SUV type vehicles (wanted a car, so didn't look to see what kinds), a few Toyota Camry (SE and LE), 1 Nissan Altima, 1 Hyundai Sonata Some Ford Fusions, I saw one Buick Lacrosse
Ended up taking a Nissan Maxima SV with 700 mi on it which also had built in GPS navigation which was a pleasant surprise.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:49 am

Don't know if it was the rain or what but the selection was extremely limited last night, they were struggling to keep the first two rows of the EA/ES open.

EA was mostly Nissan Frontiers with a few Ford Transit Connects thrown in for good measure. I saw some smaller Jeeps also (Renegade/Patriot).

ES was half Rams (in both half and three-quarter ton guise), with the rest being a Dodge Journey, a Ford Flex Limited, a Mustang convertible (looked like an Ecoboost Premium), a 300C, and a Buick Enclave. They had a glut of full-size SUV's so I asked and got a Suburban LTZ. Nice truck!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:41 pm

Nice selection this evening. ES featured the following highlights:
Many (5+) 2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier (formerly LTZ)
2 Charger RTs
1 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2 2017 Camaros
Several pickups
2 or 3 Chrysler 300s (in C and S trim)
Many small Jeeps (Patriot/Renegade/Compass)
2-3 Chevrolet Traverse
1 Nissan Murano (SV trim)
3 Nissan Maxima (SV trim with leather)
4 or 5 Ford Fusions (most were 2017 Titanium models)
Old Dec 3, 2016, 5:27 pm

This is my first time trying emerald club. I am flying into dtw on 12/25. If I do executive aisle, what can I reasonably expect to be available? Anything large enough to fit my wife, me, and 3 small children? SUV? Small SUV/ crossover?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:06 pm

I'd say fairly likely that you'll find something that works. Staff here is very accommodating so I would ask the attendant at the canopy if there is something specific you want that is not available on the ES, nd they are usually pretty accommodating.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:27 am

Thursday around 10:00

Lots of cars around in the return/overflow areas but the canopy was pretty sparse. Fortunately, the selection was quite good. I was anticipating sedans only given incoming snow, but was pleasantly surprised with some of the offerings. Also, now that we're back to the bitter cold, don't expect your rental to be washed from the previous renter.

Several Challengers
A lonely 2015 Malibu
3X Dodge Journey
1X Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
1X Buick Enclave
3X Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2017 Ford Flex Limited AWD
Cadillac ATS
Infiniti Q50 AWD
2X Jeep Cherokees (Latitude trim) and several Renegades (Latitude trim).

Last edited by dwbf11; Dec 16, 2016 at 7:33 am
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:50 am

Picked up Monday 1/23 around 3pm.

ES had a fill of:
Mostly midsize SUV's (Escapes, Terrains, ect...)
Multiple fullsize sedans (nothing noteworthy)
A few pickup trucks
A few Chrysler Pacifica's
1x GMC Acadia ('16)
1x Jeep GC Limited

EA
Only thing of note were the handful of Jeep Wrangler's... Not a vehicle I was aware National had.

They were bringing around cars just about as fast as people were taking them.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:45 am

Friday 2/17, approximately 10:00PM

Well stocked but nothing particularly exciting. Highlights for EA and ES were Jeep Wranglers in 2 and 4 door configurations, a couple of Fusion Titaniums (one hybrid, one Ecoboost), a bunch of new Chevrolet Traverses in mid-spec Limited trim, a couple of Buick Enclaves, several 2017 Impala Premiers, and a few 300C's.

Upgrade area in front of the main building had a bunch of Cadillac XTS sedans, a BMW X3, a Cadillac CTS w/43K(!!!) on it, and a Mercedes GLA250.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by BlueEngineer
Only thing of note were the handful of Jeep Wrangler's... Not a vehicle I was aware National had.
The first time I ever had a Wrangler from any aisle was in Philly, back in 2014. Since then I've seen more and more of them popping up on aisles, either in sport or Sahara trim, both 2 and 4 doors.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by blufish312
The first time I ever had a Wrangler from any aisle was in Philly, back in 2014. Since then I've seen more and more of them popping up on aisles, either in sport or Sahara trim, both 2 and 4 doors.
I've seen that they tend to go away when the weather gets nicer...and lucky you, I'm usually seeing the Sport trim only in the US, while Canada gets the upmarket Sahara.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:31 am

Got a June reservation. Arriving 5 AM on a Saturday. How likely am I to find a convertible on the ES?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.