Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Stealth22
Flying in on Saturday afternoon. Is there likely to be a decent ES selection?

Hoping to get one of the new loaded Taurus/Explorer/Escape, or at least a Fusion. I don't know what it is, but I seem to hate all of the rental offerings out there, aside from maybe the new Impala, which I have yet to drive.
Lately I've seen everything you have mentioned in just about every trim as they have received a boatload of new ford vehicles, except the new Impala which I have yet to see at YYZ National (I've seen 1 at YYZ Enterprise).

It's the long weekend so I don't know what inventory will be like. I expect that a lot of rentals will be driven towards cottage country especially SUVs/CUVs. The new fusions are nice, the last one I had at YYZ was Titanium with active/passive lane keeping assist. Last weekend I had a nice Edge Sport with monster 22" wheels.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: National Emerald, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by mapelle621
Lately I've seen everything you have mentioned in just about every trim as they have received a boatload of new ford vehicles, except the new Impala which I have yet to see at YYZ National (I've seen 1 at YYZ Enterprise).

It's the long weekend so I don't know what inventory will be like. I expect that a lot of rentals will be driven towards cottage country especially SUVs/CUVs. The new fusions are nice, the last one I had at YYZ was Titanium with active/passive lane keeping assist. Last weekend I had a nice Edge Sport with monster 22" wheels.
Ok, thanks. I'd prefer one of the new Fords over the Impala anyway. I saw a boatload on the ES at MCO in December, but needed an SUV at the time.

And yeah, I was thinking they would be low on the larger vehicles anyway. I don't need an SUV this time around, so my first preference would be a Taurus or Fusion. But I may take an Explorer or Escape if they end up having one.

Fingers crossed for a Taurus Limited or Fusion Titanium!!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:34 pm

T1 Around 11:45pm
ES: Tons of Midsize SUVs Edges, Escapes, Xterras, Journeys, Terrain.... I wanted a Minivan they had tons but not in the aisle was told they were sold out of minivans...
Went to T3 same medley of SUVs,1 Genesis and 2 T & C Touring-L which I got one with the lowest miles.

Last edited by powermax; Jun 26, 2014 at 12:05 am
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by powermax
ES: Tons of Midsize SUVs Edges, Escapes, Xterras, Journeys, Terrain.... I wanted a Minivan they had tons but not in the aisle was told they were sold out of minivans...
Went to T3 same medley of SUVs,1 Genesis and 2 T & C Touring-L which I got one with the lowest miles.
I arrived an hour earlier and an Explorer just exited leaving very little for larger cars to choose from. I did manage to get upgraded to a Town and Country although it was not in the EA, so I guess I got lucky. You've already mentioned pretty much the selections...although I found some oddballs when I got there at around 9:45pm:

-Nissan Murano (Quebec plates)
-Subaru Legacy (base)
-Volvo S60 (Exec aisle)
-Mustangs (hard top/convertible) (Exec aisle)
Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by humansoul
Quote:

I arrived an hour earlier and an Explorer just exited leaving very little for larger cars to choose from. I did manage to get upgraded to a Town and Country although it was not in the EA, so I guess I got lucky. You've already mentioned pretty much the selections...although I found some oddballs when I got there at around 9:45pm:

-Nissan Murano (Quebec plates)
-Subaru Legacy (base)
-Volvo S60 (Exec aisle)
-Mustangs (hard top/convertible) (Exec aisle)
For sure the greeter would have given me a t/c but he was already gone and all the keys were at the counter and the lady was extremely rude. I was going to talk to a Manager but decided to go to T3.

Last edited by powermax; Jun 26, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:26 am

For sure the greeter would have given me a t/c but he was already gone and all the keys were at the counter and the lady was extremely rude. I was going to talk to a Manager but decided to go to T3.
How was the lot and ES/EA area at T3? Any bigger than it was before? Still better to go to T1?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:27 am

Cars at YYZ

Its a bit bigger but T1 still way bigger. I would go to T1 first if you don't find anything good then try T3.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:58 am

Arrived at T3 yesterday around 2:30pm, and didn’t even bother with the lot there. Took the train straight to T1.

ES had a variety of vehicles, most of which I wasn't interested in. Saw a Nissan Frontier (or at least it looked like one, I could be mistaken), and then a couple of Altimas/Maximas, and a Genesis. There was also a loaded Ford Edge Limited, which I took.

EA, I noticed two Escapes, but didn't check the trim level. Aside from that, the usual slim pickings, nothing interesting. No Fusions or Taurus that I could see, at least in the Emerald Club area.

I was thankful for the choice between the Escape and Edge. I wouldn't have liked anything else there.

Happy with the Edge, aside from the lack of a Nav SD card.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 8:14 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Same mix as normal. 300 here, Fusion there (some with BV plates so very new), Edge over there.

Took at 2014 Buick Lacrosse from ES. Lacrosse Leather trim-level with a V6, sunroof, and 3000km on the clock. So far I am enjoying it.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:41 pm

Returned the Edge yesterday evening at T3. I was very happy with the car. Aside from not having the SD card for the Nav, it was flawless. And the car was brand new...I didn't pay attention to the odometer when I picked it up, but I think it said 7.5, so I may have been the first person to rent that vehicle. The license started with BV, so it was definitely a very new car.

The lot at T3 is definitely way bigger than before. It's not as big as T1, but it's got a decently sized Emerald area.

If you're flying with an airline landing at T3 and you don't want to tow family and luggage to the LINK train, you wouldn't be at a huge loss picking from T3.

As for vehicles, I couldn't pay much attention as we had to get into the terminal for our flight. However, I saw a plethora of vehicles to pick from. There was a mixed bag selection both the EA and ES. There was at least one or two vans that I saw, and several SUV's, including an Explorer in the EA. I also saw two Edges, but again, we had to run, so I didn't see if they were in the EA or ES.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:42 pm

T1 - 08/13 11:40pm

Pretty bare

ES: Venza, Charger, Fusion SE, Altima and an Escape SE

EA: Malibu and an Avenger
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Friday Sept 5 ~ 5:30 pm

T1
EA/ES (combined because most of EA was blocked in due to too many vehicles)
Full of Midsize SUVs!
- Tons of Edge SEL
- 3 Escape SE Ecoboost
- A few GM Acadia, Traverse
- 1 Durango
- 1 GC laredo
- 1 Taurus SEL
- 2 Pick ups
- 1 Altima SV
- 2 Subaru cars (never seen Subaru cars at YYZ before)

T3
ES
- 2 Flex (1 SEL, 1 Limited 10k km)
- 2 pick ups
- A few T&C
- 1 GC laredo
- 1 Subaru car
- A few traverse, Acadia
- 2 Mustang convertible (1 Premium trim I think? / 1 GT 5.0)

EA
Sorry, I don't remember what was in T3 EA

I find that T3 has more variety than T1 because it's smaller in size and they seem to have disproportionately less to work with, so they'll put more interesting stuff. (I've never seen mustangs, S60s, Tahoe/Yukon XL, rarely minivans and 7 seaters in EA/ES at T1, yet T3 had them in the last few weeks)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:54 am

Returned a 2015 Tahoe LS - T1 Sept 22 @ 11 PM

EA/ES were very bare
~ 4 pick ups
~ 4 T&C
1 Ford explorer
1 2014 Tahoe

The reserve area was full of ECAR/CCAR though
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC-E50K / WS-P / Hyatt-G
Quick question for the forum...

Let's say I rented a car from T1 National (because I did, a lovely Ford Edge Limited), and want to return it at T3 National (because I do...staying at Sheraton Gateway at T3 for a night before departing the next morning)...is this an easy do?

Not a huge deal, I don't mind returning the car at T1 and training it over to the Gateway. Just lazy I guess!

And in keeping with the spirit of this thread, at T1 National on September 25th there were a plethora of Ford Edges, a Nissan Xterra, a small Buick, and what appeared to be a massive Dodge Ram pickup.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:31 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by a4racer
Let's say I rented a car from T1 National (because I did, a lovely Ford Edge Limited), and want to return it at T3 National (because I do...staying at Sheraton Gateway at T3 for a night before departing the next morning)...is this an easy do?
They could care less. I do it all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.