Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Nat25
I have AB silver. Expiring in 2 months. Where can i status match to?
How about AB Gold? is there any program that will let you leaverage it into any *G or 1W gold? (match, not challenge)

TIA
Old May 23, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
United is (challenge) matching other non-*A elites until June 30th.
They recently matched my AA EXP to 1K and gave me 90 days to hit 35K PQMs and retain 1K thru January 2018.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by klausa
I see you're not familiar with the "Trick it" thread...
Is this the trick it thread? Looks like the airline status match thread to me.

Should I start giving secretflying.com ideas for new posts?
Old May 26, 2016, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by abbaskip
Got my Air Berlin status match today. They're matching me to gold from Avianca Amigo gold.

They didn't take my screenshot of my print at home card, they said they need a physical card. So I sent a photo of the physical card (see Avianca Amigo thread regarding my "physical card") and they matched about a week later.
Got my Air Berlin (Gold) to match my Asiana Diamond (*A gold) yesterday. Some info for US residents looking to do this
  • You must have a long-haul flight booked, and provide the invoice as an attachment to with your email requesting the match
  • They will demand a photo of a plastic card. I don't have one (not sure if Asiana even does plastic cards anymore), and pressed the issue. They eventually accepted a screenshot of my mobile card.

The status is good for one year, within which you have to hit the standard mileage requirements in order to retain it. Still a pretty sweet deal.

Allow at least a couple of days for this to play out, they seem to only answer emails once per day -- even for trivial clarifications.

In retrospect, it might have been easier to use the address of one of my friends in Germany, which would remove the requirement for the long-haul flight.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
United is (challenge) matching other non-*A elites until June 30th.
They recently matched my AA EXP to 1K and gave me 90 days to hit 35K PQMs and retain 1K thru January 2018.
Thinking about switching my business back over to UA as I'll be traveling quite often to Europe this summer... Does the 1K status match give you full benefits during the challenge, as well as a welcome kit once hitting 35K miles?
Old May 30, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Thinking about switching my business back over to UA as I'll be traveling quite often to Europe this summer... Does the 1K status match give you full benefits during the challenge, as well as a welcome kit once hitting 35K miles?
They'll send the kit once you finish the challenge. Not sure about RPUs/GPUs.

For benefits, they don't send a card. This makes lounge access a grey area. While you should be able to access UA Clubs, I'm not sure if they add you onto the *A database for the challenge period or after it's completed.

I would also wait until June 2nd this week before sending in a match request. United is hyping up for some big announcement, but no clues on what it will be.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
They'll send the kit once you finish the challenge. Not sure about RPUs/GPUs.

For benefits, they don't send a card. This makes lounge access a grey area. While you should be able to access UA Clubs, I'm not sure if they add you onto the *A database for the challenge period or after it's completed.

I would also wait until June 2nd this week before sending in a match request. United is hyping up for some big announcement, but no clues on what it will be.
Gotcha, will wait until then. Anyone know if PQD's still apply to status matched accounts?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Aeromexico is offering a statusmatch:

http://aeromexico.com/en/us/elite-match/
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by Granite64
Aeromexico is offering a statusmatch:

http://aeromexico.com/en/us/elite-match/
"If accepted, the awarded status will be valid for six months and can be maintained if at least 40% of the required Premier Points for that status level are earned during this period."
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Kuwait Airways?

Anyone knows if Kuwait Airways is doing status match?
Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Anyone knows if Kuwait Airways is doing status match?
Thanks
I don't think they are. Their page on statusmatcher.com only has one report and it's a deny.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Has anyone seen DL match or challenge up to Diamond?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:46 pm

Dang, got status matched to UA Gold from AA EXP, and it seems like the status is only good until the end of the year.

We hope you are enjoying your complimentary Premier® Gold status. Meet the Premier Status Match Challenge and keep your status for the rest of the year. See your year-to-date activity.
I was hoping to get a 1K match, but I guess I will be sticking with AA...
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Dang, got status matched to UA Gold from AA EXP, and it seems like the status is only good until the end of the year. I was hoping to get a 1K match, but I guess I will be sticking with AA...
Did they status match without a challenge, or did you get a challenge?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Did they status match without a challenge, or did you get a challenge?
I'm sorry, they challenged me to complete 12.500 miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.