Reload this Page >

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:08 am

Gambler01- Which United Card bonus you already have?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:25 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Gary, I realize a couple of other posts have provided their answers indicating "yes", but I'd appreciate your read on excalibur713's question as well.

Also, I just got a Chase Sapphire card. Would that disqualify me from getting this UA Chase card? Or, just a bad, even if I got the card would I be disqualified from getting the 50,000 miles?
Sorry. I have absolutely no more information on this offer than what I already said. We will have to be patient to see what the offer says, and then use our usual trial and report back method of seeing what acutally happens. Alas, this time, we will have only three days to futz with this one.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pgary
Sorry. I have absolutely no more information on this offer than what I already said. We will have to be patient to see what the offer says, and then use our usual trial and report back method of seeing what acutally happens. Alas, this time, we will have only three days to futz with this one.
Ok, thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:26 pm

Onepass?

I'd been planning on applying for the Continental Onepass Plus card at the end of September before I heard about this new United card.

Any idea whether it'd be possible to get both cards (and both bonuses) simultaneously?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:54 pm

Damn, I just got my Sapphire balance right under 4k to show more utilization, on my credit profile (while taking an app-break) and may have to pay it early before the reporting of that balance if I want to get on this. Chase gave me 2 months no interest after I explained this to them. Also wanted a new 5k installment loan to ride out another 2 months to improve my credit, may have to pay that off earlier too.

Data point

5/5 Applied CO + BA = denied
5/12 Recon CO = approved (Churned, first bonus 3/10 35k, 2nd bonus 50k 6/11)
5/19 Recon BA = approved
6/22 Applied Saphire = denied
6/26 Recon Saphire = approved

I think I would be pushing it for a 4th application and going on 5th card with Chase (other is 2yr old freedom)
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ingy
chase will in all probability deny a card application if less than six months from previous application
"In all probability" is not really true, Rick. Yes, there was a time 2 years ago when Chase seemed to have (and the CSRs routinely cited) a supposed "six-month rule," and there will always be individual applicants who get denied less than 6 months out from the prior app. But the available evidence -- as attested by innumerable people posting in the FT CC forum over the past year, your truly included -- is that Chase regularly grants 2 or even 3 cards to applicants inside a 6-month window. And I mean instantly, without resort to reconsideration requests via phone or letter.

I repeat: there is no Chase "6-month rule." There are plenty of factors one should weigh before making any application, but this is not among them.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Wonder if can get personal and biz cards and bonuses or each?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by beltway
Yes, there was a time 2 years ago when Chase seemed to have (and the CSRs routinely cited) a supposed "six-month rule," and there will always be individual applicants who get denied less than 6 months out from the prior app. But the available evidence -- as attested by innumerable people posting in the FT CC forum over the past year, your truly included -- is that Chase regularly grants 2 or even 3 cards to applicants inside a 6-month window. And I mean instantly, without resort to reconsideration requests via phone or letter.
For me, between April and July, the Chase BA, CO, and Southwest cards--all without any reconsideration requests.

This new card may put me in a bit of a quandary as I was holding off on applying for the Sapphire Preferred to space out my applications, but this UA offer looks tempting and there's only a short amount of time (apparently) to apply. I certainly have some thinking to do during the next ten days--including guessing how likely it is that a similar offer from Chase/UA might come down the pike after the first of the year. And maybe the window's only five days, because if I apply and qualify for the UA card, I'd be much less likely to transfer Amex MR points over to CO before Friday.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
I got the BA Chase in April and the CO one in August, no problems.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by gambler01
I was told over the phone that I would not get the Explorer bonus since I already got the United card bonus.
May be the agent was misinformed? I had the UA MP card and just got the bonus for the Explorer card recently.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by scwam
Damn, I just got my Sapphire balance right under 4k to show more utilization, on my credit profile (while taking an app-break) and may have to pay it early before the reporting of that balance if I want to get on this. Chase gave me 2 months no interest after I explained this to them. Also wanted a new 5k installment loan to ride out another 2 months to improve my credit, may have to pay that off earlier too.

Data point

5/5 Applied CO + BA = denied
5/12 Recon CO = approved (Churned, first bonus 3/10 35k, 2nd bonus 50k 6/11)
5/19 Recon BA = approved
6/22 Applied Saphire = denied
6/26 Recon Saphire = approved

I think I would be pushing it for a 4th application and going on 5th card with Chase (other is 2yr old freedom)
I think I'm the record holder for 5 chase cards in a 6 month period !!!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by gambler01
I was told over the phone that I would not get the Explorer bonus since I already got the United card bonus.
It really depends on the offer. Based on this thread, I was able to get the bonus again (as of this moment, the bonus was posted at statement, pending transfer to M+):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...orer-card.html

Originally Posted by pgary
Well, based on what is going now, here is my estimate:

1. 60K Bonus Mile - 50K after first purchase, 10K after $25K spending.

2. First year annual fee waived

3. The usual (RCC passes, vouchers, priority boarding, luggage).

4. Previous and existing M+ are welcomed (for the bonus), unless you already have a M+ Explorer.

5. You can't get any similar offers from CO OP+ after 07/19/2011.

Basically, it will be the same offer as the link above. #4 will be the key for everything as it will determine how many people can get it.

Please note - the link above no longer accepting previous and existing.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by garykung
5. You can't get any similar offers from CO OP+ after 07/19/2011.
I just got the targeted CO OP for 50k (Applied last month, approved this month). Looks like I'll be sitting this one out.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:18 am

I got in on one of the last offer's on the old United branded Visa Signature card that was "60k" (50k after first purchase). That was about a week before they killed all the links and/or forwarded them to the new branded MileagePlus Explorer cards. I'll be sitting on the bench for this one as well
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Does anybody know what will happen to the Continental OnePass card after the first of the year?

I currently have the Continental OnePass and am wondering if it will be "converted" into a United OnePass card which will make me ineligible for any other bonuses going forward with the United card? I'd obviously like to get the bonus for the United card, but I don't want to apply for it right now due to inquiries, recent chase cards, etc.

Any opinions if I'll get blocked out of getting any future United OnePass offer if I have the Continental OnePass after the first of the year?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.