Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 60000 mile explorer card.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
I see this 40000 mile explorer card all over FT. I read the Ts and Cs and it says you have to have both the united card and the continental card for the initial 50k bonus.

Anyone else look at this?

Have to be logged in as an Elite, I think.

https://www.TheExplorerCard.com/MPEl...NS9_XXD_110719

This one-time bonus offer is only valid for first-time United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers with new accounts. United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 21, 2011 at 9:32 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, Emerald Executive, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Akulashark
United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011.
The way I read this, it does't say you have to have both cards to get the 50k. It says that if you apply for both of them, you will still only get 1 bonus (as opposed to getting a bonus for each card).
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Thanks OP for the link.

Based on my understanding and review from both OP+ and MP Explorer Offer Detail, all previous and existing MP Visa cardmember can still get this bonus (as OP+ Card explicitly said that but not for MP Explorer Visa).
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:45 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Wow. No thanks on the card - but reading the T&Cs this stood out!

Enjoy priority boarding privileges*
You'll be invited to board your flight ahead of general boarding with priority boarding.

I guess this seriously devalues 1P 2P and revalues 1K...(assuming the old/new boarding priority sticks)
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
UA Insider already said it - elite will be first, no matter what.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
I just tried to apply for this card, I want to earn United Miles, and it gives an error. I guess they aren't ready for it.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:12 am
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Continental platinum nor recognized

I am CO Plat, but I cannot this offer on united.com (I see 40K offer instead). Does anybody know how to make united.com recognize my status ?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by BAK
I am CO Plat, but I cannot this offer on united.com (I see 40K offer instead). Does anybody know how to make united.com recognize my status ?
did you link your CO and United accounts?
I got and applied for 50+10 offer from united site, where my Plat is mapped to PE
Old Jul 30, 2011, 5:48 am
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dsauch
did you link your CO and United accounts?
I got and applied for 50+10 offer from united site, where my Plat is mapped to PE
Apparently, I did not. But how do I link my CO and UA accounts ?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by BAK
Apparently, I did not. But how do I link my CO and UA accounts ?
sorry, you walked into this..
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=link+continental+and+united
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:35 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No matter what I do, I can only get the 40K one to come up.

Any baby-steps instructions?

And for current MP Visa Platinum cards, will upgrading (if that is what this is) net the 40/50/60K bonus again?

If this has been answered definitively elsewhere, mea culpa.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
No matter what I do, I can only get the 40K one to come up.

Any baby-steps instructions?

And for current MP Visa Platinum cards, will upgrading (if that is what this is) net the 40/50/60K bonus again?

If this has been answered definitively elsewhere, mea culpa.
Same here.

Just so I understand this correctly, I already have two UA Chase Visa cards but if I apply for the CO Explorer card, I can still get 50K miles? Is the CO card considered a "new" card?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The link still works...remember...you have to login M+ before you can click this link...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by garykung
Thanks OP for the link.

Based on my understanding and review from both OP+ and MP Explorer Offer Detail, all previous and existing MP Visa cardmember can still get this bonus (as OP+ Card explicitly said that but not for MP Explorer Visa).
Wait, how do you convince them to give you the bonus when the T&Cs say you must have a "new account?" I personally tried to apply for it and they sent me a nice letter saying I already had an account with Chase and why would I want a new one?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the T&Cs:

"This one-time bonus offer is only valid for first-time United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers with new accounts. United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011."

Who will have a M+ Explorer Card before anyway?

Beside, it is the T&Cs for OP+:

"This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Continental Airlines personal cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

Based on this, it has cleared all existing M+ cardmembers to get the bonus again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.