Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: Lotz
Those of us who have a UA card or a CO card must close it before year end to keep it from being converted to a UA Explorer card.

This way we can get the bonus for the new card.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:26 pm

10,000 mile bonus

You will not get the enrollment bonus for UPGRADING your existing United Mileage Plus account to the new Explorer product.

The annual fee for the United Explorer will be higher --almost $100 annually.

However, UPGRADING will make you eligible for a 10,000 mile bonus if your annual spending on the card exceeds $25,000.

The above bits of information are gleened from numerous contacts with Chase employees. They may or may not be accurate. In addition, the date of November 17 apparently has significance in the UPGRADE process.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by LeviFlight
My credit just came in, 50k sign up.
Could you give a link please?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Originally Posted by garykung
1. As of this moment, yes. Of course there is always an offer for less than 50K - the standard offer.

2. No - basically, except for E+ access and priority waiting, and possibly CPU, the card has different from 2P or SE.
The 60K offer banner is still on my homepage as a premier, but if I click it, it now brings me to a standard offer. It looks like the deal's dead.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got an email from MyMileagePlus advertising the Explorer card and the 60K bonus.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by lrluis
The 60K offer banner is still on my homepage as a premier, but if I click it, it now brings me to a standard offer. It looks like the deal's dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8mNjeuyV4

It's very much available to me on login, as confirmed just now. I'm 1P, FWIW.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I just got an email from MyMileagePlus advertising the Explorer card and the 60K bonus.
I just checked MyMileagePlus and saw 40K bonus
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by phsu
I just checked MyMileagePlus and saw 40K bonus
The subject of the email is "My MileagePlus: Up to 60k bonus miles + a world of benefits" and below it says "As an elite member, you deserve the earning power of the new MileagePlus® Explorer Card. Earn up to 60,000 bonus award miles and other great benefits."

Note that I am UA 1MM and I currently have no credit cards from UA, CO nor Chase. But I will soon as my request was accepted for this offer.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Originally Posted by beltway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8mNjeuyV4

It's very much available to me on login, as confirmed just now. I'm 1P, FWIW.
Sorry, but to be clear, when you say "it's very much available to me on login," did you actually click on the offer and see a 60K application form?

I'm 2P, so maybe that's the difference.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by pgary
"Anyone??" Most of us, I think.
+1 ^
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Those of us who have a UA card or a CO card must close it before year end to keep it from being converted to a UA Explorer card.

Please clarify....

Is this refering to UA explorer cards or any UA card such as the older visa signature card and the no annual fee basic UA visa card that earns 1 mile for every 2 dollars spent?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: HHonors Silver

Where do you see all current UA cards will be converted to Explorer at year end?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I have done this twice in the last month. I just called today because I was at my limit on a Chase AARP card. Had the transfer several K of Chase SW card to the AARP card so I could still use before my payment goes through.

When I got the AARP card earlier last month, I had them move several K from a Chase Sapphire card when I called in to activate it.

The card is about a month old so I don't know if you would consider this related to opening a new card. I have done that too, where they approved a new card when I reduced cl on an old one.
Did you call the number at the back of the card which you want to move CL IN?

Or you need to call the "reconsideration" number?

I have some uneven CLs among existing cards that I would like to shuffle them around a bit.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could you point us to the source of this information? Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by drroot
Could you give a link please?

Hi Drroot, Sorry no link. Was targeted to my United account when I signed in. Did not appear on my CO account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.