[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Subscribe
Another option for 10K per addl user..
Even though they have shut this down, I did find out about another promotion for additional users. If they totally say no on this offer then ask them if you could get the following promotion:

Bonus 6815 - 10K once additional user spends $1000 in 3 months....

The rep I spoke to offered me this instead, but I don't want my kid's spending $1000 in 3 months on the card!
hah..when i called to check on the 15 transaction promo..the MR rep said "let me guess the 5721 offer" and I was like which one was that...she then said something about a international user offer....sounds like amex is really turning on the benefits...
Quote: Problem is the CSR's here in the US did NOT have that info in their system when they looked at T&C for the promotion code over the last 2 days. BUT now that it has been added they have been told they can no longer add it to people's accounts. They no longer have the authority. So even though I started emails asking for this yesterday....and they didn't get back to me...now they are telling me as of 5 hours ago they can no longer do it....
Sounds like even those who were signed up may not get the points once Amex figures out who were not targeted during the 6-8 week wait. Would love to hear if anyone does get the 50K.
After three strikes earlier in the day, and two more this evening, I figured I'd give it one more shot.

It was made clear that it was only for ARG. I said a family member had gotten it - that's not true, unless you call FT family - and that I was hoping to be allowed as well.

"Sorry sir."

"Is there anything you can do?"

"Hold on..." *wait three min*

"Sir, you called twice already today according to your record."

"Yes, it's because they were very short with me, didn't acknowledge any chance of my family member getting this and simply said they wouldn't help me. I was shocked at the CS, so I figured I'd call back to get a sweeter agent - like yourself."

"Thank you so much. Please hold while I see what I can do."

"Well, I'm so sorry about that experience. Given you're so nice, and I feel bad about your earlier cards, I've made a one-time exception. Just call me back after they do a spend and I'll manually process the points."

WOOHOO!!
Is the bonus id per card or per MR account? If I added the ID referencing one card can I get it the bonus on others? If the MR department is adding it, are they adding it to the MR number or to a particular card?
Quote: Even though they have shut this down, I did find out about another promotion for additional users. If they totally say no on this offer then ask them if you could get the following promotion:

The rep I spoke to offered me this instead, but I don't want my kid's spending $1000 in 3 months on the card!
This sounds like a great back-up option. Thanks!
Quote: Is the bonus id per card or per MR account? If I added the ID referencing one card can I get it the bonus on others? If the MR department is adding it, are they adding it to the MR number or to a particular card?
I added the same 5 users to two different Amex MR cards that feed into the same MR account. They are supposed to get 10K each. Only time will tell on this one.
Quote: Even though they have shut this down, I did find out about another promotion for additional users. If they totally say no on this offer then ask them if you could get the following promotion:

This promotion could work for my family.
  • Is there any cost to add the additional users?
  • Hard pulls for anyone?
  • Effects on anyone's FICO?

How many frustrating calls can I have with Amex in one evening???

So I call up and ask for the 6815 promotion. Rep puts me on hold, comes back and says he can't find it, there must be more to the code because they are "usually alpha-numeric codes". Tells me to fax in the offer. What the???
If you make an online purchase using the AU's name rather than the cardmember's name, does that count as a purchase by the AU? Or does the physical card have to be used?
Quote: If you make an online purchase using the AU's name rather than the cardmember's name, does that count as a purchase by the AU? Or does the physical card have to be used?
Then the Billing info would be bad because the names and UNIQUE card numbers would not match.
Quote: How many frustrating calls can I have with Amex in one evening???

So I call up and ask for the 6815 promotion. Rep puts me on hold, comes back and says he can't find it, there must be more to the code because they are "usually alpha-numeric codes". Tells me to fax in the offer. What the???
The agent who answered my call said she couldn't find the promo either. Maybe it's off by a digit.
Quote: If you make an online purchase using the AU's name rather than the cardmember's name, does that count as a purchase by the AU? Or does the physical card have to be used?
You need to use the AU's card number.
Quote: How many frustrating calls can I have with Amex in one evening???

Called again, csr says has the au met the spend requirement? I said no, so she said to call back after they have. I asked her to note the account that I called about this promo. She said "I am unable to note the account at this time, just call back." I asked her if I would have a problem then and she assured me I would not. Once again, we'll see...
Quote: The agent who answered my call said she couldn't find the promo either. Maybe it's off by a digit.
I realized AMEX cs reps have no idea what you are talking about. MR cs reps recognize the 4 digit code.
10  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  30